ChristianForums banned Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmiley

~Agnostic~ said:
None requested. But on what basis do you believe that you are going to heaven yourself?
You've never heard before?

Rom 10:8-11
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
NKJV

I believe Jesus was the Son of God, that He died for my sins, that He was raised from the dead, and I'm confessing that to you now (with a keyboard, does that count?).

NobodyImportant

I'm pretty sure, in fact certain, that you guys are missing the point. Of everything. From what I read of the original post (no I didn't read all 19 pages), it sounds like Christian Forums is trying to prevent flaming and the general deprecation of other people. It does not ban Christ, in fact none of those rules even mentioned Christ, nor does it take away from the gospel message: of love. Jesus came down because He and the Father love us and want to save us from sin and hell. The point is not to condemn, but to heal, and that is what those rules are applying to the ChristianForums website. The examples given do not apply to you or I, because we are just as evil as the people to which Christ was referring. We do not have the right nor the slightest bit of righteousness to condemn, insult, or denounce others. We may feel that their views are incorrect - they very well may be - but this does not allow us to bash them. Tell me where Christ asked us to tear down one another instead of building one another up and I will give this up. We are a people of love. Christ was speaking to us when he made those statements, not telling us to pridefully place ourselves above others. He could make those statements, tell those truths because he was perfect (which by the way, we aren't). Until that point, all of this finger pointing and name calling is nothing but deceitful drivel that we should end.

(Amen.)

NobodyImportant

Paul was directly influenced by the Holy Spirit and had a physical confrontation with Christ. Did you? He is the most qualified person to speak truth (other than Christ himself) in the history of man. Are you? His works were placed in our Holy Bible. Are yours? I think the bible should define our words and actions, not the messages on some online forum.

Mr. 5020

NobodyImportant said:
By the way, those statements were made by Christ, not Paul. You switched the argument.
Actually, the argument has been going this way for a long time. You just haven't read it yet. ;)

Do you think Paul was speaking to all Christians when he said...
1 Timothy 5:20
Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Titus 1:13
This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

NobodyImportant

I really can't answer that question. All I know is that I want to win people to Christ, to eternal life, and that comes through love, not through insults and internet flames. Paul wants the truth to be heard, but the truth is love and that shouldn't be forgotten. That's all. I found the article to be too judgemental for my liking. Or beliefs. Or method of living, as it were. Please forgive my ignorance of the other "in between' pages, I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

Mr. 5020

NobodyImportant said:
I really can't answer that question. All I know is that I want to win people to Christ, to eternal life, and that comes through love, not through insults and internet flames. Paul wants the truth to be heard, but the truth is love and that shouldn't be forgotten. That's all. I found the article to be too judgemental for my liking. Or beliefs. Or method of living, as it were. Please forgive my ignorance of the other "in between' pages, I just wanted to throw in my two cents.
:thumb:

People evangelize in different ways. Just look at two huge Texas churches: Cornerstone Church and Lakewood Church. Two completely different styles - same results.

ApologeticJedi

Knight said:
It should be noted that Christianforums.com has a huge membership, very likely the largest membership for a "Christian" forum on the internet.

More evidence of the failure of mainstream Christianity. :(

For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the [mainstream Christianity] and [christian leaders]...

death2impiety

Maximeee's Husband
NobodyImportant said:
By the way, those statements were made by Christ, not Paul. You switched the argument.

You'll have a much better grasp of the argument and possibly come to understand the validity therein if you read all "19 pages" of the opening post.

The fact that you didn't read it all shows that you don't care about the argument and whether or not there is any truth to it. You are only concerned with upholding the cliche that you have become accustomed to.

Open that skull of yours and consider the argument before you attempt to refute it.

NobodyImportant

death2impiety said:
You'll have a much better grasp of the argument and possibly come to understand the validity therein if you read all "19 pages" of the opening post.

The fact that you didn't read it all shows that you don't care about the argument and whether or not there is any truth to it. You are only concerned with upholding the cliche that you have become accustomed to.

Open that skull of yours and consider the argument before you attempt to refute it.

See. This is precisely what i'm talking about. I'm perfectly willing to have a civilized conversation and discuss biblical truths, but no sooner do I get my word out than I am instantly critisized (sp?). Maybe I will try to "open that skull of mine" but not with you jumping down my throat. I hate to break it to you, but we're on the same side. I think that the point is to figure it out, not force our own ideas on others, especially others that have many basic ideas that are similar to yours, ones that can be built upon. I hope you understand what I'm saying because I'm not trying to insult anyone.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I have not read this thread.

The truth should unite believers even if it divides believer from unbeliever.

Christian Forums is probably noble in its goal. Why think division over peripheral or controversial issues is spiritual and superior? Why equate abrasiveness, whether one is actually right or wrong, with being Christ-like? He was the Truth and usually more accurate in His assessment of men's hearts and beliefs (unlike us half the time).

Sozo

godrulz said:
He was the Truth and usually more accurate in His assessment of men's hearts and beliefs (unlike us half the time).
Was Paul unqualified in his assessments?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
Was Paul unqualified in his assessments?

Paul urged others to follow him as He followed Christ. He was capable and godly, in tune with the Spirit. This did not make him infallible. Sometimes in I Cor. he spoke from the Lord. Other times he implied it was his opinion but he thought he had the mind of Christ in the matter.

There were probably times in Paul's life that he was not bang on. This did not become Scripture, or it was recorded as narrative rather than revelation.

We are to follow Paul and Christ, but this does not mean we might not be in the flesh or presumptious at times. There is much gossip and judgment in the churches (including the first century church) that was rebuked rather than commended by Jesus or Paul (Rev. 2; 3; I Cor.).

ShadowMaid

NobodyImportant said:
I really can't answer that question. All I know is that I want to win people to Christ, to eternal life, and that comes through love, not through insults and internet flames.

Exactly. Love. But, so many Christians think the only kind of love is tolerance. And that's not true. As you're read from Scripture, Leviticus 19:17 Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt.

NobodyImportant

Yes, if someone is doing something decidedly unbiblical, especially a fellow believer, you should alert them to their ways. However, this should be done in love, not judgement so as to remain a friend and helper. Condemnation is not the goal.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
NobodyImportant said:
Yes, if someone is doing something decidedly unbiblical, especially a fellow believer, you should alert them to their ways. However, this should be done in love, not judgement so as to remain a friend and helper. Condemnation is not the goal.
Who would disagree with that?

But what if they don't listen?

Or what if the thing they are doing is harming others?

What if your friend is on her way to abort her baby? (as an example)

Status
Not open for further replies.