The all-new TOL 2013

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
live links..........

live links..........

This should be fixed now. (speaking about social groups dialogue contents)

Super. Is there a way to have links highlighted in blue (automatically) like we had it in the old format? For links now there is a subtle underline under the text, but its not that noticeable, unless one puts their pointer over it.

Thanks,

pj

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Super. Is there a way to have links highlighted in blue (automatically) like we had it in the old format? For links now there is a subtle underline under the text, but its not that noticeable, unless one puts their pointer over it.

pj
If you are talking about posts the links are blue. Unless you have visited that link already, then they are black with an underline.

Quincy

I'd rather hear you go on about the new Windows than endure the Cult of Jobs talking about their latest gadget.

I actually love Windows 8. It's just becoming clear that it's not going to have anywhere near the adoption rate that 7 experienced. 7 will probably be on most PCs until the next Windows, in the same way XP was until 7.

Granted Vista was an atrocity of the highest kind bested only by Win ME in software flaws, so who knows. Maybe the Xbox One will work with 8 in some way that will make people upgrade.

I don't even get the uproar about 8 really. It's got everything 7 does minus the start button when you're in desktop mode. Plus the Metro UI is great, tons of info right away. The only fault I have with Win 8 is that some shortcuts don't automagically populate in Metro, so you have to uncover some hidden folders to be able to put your shortcuts in Metro. Annoying but not broken.

I hope I obliged :eek:

IMJerusha

What I know about computers you can put on the head of a pin but I just did something that improved the washed out appearance....I know, it's silly, but I simply tilted my flat screen up a bit and everything improved dramatically. It seemed overly bright at first and I could hardly make out the membership level and club banners over the reputation. A wee tilt made all the difference. Pardon me for being a computer ditz! The new appearance is quite cheery Knight, thank you! Before long your avatar might smile! LOL

GuySmiley

I thought that possibly there were random errors in the server hosting TOL and the site came out with this new look. Knight liked it better and (naturally) selected to keep the new look.

But if you designed it on purpose, well, good job then! I like it.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I thought that possibly there were random errors in the server hosting TOL and the site came out with this new look. Knight liked it better and (naturally) selected to keep the new look.
Over time that will move from just a theory to scientific fact.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No, when you are looking at a forum... say like this. If you see a green button on the left side you have participated in that thread.
For some of them it isn't doing that. At least for me. And the icon is one not noted on the list of thread identification buttons.:idunno:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For some of them it isn't doing that. At least for me. And the icon is one not noted on the list of thread identification buttons.:idunno:
That's why I was hesitant to make the change in color. There are many other thread indicators... threads with new posts, locked threads, hot threads, etc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
popularity.............

popularity.............

That's true, but I can only polish so many turds. :)

As per the karate kid, - "wax on, wax off" :)

Do you know if traffic to TOL has increased via the internet (search engine hits/visits) etc. and can you monitor that? Just curious if the new lay-out may affect better 'traffic'. Amongst the other Christian theology discussions groups out there, I just wondered how TOL holds in the 'reputation' department. I havnt been to any of the other discussion forums I used to be active in in a long while. TOL is my nexus-center. Thoughts appreciated.

pj

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As per the karate kid, - "wax on, wax off" :)

Do you know if traffic to TOL has increased via the internet (search engine hits/visits) etc. and can you monitor that? Just curious if the new lay-out may affect better 'traffic'. Amongst the other Christian theology discussions groups out there, I just wondered how TOL holds in the 'reputation' department. I havnt been to any of the other discussion forums I used to be active in in a long while. TOL is my nexus-center. Thoughts appreciated.

pj
Thank you for the kind thoughts.

It might be too early to tell if the new design has had any effect on traffic. What I am really excited about is the upcoming TOL app. We get a lot of traffic via mobile so having a true app should help us dramatically.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
just for kicks......

just for kicks......

Thank you for the kind thoughts.

It might be too early to tell if the new design has had any effect on traffic. What I am really excited about is the upcoming TOL app. We get a lot of traffic via mobile so having a true app should help us dramatically.

:) - I only access TOL via desktop, laptop or kindle (fire), as I dont go online with a 'smart-phone' at the moment (just a full keyboard slider cell). Oh, btw, the social groups are up and running, but all old dialogue-content is still missing.

pj

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
That's why I was hesitant to make the change in color. There are many other thread indicators... threads with new posts, locked threads, hot threads, etc.
It seems that it's the ones wherein I have posted and have new posts.

picture.php

Quincy

With a math co-processor and everything?

Oh yea, it's sooooo fast at rendering geometry. I hear talk soon we can buy a ppu to go with our cpu and gpu. The dynamic environments we will experience :eek: .

Perhaps one day soon, someone will combine a ppu and a gpu in a single card! There is no limit to technology :chuckle: .