Ask Knight II

Nathon Detroit

The original Ask Knight thread was started in 2004 and had 5,332 responses and 261,543 page views! Threads that get that large tend to be very slow to load and therefore not as convenient to use. So, I have started this new Ask Knight thread (named Ask Knight II) to pick up where the original left off.

What's the point of the Ask Knight thread? Well... it can be really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and get no response or receive a long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions with simple direct answers.

After all... truth shouldn't have a complicated explanation.

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anything you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

No *topic is "off limits". The openess of God, dispensationalism, conservativism, hockey, the inner-workings of TOL, whatever!!!

Example questions...
- Hey Knight why did you start TOL?
- Hey Knight why does God do bad things to good people?
- Hey Knight why do you believe God exists?
- Hey Knight, why are you so ugly?
- Etc. etc.

Ask away.... and get the answers you are seeking. :D

*topics that are are inappropriate for TOL are inappropriate for "Ask Knight" as well.

P.S. I will do my best to answer your question in a timely manner. :)

OMEGA

Sir Knight II,

When I click on OMEGA it says ,

Find " ALL " posts of OMEGA (or any other poster.)

Can you please change that to find the last 10 posts (by the poster)

Thank you.

OMEGA :sheep:

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
When I click on OMEGA it says ,

Find " ALL " posts of OMEGA (or any other poster.)

Can you please change that to find the last 10 posts (by the poster)

Thank you.

While you're in there with the tools out can we get a "find my car keys" button?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some vBulletin sites support a function often called "spoiler". When using the bbcode for it all the content between the codes is hidden until the reader clicks the "spoiler" button in a post. Would this be something you would consider for TOL?

Sample here.

AMR

Nathon Detroit

Some vBulletin sites support a function often called "spoiler". When using the bbcode for it all the content between the codes is hidden until the reader clicks the "spoiler" button in a post. Would this be something you would consider for TOL?

Sample here.

AMR
Yeah, I have seen that in the past on other sites.

I just can't imagine very many times when we might use it here on TOL. Maybe just for fun?

Spoiler
Give me an example of how you see it being used here on TOL.

OK, I think we can have some fun with that one. Good idea AMR.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, for starters the feature will come in handy discussing movies and television episodes without giving away the plot. Will also be very handy when someone, oh I don't know, has a lot to say about a topic that others may or may not be interested in.

Spoiler
And I am confident Ghost will find plenty of use for it, too. ;)

AMR

Nathon Detroit

I wonder if the word in front of the button should say something other than spoiler since we will be using it in a more generic way than other sites. Maybe... "secret", or "Don't peek", or maybe "spoiler" is just as good as anything.
Spoiler
:idunno: