Crow's pick 03-07-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

POTD!:first::crow2:

:bow:Way to go, Sozo!:bow:

exerpt from post

Denying ourselves is not gutting it out against sin, but rather we are to stop trusting in the flesh (our works) to be right with God. It is a daily struggle to renew our minds with the reality of Christ in our lives, and that He is our righteousness! When we walk in the Spirit, we are walking by faith in His work, not ours. To walk according to the flesh, is when we take our eyes off of Jesus, and back on what we are doing to be acceptable to God. This is what Paul warned the Galatians to stop doing, for having begun by the Spirit, they made every attempt to perfect themselves through obedience to the Law.

I do not fret about where I am in the eyes of judgmental Christians, because I am accepted in the beloved. My righteousness is in Him, and I only oppose and judge (as Christ and Paul did) those who bring a message of righteousness or justification through the works of the Law. IT IS GOD who is at work in me, both to WILL and to WORK acording to His good pleasure. I am HIS workmanship, created IN CHRIST for good works. Those WORKS are the very things that we are predestined to receive, because we are in Christ, and we walk in them.

context:first:

Sozo

Thanks my friend, and it is a joy that you are back!

You are a much needed asset to TOL.

I truly missed you!

Crow

Sozo, you're one of the people I missed the most while I was gone. It's good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.