Theology Club: CAN WE JUDGE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST ??

DAN P

Hi , and many believers and teachers say that we as an EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY are not to Judge and they quote Matt 7:1-5 !!

Then in 1 Cor 5:12 , it says that " For what have I to do to JUDGE them also that are WITHOUT , the Assembly !! Do not ye JUDGE them that are WITHIN the Assemby !!

Then in 1 Cor 2:15 we have a very interesting verse !!

But he that is Spiritual JUDGETH/INVESTIGATES ( G3303 ) all things , YET he himself is JUDGED/INVESTIGATED of NO MAN !!

This last JUDGED/INVESTIGATED is ANAKRINO and is in the Present Tense , which means CONTINUING action in present time !!

It is also in the PASSIVE VOICE , which means that there is an agent behind that person , the Holy Spirit !!

dan p

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I would think so.

Matthew 7:16-20

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
In think we judge by teaching, yet the Holy Spirit does not move me to judge; then I do think some are called upon to teach by correcting?

DAN P

In think we judge by teaching, yet the Holy Spirit does not move me to judge; then I do think some are called upon to teach by correcting?

Hi , and in 2 Tim 3:16 , we are all accountable and all scripture is PROITABLE for Teaching , for Reproof , for Correction , and for Instruction in Righteouness .

As usual , there is always the low uniformed babe " in Christ " and though you raised a good point , many BABE'S never growup and many are stunted !!

dan p

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Those who claim we should not judge also ignore John 7:24, and the 1 Corinthians 6, which follows chapter 5, obviously.

DAN P

Those who claim we should not judge also ignore John 7:24, and the 1 Corinthians 6, which follows chapter 5, obviously.

Hi , and we are only to please God and not man or his apprearance , as Gal 1:10 reveals .

In 1 Cor 5:2 is and Indictment , against those that say , We are not to Judge and he that is without sin , cast the first stone !!

dan p

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The "We" may be too wide.

The Holy Spirit brings Bliss, self truth, yet is would be unfair to say I am ecstatic :)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and many believers and teachers say that we as an EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY are not to Judge and they quote Matt 7:1-5 !!

We are not to judge a person, all we have to go by are external appearances. We don't judge persons, we judge their actions which, if proven, speak for themselves.

DAN P

We are not to judge a person, all we have to go by are external appearances. We don't judge persons, we judge their actions which, if proven, speak for themselves.

Hi , and 1 Cor 5:13 says , But God JUDGES the ones Outside , which means those outside the EKKLESIA .

Not only does God act , but there ACTIONS that condemns all to either Lose rewards and others are Condemned to the Lake of Fire .

1 Cor 6:5 , Paul delivered some to the Death !!

In verse 2 are to be removed from the Assembly !!

In verse 8 , are not to Associate with fornicators and the above are all to be Shunned !!

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Dan, keep in mind that no one can be judged until after they have died.

Hi , and yes all believers will be judged at the BEMA SEAT for rewards , but now , the context of 1 Cor 5:1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 7 , 9 , is NOW !!

So , we should keep that in mind , right ??

DAN P

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and yes all believers will be judged at the BEMA SEAT for rewards , but now , the context of 1 Cor 5:1 , 2 , 3 , 5 , 7 , 9 , is NOW !!

I was confused by the title of your thread which is "CAN WE JUDGE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST ??"

I see now that by "we" you meant Christ. Very confusing to me.

If "we" means Christ, to whom would the term "Christ" refer?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We are not to judge a person, all we have to go by are external appearances.

Matthew 12:34

Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

DAN P

I was confused by the title of your thread which is "CAN WE JUDGE IN THE BODY OF CHRIST ??"

I see now that by "we" you meant Christ. Very confusing to me.

If "we" means Christ, to whom would the term "Christ" refer?

Hi , and I am sorry if I confused you !!

To clarify . God will judge all the lost at the White Throne Judgment !

God Judges those outside of the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 5:12A and the Body of Christ judges those that are within the Body 1 Cor 5:12B .

Then in 1 Cor 11:29-30 many are weak , sickly and many die !

Paul , in 1 Cor 5:3 had to judge some , because the Body would not Judge , verse 2 .

In 1 Cor 3:16-17 , reveals that those in the Body can be judged !!

I have to disagree !

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God Judges those outside of the Body of Christ , 1 Cor 5:12A
and the Body of Christ judges those that are within the Body 1 Cor 5:12B .

Like I said earlier, we judge actions, not people.

"Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4 NKJV).

DAN P

Like I said earlier, we judge actions, not people.

"Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand" (Romans 14:4 NKJV).

Hi , and Paul did judge the Inaction of that assembly , 1 Cor 5:2 , and than judged that person by delivering that person to Satan for the Destruction of the flesh !!

This is potent , deliver to Satan for the destruction of the flesh 1 Cor 5:5 !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and Paul did judge the Inaction of that assembly , 1 Cor 5:2 , and than judged that person by delivering that person to Satan for the Destruction of the flesh !!

"This punishment which was inflicted by the majority is sufficient for such a man, so that, on the contrary, you ought rather to forgive and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one be swallowed up with too much sorrow. Therefore I urge you to reaffirm your love to him" (2 Corinthians 2:6-8 NKJV).

Iwannaknow

BANNED
Banned
What about what Paul and Jesus say about discerning the spirits? Wouldn't this be key in understanding the difference between a self-righteous judgment and discerning spirits?

If the Holy Spirit that resides within us is able to recognize the same in another brethren, would this not be enough to understand what kind of a witness is required in a certain case if any at all?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
What about what Paul and Jesus say about discerning the spirits? Wouldn't this be key in understanding the difference between a self-righteous judgment and discerning spirits?

If the Holy Spirit that resides within us is able to recognize the same in another brethren, would this not be enough to understand what kind of a witness is required in a certain case if any at all?

2Cor. 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan masquerades as an angel of light.
2Cor. 11:15 It is no great thing therefore if his ministers also masquerade as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

We judge a person's actions, not the person himself.