The all-new TOL 2013

Quincy

i suspect paul's running one of them newfangled 386 pc's

looks good knight!

I had one of them 386s. It was stellar, until I got 486 DX4 with 16 MB of RAM. You should see the framerates on Wolfenstein 3D :eek: . I can't wait until Letsargue gets one of those.

(His mind will be blown even more. I'm not trying to brag with my advanced technology here like those guys who post their specs and say "dudes, will my rig play Minecraft?" :eek: )

Seriously though, TOL looks fine on all my PCs. I'm not seeing the too bright problem. Perhaps a contrast adjustment would help guys, not with your monitor settings but your videocard utility :noid: .

I'm not a geek, I swear!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Seriously though, TOL looks fine on all my PCs. I'm not seeing the too bright problem. Perhaps a contrast adjustment would help guys, not with your monitor settings but your videocard utility :noid: .
:up:

Yes... you are right the blue is about a standard of a blue that is theoretically possible. In fact that was the point.... pick a blue that is as basic and pure as possible and build everything from there.

Thunder's Muse

That doesn't happen to me. Can you tell me if that the only menu item that logs you out?

Yeah, so far it seems to be. Also noticed I have to log in twice....

Not to worry though...give it time and all will be well :)

edit: No problem with it this time 'round :)

Quincy

What surprised me at first is that the blue I chose for the Metro UI for my Win 8 rig really matches this. Creates a nice fluid feel for when I go to the start screen from here to check the weather or something.

I know, I know Windows 8. :deadhorse:

Brother Vinny

What surprised me at first is that the blue I chose for the Metro UI for my Win 8 rig really matches this. Creates a nice fluid feel for when I go to the start screen from here to check the weather or something.

I'd rather hear you go on about the new Windows than endure the Cult of Jobs talking about their latest gadget.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe your browser is set to reject cookies? That's what it sounds like to me.
Reject cookies! :shocked:

The humanity. :chew:

I love W8. I don't need the stupid start button and it took me a day to acclimate...people...bunch of stick in the mud idjit W8 haters.

Brother Vinny

I love W8. I don't need the stupid start button and it took me a day to acclimate...people...bunch of stick in the mud idjit W8 haters.

There's no need for the hate. One can switch over to classic view if one prefers at the touch of a button. But I like the new look.

Me, I'm still on Win7, but I may soon be upgrading.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
There's no need for the hate. One can switch over to classic view if one prefers at the touch of a button. But I like the new look.

Me, I'm still on Win7, but I may soon be upgrading.
Sort of. You can have most of the old look and you can pin things to the bar...I like 8. I think it's the best thing since XP.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
I hate windows 8 with passion.

I NEED the start button, constantly searching files and program - I can't wait for some slow right side search to come up, I need speed!

I do have a touch monitor but the app menu is just too hard to navigatet, it's like a maze of every app you never needed.

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
For all those complaining, I tested 3 different extensions that easily change the colour of TOL.

Spoiler
9dqd.png

High Contrast

Desaturate

Change Colours

The change colours extension is tad more complicated, you have to click on the icon next to the bookmark icon, then click "apply override on this domain"

For this page would mean just one thread
Domain means all of TOL
All pages = ... All pages everywhere.

Then go into options by right clicking the icon, keep the default options but change the colours, I used:

Background color: FFFFFF
Text color: 474747
Links color: 2E79DB
Visited links color: 9B51DB

Enjoy and please don't complain =/

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I hate windows 8 with passion.

I NEED the start button, constantly searching files and program - I can't wait for some slow right side search to come up, I need speed!
File explorer. You should have it pinned at the bottom of your screen. Problem solved.

I do have a touch monitor but the app menu is just too hard to navigatet, it's like a maze of every app you never needed.
Prioritize and arrange them. Even make the ones you want to see quickly larger. Easy peasy. :D

xAvarice

BANNED
Banned
File explorer. You should have it pinned at the bottom of your screen. Problem solved.

Prioritize and arrange them. Even make the ones you want to see quickly larger. Easy peasy. :D

Maybe I hate it so much because it was in German and made me look like an idiot infront of my loved ones.