Delmar's POD 10-29-14

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Today's POD goes to TH for his response to this podt by Truster
Destroy someones idols and the idolators get nasty. The same bunch of people probably wouldn't flinch at abortion or child cruelty.

Now a word from TH

Actually, people who are comfortable with animal cruelty make excellent serial killers, who then aren't the sort to be particularly upset with killing anything or anyone. Conversely, people who have and care for animals tend to have higher levels of empathy and response.

People who find fault in virtue are people who don't really understand either.
Post of the Day :first:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hitler loved both Eva and his dog more than he loved God.

None of them ended up so good . . .

TH does not provide an absolute answer or truth:

people who have and care for animals tend to have higher levels of empathy and response.

Idolatry provides no good examples, does it?

john w

Hall of Fame

None of them ended up so good . . .

How do you know, that Adolph and Eva, were not one of "the elect?"

The above-take note, Delmar-POTLFM(Post Of The Last Five Minutes)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't think Hitler loved anything except Hitler and even that was a corruption of the word. He found pleasing those things that pleased him and was capable of murdering millions because the thought of their absence and the power that gave him pleased him.

Sure I did. You want study links confirming? I can get them for you if you really want to argue the point, though this wouldn't seem like the thread to do that in.

Truster's problem is that he assumes a rule he can't demonstrate and founds the assumption on numbers he doesn't look into in order to give a proper context.

The reason he doesn't, I suspect, is that once you start looking into them his case evaporates, as it does when reasoned through, which is why I'm on his ignore list.

Thanks, Delmar. :e4e:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
How do you know, that Adolph and Eva, were not one of "the elect?"

The above-take note, Delmar-POTLFM(Post Of The Last Five Minutes)

You tell me why Hitler and Eva did not ever repent, and exhibit faith in God.

I never declare any other soul a reprobate, until after the facts are all in . . . and the facts of the evil fruit and selfish end (suicides/murders) of Hitler/Eva/dog, seal and evidence his fate.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't think Hitler loved anything except Hitler and even that was a corruption of the word. He found pleasing those things that pleased him and was capable of murdering millions because the thought of their absence and the power that gave him pleased him.

Sure I did. You want study links confirming? I can get them for you if you really want to argue the point, though this wouldn't seem like the thread to do that in.

Truster's problem is that he assumes a rule he can't demonstrate and founds the assumption on numbers he doesn't look into in order to give a proper context.

The reason he doesn't, I suspect, is that once you start looking into them his case evaporates, as it does when reasoned through, which is why I'm on his ignore list.

Thanks, Delmar. :e4e:

Can you articulate what you are being lauded for, in this instance?

My impression, it is a matter of: "we" do not like or agree with Truster, so we give TH a POTD.

Do you thrive on such shaky laurels?

glorydaz

My impression, it is a matter of: "we" do not like or agree with Truster, so we give TH a POTD.

Do you thrive on such "shaky" men?

Are you a Truster Booster instead of a Truster Buster? :peach:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't have to. My post that Delmar noted was written in clear enough English. I offered to sustain the points within. So do you do this with every POTD or is it just about me?

Then you should question your bias on the point. That's not reasonable.
Truster is calling a thing idolatry without justification. His problem is in both overreaching and a rush to condemn over his own error.

Because thanking someone who compliments a thought you had can only reduce to that, eh? :rolleyes:

Good pick, Delmar. :thumb:

And good job, Town. (Just ignore Nang).
She doesn't worry me. I suspect she's nursing an old wound she gave herself in my name...but who really knows. God bless her even so.

glorydaz

I don't have to. My post that Delmar noted was written in clear enough English. I offered to sustain the points within. So do you do this with every POTD or is it just about me?

Then you should question your bias on the point. That's not reasonable.
Truster is calling a thing idolatry without justification. His problem is in both overreaching and a rush to condemn over his own error.

Because thanking someone who pays a thought you had can only reduce to that, eh? :rolleyes:

She doesn't bother me. I think she's just nursing an old wound she gave herself in my name...who knows.

I hope no one ever gives me a POTD if this is the kind of jealousy that flares up. Nang is nursing something, but I think it's a big ego. :chuckle:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't have to.

So you are happy with the Mod accolades . . . period?

My post that Delmar noted was written in clear enough English. I offered to sustain the points within. So do you do this with every POTD or is it just about me?

I think Delmar applauded you, based upon some (personal or spiritual) bias against another member-poster on TOL, without reasonable foundation . . . and you just like it, without finding it in your soul, to explain it.

Where is your opposing argument, presenting why or defining what you believe is Truster's error?

All I see, is you taking victory applause, without proper rebuttal.

john w

Hall of Fame
You tell me why Hitler and Eva did not ever repent, and exhibit faith in God.

Repent, as in "stop sinning? "exhibit faith in God," as in showing "good works" to "prove" it? Go ahead, and lay it out for us. Show us that "subtil"(Gen. 3 KJV) form of "works based" "salvation," that all you Clavinists must embrace, to "prove" that you are one of "the elect," despite your denial/spin, to the contrary.

How do you know, that they did not "repent," "exhibit faith in God?" You read their love letters/testimony? Were you in the bunker, with them, and know what they had in their heart, near the end?

Satanic Clavinist="I know I'm saved, cuz my lifestyle tells me so." I'm on to your perversion of the gospel of Christ.