Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Columbine and Luvox

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW
Bob Enyart: Of the many shootings on highschool campuses across the country since Columbine, almost all of them, the shooters have been on [psychotropic] drugs.

Donna Taylor: Most definitely, yes. We have an organization that we work with. It's called DrugAwareness.org. And we document every one of them. So if anyone wants to go to that website its called http://www.DrugAwareness.org

Last edited by a moderator:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'd be cautious about this, only because a lot of disinformation spread post-Columbine.

What's the problem with the simplest explanation? The killers were sociopaths, snapped, and that's that. Drugs may or may not have helped, but I doubt they caused Harris and Klebold to snap.

Mr. 5020

Jefferson,

Do you agree with this, from DrugAwareness.com?
Christopher Pittman, 12, was under the influence of Zoloft which prevented him from knowing right from wrong when he shot his grandparents dead and set their house on fire. Now, three years later, with LOTS of help given to the prosecution by Pfizer, the makers of Zoloft, Christopher has been convicted of murder and given 30 years.

Crow

granite1010 said:
I'd be cautious about this, only because a lot of disinformation spread post-Columbine.

What's the problem with the simplest explanation? The killers were sociopaths, snapped, and that's that. Drugs may or may not have helped, but I doubt they caused Harris and Klebold to snap.
I agree. Sociopaths don't become that way because of drugs--they are put on drugs because they are sociopaths in the first place.

"The medicine made me do it" is an a-#1 cop out, right up there with "temporary insanity."

Mr. 5020

Crow said:
I agree. Sociopaths don't become that way because of drugs--they are put on drugs because they are sociopaths in the first place.

"The medicine made me do it" is an a-#1 cop out, right up there with "temporary insanity."
:thumb:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Crow said:

Yeah, Bob warns them about that on the show.

Agape4Robin

Crow said:

:thumb:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
A further clarification of Bob's position from the show:

Evil is not chemically generated. It comes from the heart. ...[Cain] wasn't on Ritalin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.