How Many Would Vote to Have The Laws Reversed To Outlaw acts Of Homosexuality

nhtmvs

I know the subject has been probably whipped to death in the threads many times before, but, do to the flamming and bible quoting, I've never really been able to determine who was in favor or not of the government reversing and making laws to prohibit or inhibit the acts of homosexuals and how and what should be done. Please no flamming, long winded bible verse and scripture quoting, just your honest comments and beleifs. This is a subject that I've become deeply involved with and concerned about.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know the subject has been probably whipped to death in the threads many times before, but, do to the flamming and bible quoting, I've never really been able to determine who was in favor or not of the government reversing and making laws to prohibit or inhibit the acts of homosexuals and how and what should be done. Please no flamming, long winded bible verse and scripture quoting, just your honest comments and beleifs. This is a subject that I've become deeply involved with and concerned about.

Well, being that I am non religious, there would have to be something of relevant importance for me to agree that homosexual sex should be prohibited.

What I mean by this is that I would have to see it as being the same as other activities which ARE illegal because they always cause harm to an unwilling victim.

Rape, murder, child molestation are crimes that are committed AGAINST a non-consenting individual. When two adults are consenting to sex, there are no victims even if the action ends with negative consequences.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I wouldn't, and there are greater concerns.

WandererInFog

How exactly are you "deeply involved" with trying to criminalize homosexuality?

nhtmvs

At this point

At this point

At this point, it is more emotional involvement than anything. I have been pretty much center-line on most of the issues concerning homosexuality, gay pride parades, gay pride month, The President Elect reversing and changing The USA's stand on it in The United Nations, and all, but, after seeing and reading about how now in some states are incorporating the teaching of and about homosexuality in the K thru K5 schools and the gay organizations are now legally parading and flaunting the lifestyle to extremes to and in front of the younger children of society, it has me deeply disturbed. These children are easily impressionable and as most of us parents well know, It's a " Monkey See, Monkey Do", type of enviroment with these young individuals. From most of what I've been reading, the parents in these schools that have gone to this are given no choices in the matter other than to take the children out of the school and moving somewhere that doesn't teach this for the time being.
Anyway, I have already been a witness to one of the consequences of a form of this similar, "Monkey See, Monkey Do", kind of abuse. I live in a small community and have a family living not too far from me, where the heads of household are Lesbians. This in itself is cool with me, but, just a few days ago the little girl that is only about 7 or 8 yrs old, and lives there came walking down the street and for no other apparent reason, seeing me outside doing some yard work, came up to me and proudly stated, " Well, you know my mommies are lesbians don't you"?, "And when I grow up I'm going to be a lesbian to"!
What does one say to something like this!!??

nhtmvs

Sorry WandererInFog

Sorry WandererInFog

Sorry for not giving you a more direct answer in my long winded previous post. For myself, as I said, I've always been pretty much down the middle of the issue and never gave it much thought until recently. With the things I have seen and recently witnessed tho, my emotins have been severely shaken up and am really beginning to realize the destructive consequences to society as a whole by the flagrant flaunting and now of the forcing of homosexuality upon society. Im definately voting for any laws to be adopted and or reinstated to control and stop this flagrant abuse to society with the forcing of the issues of homosexuality. Sorry to stomp on anyones toes, but, I beleive it's one's rite to choose, but, only when they are old enough to make an informed decision as to how they want to conduct their lifestyle and not having it forced upon them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At this point, it is more emotional involvement than anything. I have been pretty much center-line on most of the issues concerning homosexuality, gay pride parades, gay pride month, The President Elect reversing and changing The USA's stand on it in The United Nations, and all, but, after seeing and reading about how now in some states are incorporating the teaching of and about homosexuality in the K thru K5 schools and the gay organizations are now legally parading and flaunting the lifestyle to extremes to and in front of the younger children of society, it has me deeply disturbed. These children are easily impressionable and as most of us parents well know, It's a " Monkey See, Monkey Do", type of enviroment with these young individuals. From most of what I've been reading, the parents in these schools that have gone to this are given no choices in the matter other than to take the children out of the school and moving somewhere that doesn't teach this for the time being.

Well, I don't believe that any specific talk or teaching regarding sexuality needs to go on in the classroom other than sex ed/abstinence training that allows parents to opt out.

However, what should be expected is a no bullying policy that would allow a teacher to reprimand ANY child who targets another child.

Anyway, I have already been a witness to one of the consequences of a form of this similar, "Monkey See, Monkey Do", kind of abuse. I live in a small community and have a family living not too far from me, where the heads of household are Lesbians. This in itself is cool with me, but, just a few days ago the little girl that is only about 7 or 8 yrs old, and lives there came walking down the street and for no other apparent reason, seeing me outside doing some yard work, came up to me and proudly stated, " Well, you know my mommies are lesbians don't you"?, "And when I grow up I'm going to be a lesbian to"!
What does one say to something like this!!??

Not much being that it is not your place to say anything. Would you like it if your child went to one of their friends home and upon finding out that his/her parents are Christians went on to tell that God doesn't exist?

Being that I am a non religious person, I see these two situations as both being the same and entirely wrong. Parents (except for cases of physical abuse or neglect) have a right to bring up their children however they please.

So, while you may disagree with what the child had to say, it isn't your place to butt in.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Im definately voting for any laws to be adopted and or reinstated to control and stop this flagrant abuse to society with the forcing of the issues of homosexuality. Sorry to stomp on anyones toes, but, I beleive it's one's rite to choose, but, only when they are old enough to make an informed decision as to how they want to conduct their lifestyle and not having it forced upon them.

We already have laws regarding public indecency ... why is that not enough to suffice?

bnbonnet

Back in the day I believe there was a law against sodomy, It still went on behind closed doors.
If homosexuality is outlawed it want stop a thing.
Wouldn't time be better spent by prosecuting to the fullest murders child abusers and wife beaters?
My view homosexuality will go on and on and on, no law will stop that.
To answer your question, No

byass

What about the greedy?

What about the greedy?

Back in the day I believe there was a law against sodomy, It still went on behind closed doors.
If homosexuality is outlawed it want stop a thing.
Wouldn't time be better spent by prosecuting to the fullest murders child abusers and wife beaters?
My view homosexuality will go on and on and on, no law will stop that.
To answer your question, No

Every human action will go on until whenever. Making a law stops nothing. According to my Bible in 1Cor6:9-10 whatever you do to homosexuals you should also do to the greedy! Have a look at the list here and let us be honest. If you condemn homosexuals you condemn everyone.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every human action will go on until whenever. Making a law stops nothing. According to my Bible in 1Cor6:9-10 whatever you do to homosexuals you should also do to the greedy! Have a look at the list here and let us be honest. If you condemn homosexuals you condemn everyone.
What in the word does that verse have to do with what acts should be criminal? My guess is you do believe that some behavior should be criminal!

byass

What in the word does that verse have to do with what acts should be criminal? My guess is you do believe that some behavior should be criminal!

The whole point to ponder is that none who do these things will inherit the Kingdom of God! And greed is listed with homosexual offenders and other 'respectable' sinners. Why do we single out homosexual for our self rightious condemnation or criminalisation?
Maybe alot more homosexuals would be converted to Christ if Christians could simply love them and not be their judge and executioner!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The whole point to ponder is that none who do these things will inherit the Kingdom of God! And greed is listed with homosexual offenders and other 'respectable' sinners. Why do we single out homosexual for our self rightious condemnation or criminalisation?
Maybe alot more homosexuals would be converted to Christ if Christians could simply love them and not be their judge and executioner!

first, they are singled out, but it is harder to determine if one is greedy, or just pragmatic

Second, homosexuals can and will be accepted in the Body of Christ, if they repent, in the same manner that an adulteress needs to repent

Third, your screen name is too suggestive and crass, I suggest you change it to bypass, it fits you better

Dena

Absolutely not. What goes on between two (or more)consenting adults is none of my business. My job is to be a good witness and pray for them. I would never vote to make it against the law. It's absurd. We already have too many laws here in the US if you ask me.

Revelation

BANNED
Banned
People can make it illegal if they want. It isn't going to change who I am or what I do. Lock me up or hang me in the streets if you think it'll make the world a better place. I can't see the justice in doing so but I ultimately only have to live my own life. Heck, persecution is nothing new to either gays or Christians. It is just a fact of life that there will always be those who abuse authority in order to oppress others.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Absolutely not. What goes on between two (or more)consenting adults is none of my business. My job is to be a good witness and pray for them. I would never vote to make it against the law. It's absurd. We already have too many laws here in the US if you ask me.
And what if we lost all the unnecessary laws? Would you vote to uphold the laws of God, or not? Do you believe that we would be better off if we actually held to the moral/ethical laws of the Mosaic law in this country, or no?