State of the Union Address

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
State of the Union Address

My favorite part was his closing:

Many challenges, abroad and at home, have arrived in a single season. In two years, America has gone from a sense of invulnerability to an awareness of peril … from bitter division in small matters to calm unity in great causes. And we go forward with confidence, because this call of history has come to the right country.

Americans are a resolute people, who have risen to every test of our time. Adversity has revealed the character of our country, to the world, and to ourselves.

America is a strong Nation, and honorable in the use of our strength. We exercise power without conquest, and sacrifice for the liberty of strangers.

Americans are a free people, who know that freedom is the right of every person and the future of every nation. The liberty we prize is not America's gift to the world, it is God's gift to humanity.

We Americans have faith in ourselves — but not in ourselves alone.

We do not claim to know all the ways of Providence, yet we can trust in them, placing our confidence in the loving God behind all of life, and all of history.

May He guide us now, and may God continue to bless the United States of America.

Thank you.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My take on the State of the Union Address

My take on the State of the Union Address

In my opinion, Mr. Bush showed that he has the TF to stand up and do what needs to be done. He's worried about the economy, but he's more worried about the safety of our citizens.

I'm not looking forward to a war, but if it's necessary to oust or kill Saddam Hussein in order to guarantee a little more safety to our nation and our allies, then it has to be. According to the news stories I read every day, Saddam has not proven that Iraq has no weapons of mass destruction. In fact, all he's done is try to cover up the fact that they ever had them.

I pray for our president regularly. He has to make decisions that I don't envy at all. I know that I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

Housefly

Here, here!

As I watched the sharp division of our congress display it's self, especially on matters of taxes (demies don't want cuts, reps do) and partial-birth abortion (reps demand an end, demies aren't sure that it's not ok), I was struck at the look of contempt etched in Tom Daschle's face. Yipes!! That guy gives me the creeps!!

Nancy Pelosi is something of a frightening character too, did any one see the evil look that swept across her face when she was questioned about her knowledge of Hussien having any terrorist connections? Can you believe she said he didn't?!!

Anyway, it was an...interesting ... EVENT. "State of the Union"....Humm...I'm not sure it really told us that so much as it was a pep-rally for causes and plans. However, the prez is doing what we elected him to do, thank God.

"For the heart of the King is in My hand..." Says the Lord.

And I will not fear.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey Housefly! Did you notice that Ted Kennedy seemed to nod off toward the end of President Bush's speech? I laughed so hard when I saw that that my daughter thought something was wrong.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Democratic response to State of the Union Address

Democratic response to State of the Union Address

Here is the democratic response to the State of the Union if anyone wants to see it. To me, it seems that the democrats want to shift the focus away from national security almost completely and onto the economy alone. I think that would be a bad mistake on our part. But, one never knows.

Housefly

Ebenz, yeah I saw Ted taking a snooze! Did you see the one who was trying not to watch himself in the camera? I thought his eyes would roll out of his head that one time!

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL! I'm trying not to laugh too hard. My mom's a democrat. She hates the fact that I'm a conservative. I say conservative instead of republican because I'm more conservative than they are.

I didn't see that guy trying not to watch himself. LOL! I only got to watch part of it because my daughter wanted to watch Volcano. So, as soon as it was over, I went looking for the transcript on Fox News. I'm going to print it out tomorrow so that my daughter can read it and do a summary of it for history/current events. I combine the two subjects because, basically, we're making history in this country now.

Housefly

Awesome idea for your daughter! You must home educate?

what's that smell?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Housefly
Awesome idea for your daughter! You must home educate?

what's that smell?

Yeah. Been doing it for five years now. And, we haven't gotten to stinky projects yet.

NATEDOG

Nancy Pelosi is pretty freaky.
Did you notice how she called Sadam a psychotic dictator and a madman, but then she says we've got to try more diplomatic approaches? IS IT POSSIBLE TO REASON WITH A MADMAN?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NATEDOG
Nancy Pelosi is pretty freaky.
Did you notice how she called Sadam a psychotic dictator and a madman, but then she says we've got to try more diplomatic approaches? IS IT POSSIBLE TO REASON WITH A MADMAN?

LOL! Yeah. I've been watching how both parties react to all of this. Just like with gun control and abortion. The democrats think it's all right to kill an unborn child but don't shoot the guy who's breaking into your house with murder and mayhem on his mind.

Goose

Originally posted by ebenz47037

LOL! Yeah. I've been watching how both parties react to all of this. Just like with gun control and abortion. The democrats think it's all right to kill an unborn child but don't shoot the guy who's breaking into your house with murder and mayhem on his mind.
Isa 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

NSMinistries

Resident Servant
Originally posted by Goose
Isa 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"

What a perfect verse to add to this thread...:thumb:

P

Pilgrimagain

"We will consult, but let there be no misunderstanding: If Saddam Hussein does not fully disarm, for the safety of our people, and for the peace of the world, we will lead a coalition to disarm him."

This implies that after the consultation is over, even if no one is with us, we will still move ahead with military action. So my question is, "if no one agrees with us, how are we going to get a coalition?"

Secondly, "The safety of our people." President Bush seems to have forgotten that there are US servicemen and women in an actively dangerous environment in Korea. There is a country that has nuclear launch capability and weapons of mass destruction and the will to use them and yet somehow President Bush can't seem to look that far east to the safety of those particular Americans.

Is it me or has everyone forgotten that Korea is just a cease fire and that the "conflict" was never officially resolved?

Goose

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Is it me or has everyone forgotten that Korea is just a cease fire and that the "conflict" was never officially resolved?
I haven't forgotten. :) I don't know what we're going to do about North Korea. I think there are a lot more political measures that we could take with them before we do something like go to war with them. I do like the fact that South Vietnam loves us. :D