It's about time to overhaul TOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's about time to overhaul TOL

Well it's been a couple of years since we last updated TOL and it's nearing that time where we do it again. We are planning a complete overhaul of the TOL forum software and also the look and feel (i.e., theme). Therefore if you come to TOL and it's "under maintenance" you will know why.

I realize people hate change but with the internet and websites it's a unavoidable fact as server software changes so that you often need to change to be compatible.

I haven't figured out just when this will update take place as it kinda depends on my schedule but hopefully it will occur within the next 2 weeks. It normally takes at least a full day to complete a update such as the one I am planning.

Thanks to all the loyal TOLers out there that have made this place so fun over the last 20 plus years. Here's to another 20 years!!
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Will you keep V-bulletin or are you getting a different software package?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
      Will you keep V-bulletin or are you getting a different software package?
      Yep we will be sticking with vBulletin.
      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

A whole day?!?!?!?

Better start stocking up on my comfort foods to calm the withdrawals.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
        They already know monsters exist.
        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
          A whole day?!?!?!?

Better start stocking up on my comfort foods to calm the withdrawals.
          I think I can make it as long as the forum doesn't have too many changes. It took me forever to get up to speed the last time.

Comment

Choice of a dark theme would be fantastic.
            "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
            Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
            By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

I'll spend that day watching movies...

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                What in the world does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                  Scroll to bottom of this page. See the Pull-Down menu below About Us at bottom right.

Having a dark theme for night viewing is better than using add-ons like Hacker Vision and Deluminate. Even used in combination these browser add-ons never fail to foul up images on a page.

At least there is f.lux, which is much better than Windows' Nite light.
                  https://justgetflux.com/

AMR
                  Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                  Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                  AMR's Randomata Blog
                  Learn Reformed Doctrine
                  I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                  Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                  Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                  The best TOL Social Group: here.
                  If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                  Why?

Comment

I'd like to see a patriotic theme as a choice on the menu. Always loved red, white and blue.

Comment

All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                        Basically, black background with white letters, with photos normal.
                        "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                        Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                        By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Basically, black background with white letters, with photos normal.
                          Oh dear. I'm not sure about that.

But, I'm sure I'll adapt to whatever the boss decides.

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                            Scroll to bottom of this page. See the Pull-Down menu below About Us at bottom right.

Having a dark theme for night viewing is better than using add-ons like Hacker Vision and Deluminate. Even used in combination these browser add-ons never fail to foul up images on a page.

At least there is f.lux, which is much better than Windows' Nite light.
                            https://justgetflux.com/

AMR
                            Oh, that sounds better than just black all the time.

Comment

White (preferably light gray) on black is very easy on my eyes. But only as an option, not the default.
                              Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Working...
                              X