ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
godrulz,

Over here you said to logos_x...
This post, had it been made at ChristianForums, could have gotten you banned.

ChristianForums.com RULES state...

I think I am in the rules since I was talking about a belief that is heresy without calling him a heretic directly? :p

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
Hey genius, a heretic is one who believes, teaches, or promotes heresy. So to tell someone that they believe and are teaching heresy is to call them a heretic.

Your attempt to separate the two, and to say that one is acceptable and the other isn't, is a form of legalism.

But of course I'm in no way suggesting that you are a legalist ;)

That said, I wonder whether the CF admins and mods acknowledge that saying "you are teaching heresy" is exactly the same as saying "you are a heretic," or if they try to split hairs the way you do. :think:

Generally a heretic puts one outside of Christianity. It is possible to be a Christian and believe a wind of doctrine or heresy in one peripheral area without denying the essentials of the faith. There are many believers here who hold to isolated heresies (half truths). Most are in controversial or peripheral areas. Heretic would be too strong and generalized for this.

Have you tried to get clarification from the controllers of their board? Maybe you are jumping to conclusions or overreacting to their intentions to keep things positive without compromising convictions?

logos_x

godrulz said:
I think I am in the rules since I was talking about a belief that is heresy without calling him a heretic directly? :p

Don't worry about it.
I'm in good company. :nananana:

oftenbuzzard

Silk Queen said:
And if you look real close you don't see that log.

Your post is a gentle rebuke.

So in posting this rebuke are you not validating the principle that rebuke is good at times? Or is this too sublte a speck to see when wearing wooden contacts?

:crow: Buzz out

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
oftenbuzzard said:

So in posting this rebuke are you not validating the principle that rebuke is good at times? Or is this too sublte a speck to see when wearing wooden contacts?

Shhhhhhmack! :up:

Big Mouth Nana

I am a member there. Sorry... they are just doing a software upgrade. Erwin will have it back up and running real soon....I'm sure to the one who got "banned" that is a REAL disappointment :cry:

Silk Queen

oftenbuzzard said:

Yes it was a gentle rebuke. I validate rebukes but I really like to know what exactly is the problem with Tol and CF.
Some Christians and some atheist go over to II infidel and bash Cf and then go over and post as if it was the right thing to do.
I have never saw Cf as a whole people bash anyone. :
I hope you don't do the same although I have to admit it entertains me. :sheep: :sheep:

no avatar

Silk Queen said:
Yes it was a gentle rebuke. I validate rebukes but I really like to know what exactly is the problem with Tol and CF.
Some Christians and some atheist go over to II infidel and bash Cf and then go over and post as if it was the right thing to do.
I hope you don't do the same although I have to admit it entertains me. :sheep: :sheep:
I don't think CF has a problem with TOL. I'm not sure what sparked Knight's/TOL's war with CF, unless he is just jealous with the success CF has had.

Maybe he can explain to those of us that were not in on the plans. :chuckle:

Big Mouth Nana

Silk Queen said:
I have been a member of CF for over 3 years, and have posted there almost everyday for that length of time. I have received several "warnings" myself for Ad Homien attacks...which in my mind were gentle rebukes. One of the problems that they have in their Eschatology forum, is that the mods are almost all Catholics. Now, how are you going to say that the whore of Babylon is the Catholic church if you believe that, lol? Not that I do, but there are those that do. Anything slightly resembling something against the Catholic church in Eschatology is a BIG NO NO....but they have a forum for that in the Catholic forum. The problem there is, you can ask questions, but not attack their beliefs with scripture even, but they can chew on you if they want. Where is the fairness in that?

Silk Queen

no avatar said:
I don't think CF has a problem with TOL. I'm not sure what sparked Knight's/TOL's war with CF, unless he is just jealous with the success CF has had.

Maybe he can explain to those of us that were not in on the plans. :chuckle:
Yes please do explain Knight.
Is this your board Knight...It is a good one you don't have to stoop to this!
Not calling you this sore :loser: but maybe just the apperance of one. :nono:

fool

Hall of Fame
Big Mouth Nana said:
I am a member there. Sorry... they are just doing a software upgrade. Erwin will have it back up and running real soon....I'm sure to the one who got "banned" that is a REAL disappointment :cry:
Who got banned?

no avatar

Big Mouth Nana said:
I have been a member of CF for over 3 years, and have posted there almost everyday for that length of time. I have received several "warnings" myself for Ad Homien attacks...which in my mind were gentle rebukes. One of the problems that they have in their Eschatology forum, is that the mods are almost all Catholics. Now, how are you going to say that the whore of Babylon is the Catholic church if you believe that, lol? Not that I do, but there are those that do. Anything slightly resembling something against the Catholic church in Eschatology is a BIG NO NO....but they have a forum for that in the Catholic forum. The problem there is, you can ask questions, but not attack their beliefs with scripture even, but they can chew on you if they want. Where is the fairness in that?
But you CAN say the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon if you go to a church that includes that in it's confessions or other historical documents. All you have to do is quote it.

Each of the congregational forums have the same rules. You just have to know how to work the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.