The all-new TOL 2013

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
((((( HOW DO WE GET THIS NEW THING TO FIT THE PAGE )))))????? – ( For the second time )!!!!!

You guests out there who have an Old Computer, - and are a little “Computer not Smart”, and can’t afford a New Computer just to go on TOL; - This is what you’ll run into with these - “Smart Rich Geniuses” on the (( Other Side Of The “Needle’s Eye” ))!!!!

Paul – 100113
Sorry.... we can't design things that are entirely backwards compatible.

Any system prior to vintage 1990 I can't predict how things will work.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I added a direct link to the title of the Woodshed module.
Cool. Thank you.

Also, it's a little difficult, right now, to differentiate between threads in which I've posted and ones I have not by the indicator icon on the side. The color coding was helpful, but this might be an issue of the size of the icon at this point, because it's difficult to see the image inside the "button" as well.

Letsargue

What is your screen resolution?
Anything less than 1024 (x768) width will not fit without a scroll bar.
(For Windows right click on the desktop and click "Screen Resolution".)

((( ALWIGHT!!! )))!!!!

Thanks alwight!! - I didn't have that on mine, but I kept clicking "there" and found the same thing!! -- Thank You!!

I changed it on my computer, but not no the wife's yet!!

Paul -- 100113

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Cool. Thank you.

Also, it's a little difficult, right now, to differentiate between threads in which I've posted and ones I have not by the indicator icon on the side. The color coding was helpful, but this might be an issue of the size of the icon at this point, because it's difficult to see the image inside the "button" as well.
Are you talking about this? (see attachment)

The ones with the white center are threads I've posted in. Seems obvious to me unless I'm missing something.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Are you talking about this? (see attachment)

The ones with the white center are threads I've posted in. Seems obvious to me unless I'm missing something.
I'm not saying it isn't obvious, I think I'm just so used to the color coding that it's throwing me off. But my resolution also kind of makes them small, so it's hard to differentiate between certain icons when they're all the same color scheme.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not saying it isn't obvious, I think I'm just so used to the color coding that it's throwing me off. But my resolution also kind of makes them small, so it's hard to differentiate between certain icons when they're all the same color scheme.
I made the ones that you have participated in green. See if that helps.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do we get it to fit the screen?? - This doesn't work near as smooth as the "Light Weight"!! - This is nearly unusuasable, but it is a GOOD Way to get rid of Your Poor Trash Here!!!!!!!!

Paul -- 100113

I had the same issue. I just hit control minus until it fit. With my aging eyes, I need to get a 32" flat screen to use for a monitor!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for the feedback.

Your color scheme tool is old. :)

Vibrant and simple color schemes are what's hip. And not to toot my own horn or anything but I've been doing graphic design for 35 years so I like to try and stay current.
I think TOL is very hip looking with the new color scheme. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I know.... change is hard. :)
No. Comedy is hard. Change is inevitable. :eek:

I'm acclimating (thought to be fair being mostly color blind it's never going to be that much of an adjustment).

I like that it isn't bright white once posted. It is harder on my eyes for some reason when I'm in the posting/writing/editing...whatever the heck you call the screen I'm typing into. But there's likely an app that I can find in Chrome that will address it.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is what you’ll run into with these - “Smart Rich Geniuses” ...

You mean that isn't you who takes pictures of himself in front of a gold bound encyclopedia set that cost a few thou? Afterall, you are the genius and we are the fools, remember?