Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay troop leaders

GFR7

Boy Scouts end ban on openly gay troop leaders

NEW YORK (CBS) -- Monday, the Boy Scouts of America executive committee is expected to end its longstanding ban on gay troop leaders. In May, Organization President and former Defense Secretary Robert Gates spoke about the policy, saying it was time for the 105-year-old institution to make a change:

"We must deal with the world as it is, not as we might wish it to be," said Gates.

While many are celebrating the shift in policy, others say it doesn't go far enough. Under the decision, church-based units can continue to choose adult leaders whose "beliefs are consistent with their own." The decision does ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in all of its paying jobs across the country.

Gates and other executives hope the change in policy will help boost enrollment in the youth organization.

The Boy Scouts has seen a steady decline in membership in recent years. Last year the organization began to accept openly gay scouts, but not gay adults as troop leaders.

http://www.local8now.com/home/headl...an-on-openly-gay-troop-leaders-318641411.html

TrakeM

Good news! It's easy to just look at what Texas is doing trying to put inaccurate information into text books and other bad news and not take a moment to enjoy the good news.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Amos 5:7
There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground.

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

Foxfire

So far, the Girl Scouts haven't followed the example of their male counterparts in lifting their ban on LGBT leaders.

But then again, they don't have any such similar ban.....

GFR7

I think it is the inevitable outcome of the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage , legalizing it in all 50 states.

They have put the stamp of normality on homosexuality now; it is virtually normal.

Quetzal

I think it is the inevitable outcome of the SCOTUS ruling on same sex marriage , legalizing it in all 50 states.

They have put the stamp of normality on homosexuality now; it is virtually normal.
Yep! Welcome to the party, pal! :banana:

TracerBullet

It's a dumb thing to say, as it could be applied to crime, drug addiction, pedophilia: "We must deal with the world as it is" after all. :plain:

You claim you don't hate gays but here you are again trying to justify bigotry by falsely associating minorities to criminal, substance abusers and people who harm children.

GFR7

You claim you don't hate gays but here you are again trying to justify bigotry by falsely associating minorities to criminal, substance abusers and people who harm children.
No, I don't , and no, I am not - I am pointing out that the saying could be applied to these. Love ya, Trace. :kiss: :banana:

Quetzal

It's a dumb thing to say, as it could be applied to crime, drug addiction, pedophilia: "We must deal with the world as it is" after all. :plain:
Not even close to being the same thing. Yet another slippery slope fallacy brought to you by GFR7... again...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
:banana:................... :plain:

Congratulations on the ruling that anyone who follows the LGBTQueer agenda knew was coming long ago.

Of course the molestation rate will skyrocket, but since this is a politically correct move, who is going to believe a little boy <wink> when he tries to tell people that his highly respected homosexual scout master raped him?

GFR7

Congratulations on the ruling that anyone who follows the LGBTQueer agenda knew was coming long ago.

Of course the molestation rate will skyrocket, but since this is a politically correct move, who is going to believe a little boy <wink> when he tries to tell people that his highly respected homosexual scout master raped him?
I was being sarcastic. I don't think this was a good idea.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was being sarcastic. I don't think this was a good idea.

I wasn't being sarcastic. Remember that I dedicated the most important post in "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 3" to a little boy who was sexually molested as a child. I truly believe that the little boy wants others to feel the horror and humiliation that he went through.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4064685&postcount=2473

Again, congratulations on you and your LGBTQueer movement's historical victory.

GFR7

I wasn't being sarcastic. Remember that I dedicated the most important post in "Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 3" to a little boy who was sexually molested as a child. I truly believe that the little boy wants others to feel the horror and humiliation that he went through.

Again, congratulations on you and your LGBTQueer movement's historical victory.
Right. Congratulations to me, who was very against this and the SCOTUS ruling. Gee, thanks.:salute: