Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth unites as well as divides

Truth unites as well as divides

Knight said:
TITLE OF THE WEBSITE: ChristianForums.com
SUBTITLE OF THEIR WEBSITE: Christian Forums is a multi-denominational Christian forum message board community uniting all Christians as one body.

Yet the truth divides!

Christ said...

Luke 12:51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division.

Matthew 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword."

John 7:43 So there was a division among the people because of Him.

So ChristianForums.com banned Christ.

Hi Knight,

Since I was invited......and endured reading most of this thread to get here......lets address the subtitle/slogan of ChristianForums.com and your statement that 'truth divides' - these are both relative statements carrying the perspective of the translator.

First,..... all true christians already are one body in Christ and the sentiment to unite christians of all kinds, brands, demonimations, varieties as an ecumenical endeavor is a good will directive.....and anyone seeing harm in it is approaching it with their presuppositions, hence their criticisms.

Second,.....lets recall the prayer of Jesus in John ch. 17. - his fervent prayer was for Unity among all who believed in him. Unity is essential in Gods Family...and is actually the spiritual state/condition of all those who are rooted, grounded and have their being in God who is Love. God is ONE. The aim of uniting christians together in the spirit of love and brotherhood does not necessarily imply the sacrifice of truth, for it is Truth Itself that unites all Spirit-born sons of God.

TOL is a great forum and has allowed some of us of more liberal mindsets freedom to compose as our merry little hearts desire...as long as the rules are observed. So kudos to TOL. Sure you may get truth-smacked(as they would call it)...but us more hardy types prevail nonetheless. Criticizing another forum (christianforums.com) for being 'pansies' or too soft is something that die-hard TOL'ers would likely enjoy as they pride themselves for being 'truthsmackers' for Jesus. (it seems to come with the territory...as commonplace among sects and other religious clubs).

Gods primary desire is salvation for all.....and His Love by nature wills for Unity among his children - 'peace on earth, goodwill towards man.' That Christ and his teaching does bring about division is natural as those who hear Him will take sides to accept or reject Him and his words. - in that case...there will be division of course. - thats a given. Lets not forget though that Love wills to unite all in its eternal embrace....and the body of Christ is one in spiritual nature and kin. Christs prayer for unity is most powerful and it is this prayer that resonates deep in the hearts of those who know the Will of God.

paul

oftenbuzzard

freelight said:
Lets not forget though that Love wills to unite all in its eternal embrace....and the body of Christ is one in spiritual nature and kin[/COLOR].[/SIZE] Christs prayer for unity is most powerful and it is this prayer that resonates deep in the hearts of those who know the Will of God.

paul

As a rule, I like this verse:

Eph. 4.2 -- With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love

I believe 4.2 means what it says! Not to take these words at face value and act consistently on them is a bad thing, doncha agree?

JoyfulRook

Are you the same as temple2000 and temple2005? If so, why didn't you just have one of the admins change your name for you?

the truth

I am a member of that site. There are quite a few good people on there. I have although had a few posts of mine delted because I said anyone who adds works to what Christ did on the corss are not Christians no if ands or buts about it. I was told I violated the rules of insulting other religions. I still go there and post prayer etc LIke I said there are alot of true Christians on there standing there ground. God bless. :)

Sozo

the truth said:
I am a member of that site. There are quite a few good people on there. I have although had a few posts of mine delted because I said anyone who adds works to what Christ did on the corss are not Christians no if ands or buts about it. I was told I violated the rules of insulting other religions. I still go there and post prayer etc LIke I said there are alot of true Christians on there standing there ground. God bless. :)

Good for you, and welcome to TOL!

:cheers:

M Paul

I have posted in Christian Forums many times. It is a very good forum and should be highly commended. It is not anything at all like how this thread represents it. Which brings up the question, why is this being done??????

oftenbuzzard

M Paul said:
I have posted in Christian Forums many times. It is a very good forum and should be highly commended. It is not anything at all like how this thread represents it. Which brings up the question, why is this being done??????

Good question. Seems like each site should be able to define who and what they wanna be.

Observation: Tis easier to be a critic than the owner of a site.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
the truth said:
I am a member of that site... I have although had a few posts of mine delted because I said anyone who adds works to what Christ did on the cross are not Christians no if ands or buts about it. I was told I violated the rules of insulting other religions.
Then do you agree that those rules are misguided and ungodly?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oftenbuzzard said:
Good question. Seems like each site should be able to define who and what they wanna be.
But if a site identifies itself as ChristianForums shouldn't their rules allow Christ-like behavior? And if they don't want to allow such behavior, shouldn't they refrain from identifying their site as "Christian?"

Observation: Tis easier to be a critic than the owner of a site.
Observation:The critic (Knight) IS the owner of THIS site.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
M Paul said:
Christian Forums... is not anything at all like how this thread represents it.
Saying it doesn't make it so. Knight quoted those rules verbatim from their site, and several people have testified to having their posts altered or deleted for speaking the truth and calling a spade a spade.

Which brings up the question, why is this being done??????
We Christians are called to rebuke and correct our neighbors when they are doing wrong.

Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. 1 Timothy 5:20

Open rebuke is better Than love carefully concealed. Proverbs 27:5

You shall not hate your brother in your heart. You shall surely rebuke your neighbor, and not bear sin because of him. Leviticus 19:17​
As Knight pointed out, Christ himself would be quickly banned from ChristianForums for the things he did and said during His earthly ministry. Do you agree with his assessment? (If not, please support your case and refute Knight's opening post.)

Will you stand with us in calling on the administration of ChristianForums to either change their rules or change their name?

JoyfulRook

the truth said:
You ought to stay here. This site won't delete posts for insulting other religions (unless they're vulgar or somethihng). This is where we value the truth over unity. And sometimes, the truth hurts.

Welcome to TOL. :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.