ECT A further MAD error 2

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
MAD (mid acts doctrine to the exclusion of the beginning of the book of Acts)

says that Paul was the first to be revealed the gospel of these verses---

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Notice the according to the scriptures.

How is it that MAD can not or prefers not to see or provide the scriptures which stated these things before the event occurred??

for Jesus speaking to His disciples said --

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

So it is that Jesus did preach these things to His disciples before He was crucified, but that they were hard of hearing them at the time.

The scriptures themselves spoke of these things well before Paul came on the scene--

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

So according to ---

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem

The church of Acts ch 2 knew the gospel very well and its meaning to them which is why when their eyes were opened they obeyed Acts 2:38.--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. LA

heir

TOL Subscriber

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

mystery of Christ/mystery hidden in the scriptures/hidden in plain sight (some might say)

That Christ would die for some men's sins was "according to the scriptures" a mystery, but "according to the scriptures". They are the "our" in 1 Corinthians 15:3 KJV. It's called the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto "our" glory (the "our" at the time Paul preached it during Acts were these Acts 13:16 KJV, Acts 13:26 KJV).

See it here and why it was a mystery and believe what saith the scripture (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

The mystery of the gospel wasn't revealed until later to and through Paul that the man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all; including the likes of people like you and me, those like the Ephesians, who in time past were without hope and without God in the world (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). That would be testified in due time (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, Acts 20:24 KJV, Ephesians 2:13-18 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV, Titus 2:11 KJV)!

Together all of those saved from the beginning of Paul's ministry, the "we" and the "ye" (Ephesians 1:12-13 KJV) make up the one new man! It is the fellowship of the mystery which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,...:

Notice: "hid in God" not a mystery according to the scriptures.

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
LA,

MAD is another denomination just like all the other denominations.

Their doctrine is gimmicky just like all other organizations' doctrines are gimmicky.

blessings.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA,

Their doctrine is gimmicky just like all other organizations' doctrines are gimmicky.

blessings.

I see you don't like "gimmicks" especially? What about that
"silly hat and cat that swallowed the canary smile?" Aren't
they a "gimmick?"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA,

blessings.

You've said in another one of your "inane threads," "There's a
lot of 'flirting' going on here at TOL?" Are you getting 'flirted'
with? If so, maybe you should try another hat and stop smiling?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

How is it that MAD can not or prefers not to see or provide the scriptures which stated these things before the event occurred??

1 Corinthians 2

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 2

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, 8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

The truths of God remain a "mystery" only to the reprobate.

The saints of God are promised to learn all things through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. John 16:13

heir

TOL Subscriber

The saints of God are promised to learn all things through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. John 16:13
Nang rejects the hidden wisdom of God in a mystery which God ordained before the world unto our glory in hiding the fact that "Christ died for our sins". 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV tells us why, but Nang ignores it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Luke 18

31 Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. 32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

God is in sovereign control of opening the eyes and understanding of sinful men. And He brings souls out of darkness into the light of His Son, in His own time, according to His own will.

Until and unless God the Holy Spirit raises sinners to new life (John 3:3), giving them new hearts, eyes, ears to hear, and regenerated minds to believe the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, sinners remain in spiritual darkness, and cannot believe the Gospel.

This is the very definition of "reprobate."

John 3:19-20

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Why another neg rep, Nick? What specifically do you disagree with, and from what exactly should I repent?

That God has the power to resurrect sinners from death to life?

Why should I repent from believing this truth?

Levolor

And that's a fact.

(Even though reprobate doesn't mean the same thing to me as it would a Calvinist, I totally agree with gist of this statement.)

Levolor

God is in sovereign control of opening the eyes and understanding of sinful men. And He brings souls out of darkness into the light of His Son, in His own time, according to His own will.

Until and unless God the Holy Spirit raises sinners to new life (John 3:3), giving them new hearts, eyes, ears to hear, and regenerated minds to believe the Gospel message of Jesus Christ, sinners remain in spiritual darkness, and cannot believe the Gospel.

Well, maybe I do then! :D

I looked up the definition of reprobate online since I like to be sure of what I totally agree with and it states: "(especially in Calvinism) a sinner who is not of the elect and is predestined to damnation."

But, yes; a person who has not had their mind renewed and given a new heart, the soul of a natural/carnal man would not/could not know the mysteries.

heir

TOL Subscriber

vs. the GOOD NEWS! Anyone can believe the gospel of Christ and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV) and will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

Nang is clueless as to the will of God in the dispensation of the grace of God. She refuses to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

john w

Hall of Fame

for Jesus speaking to His disciples said --

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Luk 24:45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
Luk 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

So it is that Jesus did preach these things to His disciples before He was crucified, but that they were hard of hearing them at the time.

The scriptures themselves spoke of these things well before Paul came on the scene--

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

So according to ---

Luk 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem

The church of Acts ch 2 knew the gospel very well and its meaning to them which is why when their eyes were opened they obeyed Acts 2:38.--

Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved. LA

"speaking to His disciples said"-you

After it happened, they finally "got it."

Notice, shill/poser, that the 12 had no clue re. 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, until after it occurred, as it was hid from them, per the below, and other verses, which you, in your deceit, craftily, subtily, ignore/dismiss:

Lukev 18 KJV
31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. 32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: 33 and they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. 34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Fraud-ette.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.[/B]

So how did they ever come to believe? How and when did they finally see the light of Jesus Christ?

What was the outcome of this event, according to Scripture?

john w

Hall of Fame
So how did they ever come to believe? How and when did they finally see the light of Jesus Christ?

What was the outcome of this event, according to Scripture?

Translated: change the "argument"

It was hid from them. Now, which word/phrase did you not "get?" "hid?" "understood?" "none of these things?"

Go ahead and deny it, as usual, because your Clavinist "the church" SOF tells you so. Go ahead.