ECT An observation on hating falsehood and those who don't

musterion

He makes a good point.

Psalm 119:128

I have long observed that those who don't have zeal for truth don't understand zeal for truth. A zeal for truth is missing from modern evangelicalism. They say they love the truth, but they don't hate every false way and don't understand those who do. The spirit of Psalm 119:128 is glaringly absent. The dividing of doctrine into "essentials" and "non-essentials" is evidence of this. They confuse zeal with arrogance, Phariseeism, and a selfish "agenda." Now we are witnessing a rapidly growing number of fundamental Baptists with the same inability to understand zeal for the truth since this has disappeared from their lives and ministries. They divide truth into essentials and non-essentials, and whatever zeal for the truth they might have is directed only toward the "essentials." They don't get worked up over much of anything other than reproving the reprovers. If the brethren err in "non-essential" matters, they keep quiet. They want to keep things "positive." They don't want to disrupt the unity.

David Cloud, wayoflife.org

musterion

True, but there always has been error and deliberate deception. Nothing new there. The issue here is different. The West's denial of absolute truth has taken root deep in Christendom. The people described above are the result, along with theological liberalism, ecumenism, approving what God calls sin, etc.

True, but there always has been error and deliberate deception. Nothing new there. The issue here is different. The West's denial of absolute truth has taken root deep in Christendom. The people described above are the result, along with theological liberalism, ecumenism, approving what God calls sin, etc.

Very interesting and thought provoking thread topic, and on TOL? (You running a fever?) What distinction are you making between error and deliberate deception, and those, say liberals, who deny and pervert truths? It seems all cut from the same cloth, lies. Isn't it more like there are a myriad of sins, but they all have in common that they are against the God of the Bible, reject the things of God?

Yes, there is this Chinese menu phenomenon, where you have many people who will take a helping of this from scripture, but skip on that. There are mega churches full of people, whose gospel of the West and exercise are like something that belongs on Wheel of Fortune, or the Twilight Zone, if God's truth is the measure. I would ask peoples' opinions on whether subscribers to false gospels, in fact, can be Christian, with the caveat to exclude baby Christians, who need time to learn deeper truths, but, at whatever point a person is firm in their rejection of the whole truth, or lacking the desire to learn the whole truth, is that a true Christian? I believe not, in fact.

I’d not wish to put any more words in your mouth, but you seem to imply there are categories of error, that there are these churches apostate to the whole of gospel truth, that aren’t of error, even deliberately so? Are you saying the cults and false churches, with their charlatan pastors, of deceptive gospels, are not error? Even very deliberate? It seems pretty deliberate they all have their fingers in peoples’ pockets, create captive audiences, united in lies, to build their empires of deception. But lies are lies, don’t see any qualitative distinctions.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
IMO, Musterion does not attempt to make distinction between error and deception, but continues his advocacy of "TOL Truth-Smacking," which is the practice of hatefulness.

To him and others who belong to the subterranian order of SOOTS, it is supposedly a virtue to oppose and express hate towards any other beliefs than their own. (MAD)

It is this overt expression of hate, shown (in the name of Jesus Christ) by Clete against my husband's Christian testimony on another website, that clued us into the falsehoods being taught on TOL . . . years ago . . . in 2007.

Nothing has changed, except less participation.

We thank God there is much less participation and exercise of silly and hateful Smack-Down tactics on TOL!

For such tactics are losing their (sour) juice, due to being confronted daily with the one and true (sweet!!)) Gospel of Truth and Grace according to the Holy Scriptures.

Last edited:

musterion

What distinction are you making between error and deliberate deception,

The word deliberate is the clue.

To present something as true which you know is false, or misrepresented, or partial, or truth mixed with non-truth, or denying the truth of what the Word says, is deceptive and it is deliberate.

Error is not deliberate; it's unintentional. That's what makes it error. All of us are capable of error.

Anyone who claims to be incapable of error, ever, is being deliberately deceptive or is deluded.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
IMO, Musterion does not attempt to make distinction between error and deception, but continues his advocacy of "TOL Truth-Smacking," which is the practice of hatefulness.

To him and others who belong to the subterranian order of SOOKS, it is supposedly a virtue to oppose and express hate towards any other beliefs than their own. (MAD)

It is this overt expression of hate, shown (in the name of Jesus Christ) by Clete against my husband's Christian testimony on another website, that clued us into the falsehoods being taught on TOL . . . years ago . . . in 2007.

Nothing has changed, except participation.

We thank God there is much participation

For such tactics are losing their due to being confronted daily with the one and true (sweet!!)) Gospel of Truth and Grace according to the Holy Scriptures.
You sad little woman

musterion

When I was in the Navy, sooks was a derogatory term for South Koreans. Which I never understood since they are our ally.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

To him and others who belong to the subterranian order of SOOTS, it is supposedly a virtue to oppose and express hate towards any other beliefs than their own. (MAD)

Nothing has changed, except less participation.

We thank God there is much less participation and exercise of silly and hateful Smack-Down tactics on TOL!

For such tactics are losing their (sour) juice, due to being confronted daily with the one and true (sweet!!)) Gospel of Truth and Grace according to the Holy Scriptures.

Yes.

So often, the one who says they hate deception, actually show that they hate the person as well, and so reveal that they do not know or love Jesus Christ, but only themselves and their private interpretations of scripture.

LA