REPORT: The Death Penalty Debate - By Bob Enyart

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HillbillyWilli
WOW, I'm gone for a couple of hours, and I got 4 pages to read.
Buzzy board.

I'm still against the death penalty.
In the prodical son parable, why was the son not ordered stoned to death?

FORGIVENESS
Just curious, have you read the article at the top of this thread? (I know it is a long article.)

:read:

Untouchable

Turbo made a decent point Freak, not really important, but I think it was valid. I think you can give him that one and still keep your pretty well put together argument in tact. :)

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Freak
Smart money tells me Turbo has not yet understood the program.

Next! :p
You really don't know why I bring up David whenever you bring up Paul, do you Freak? I've only explained it to you about a dozen times.

Freak

Originally posted by HillbillyWilli
WOW, I'm gone for a couple of hours, and I got 4 pages to read.
Buzzy board.

I'm still against the death penalty.
In the prodical son parable, why was the son not ordered stoned to death?

FORGIVENESS
:thumb:

Freak

Originally posted by Turbo
You really don't know why I bring up David whenever you bring up Paul, do you Freak? I've only explained it to you about a dozen times.
And I've been telling you to get with the program---we are no longer under the Old Covenant. We are under the New Covenant. :rolleyes:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Freak, I'm not saying we're under the Old Covenant. That's not my point at all.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Freak, I'm not saying we're under the Old Covenant. That's not my point at all.
Yea but Turbo if Freak acknowledged your point he might actually have to ponder it! :shocked: :noid:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
True enough, Knight.
P.S. I love the "David" point you are making..... it completely destroys Freaks entire argument since he acknowledges that God commanded the death penalty in Davids time. :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight, remember when he tried to say that since Jesus equated hate with murder, that those who are pro-death penalty ought to call for the execution of haters?

Yet he supports jail for murderers, but not for haters. And he wouldn't even address whether the covetous should be made to pay restitution. And every time either was pointed out to him, he would say, "This thread is about the death penalty. Stay on topic."

Ah... Good times!

Freak

Originally posted by Knight
P.S. I love the "David" point you are making..... it completely destroys Freaks entire argument since he acknowledges that God commanded the death penalty in Davids time. :D

In your dreams....

For God is just dealing with David the way He did and as He was with Paul. :p

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In your dreams....

For God is just dealing with David the way He did and as He was with Paul. :p
So are you now changing your stance and arguing that God was against the death penalty in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why not just answer this question, Freak?:

David was a murderer and an adulterer. Both crimes were punishable by death, but God forgave David when he repented, and did not demand David be put to death.

Is it therefore reasonable to argue that God abolished the death penaly altogether when He forgave David? Is that reasonable?
Yes or No?

Freak

Originally posted by Knight
So are you now changing your stance and arguing that God was against the death penalty in the Old Testament as well as the New Testament?
Nope. God is just, correct???? Well, in dealing with David, He was just. That is all I'm saying.

Freak

Is it therefore reasonable to argue that God abolished the death penaly altogether when He forgave David? Is that reasonable?
Yes or No?
WE know God is just in dealing with people. He was just in dealing with David. Do you have a problem with this? :p

Freak

I have a problem with you dodging the question.
This is a illogical statement because I have answered your questions. You just didn't like the answers! :p

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is a illogical statement because I have answered your questions. You just didn't like the answers! :p
The choices were yes or no. Your "answer" didn't apply to the question.