ECT Calvinism is at odds with the gospel, not open theism.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have not heard the term open theism before TOL. All the things stated though are true. They are attributes of God given by himself in the Bible. He brought the animals before Adam to see what Adam would call them. First page of the Bible, he tells us how it is.

On to Calvinism. Calvinists are at odds with the gospel. They claim they are predestined to life, which means the Lord Jesus Christ died for nothing. The good news of the cross is that he died for the sin of the world, and reconciled the world to God. All who voluntary put their trust in this, who call upon the name of the Lord, are saved. This is against what the Calvinists here claim.

I bring this up over many times the Open Theism vs Calvinism debate. Calvinism is against the gospel. Yes, Pate is right, even if he is repetitive.

musterion

When I saw the questions asked of how a God who exhaustively foreknows everything (if not predestined everything) could be genuinely pleased or angered by the choices people make...or how He could ask Israel what more He could have done and it not be a rhetorical question...I realized OT was on to something.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brothers and sisters, don't get drawn into the misdirection. When they want to argue open theism, counter with the gospel. That is what they are really against.