THINK (inside the box)

bybee

think

think

What if there is no box?

In order to think inside the box one must be inside the box thereforethere must be an opening in the box through which one may exit. Outsidethe box is unknown territory. One may get lost or one may find one's way to a better box. Gathering data is an exercise in sequential learning. Thinking, I believe, is an exercise in exponential learning. One follows the other. A wise person creates all kinds of openings for new connections. Onesifts through the new data discarding the useless, the inane. the insipid , the illogical and the profanewhile retaining the useful, the beautiful, the stimulating, the ethical and the spiritually edifying. Boxes are man made constructs. bybee

4string

Don't think inside the box, don't think outside the box, just think. 'the box' is something we set up, we made it's boundaries whether on purpose or as an accident of culture, outside the box is unexplored territory where new idea's can be found and new 'boxes' formed, that being said inside the boxes are well developed idea's that have been built upon by previous thinkers and may have developed into wonderfully complex and insightful extrapolations. Why limit yourself to either of these when it's easy to have both?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think way too many people are taking this whole 'where one should think' thinking thing way too seriously ... :chuckle:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not the T-shirts, the idea of thinking inside or outside the box.
Isn't it all just thinking? Didn't you already say that? If you think the box is all that redundant then it seems a little silly to keep yakking on about it ...

4string

Isn't it all just thinking? Didn't you already say that? If you think the box is all that redundant then it seems a little silly to keep yakking on about it ...

It's all thinking yes, my comments were about picking thinking inside the box over outside or vice versa.

GuySmiley

I think in the general vacinity of the box, on the right side usually, sometimes overlapping the box.