The all-new TOL 2013

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, the "Other Topics" link on the home page takes one to the Forums page rather than the ". . . And the Rest" subforum.
I think we originally did that because there are other topics besides "the rest" that would fit into the "Other Topics" category.

However, I think it's confusing so I changed it to link to "The Rest". :up:

Brother Vinny

I think we originally did that because there are other topics besides "the rest" that would fit into the "Other Topics" category.

However, I think it's confusing so I changed it to link to "The Rest". :up:

Thanks, for that.

So, you got a P.O. Box or something I can remit to?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can we put a picture in our profile on the right to replace the big question marks boxes that signify the clubs we are in?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can we put a picture in our profile on the right to replace the big question marks boxes that signify the clubs we are in?
You are referring to the Social Group pics.

The owners of those groups can add a graphic to their group if they like.

I will change the default graphic in the meantime.

Krsto

Okay folks here we go. TOL has been completely upgraded as well as given an all-new look for the first time in several years.

The all-new look is built for speed, speed, speed! No unnecessary bells and whistles. Not only is the new look clean and fast but it will be unified with the brand spanking new TOL app for iPhone and Android that will be released soon.

Keep in mind EVERYTHING is new and it may take me a few days to smooth out all the kinks so please be patient.

Overall it's an improvement - less cluttered is usually better. One thing though the font size on some things is still too puny - the edit and quote buttons for example.

I think another color for some things would be better too. Too much of one color. Here's a good tool for finding complementing colors: http://colorschemedesigner.com/

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think another color for some things would be better too. Too much of one color. Here's a good tool for finding complementing colors: http://colorschemedesigner.com/
Thanks for the feedback.

Your color scheme tool is old. :)

Vibrant and simple color schemes are what's hip. And not to toot my own horn or anything but I've been doing graphic design for 35 years so I like to try and stay current.

alwight

The new TOL is easier to read now, I like it.

It might have been just me but there was no information underneath anyone's avatars only a number, which turned out to be the number of blogs. After saving my Edit Your Details page without changing anything it all came back. :think:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like that the rep button says "rep" and is not easily confused with the report button. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The new TOL is easier to read now, I like it.

It might have been just me but there was no information underneath anyone's avatars only a number, which turned out to be the number of blogs. After saving my Edit Your Details page without changing anything it all came back. :think:
I am still tweaking things as we speak. There may be the occasional oddity until I get everything the way I want it.

Letsargue

Who let the monkey out of his cage?

((((( HOW DO WE GET THIS NEW THING TO FIT THE PAGE )))))????? – ( For the second time )!!!!!

You guests out there who have an Old Computer, - and are a little “Computer not Smart”, and can’t afford a New Computer just to go on TOL; - This is what you’ll run into with these - “Smart Rich Geniuses” on the (( Other Side Of The “Needle’s Eye” ))!!!!

Paul – 100113

alwight

((((( HOW DO WE GET THIS NEW THING TO FIT THE PAGE )))))????? – ( For the second time )!!!!!

You guests out there who have an Old Computer, - and are a little “Computer not Smart”, and can’t afford a New Computer just to go on TOL; - This is what you’ll run into with these - “Smart Rich Geniuses” on the (( Other Side Of The “Needle’s Eye” ))!!!!

Paul – 100113
What is your screen resolution?
Anything less than 1024 (x768) width will not fit without a scroll bar.
(For Windows right click on the desktop and click "Screen Resolution".)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Okay folks here we go. TOL has been completely upgraded as well as given an all-new look for the first time in several years.

The all-new look is built for speed, speed, speed! No unnecessary bells and whistles. Not only is the new look clean and fast but it will be unified with the brand spanking new TOL app for iPhone and Android that will be released soon.

Keep in mind EVERYTHING is new and it may take me a few days to smooth out all the kinks so please be patient.
We need a direct link to the woodshed on the home page. I have to actually go to a reported post and then click out to go to the main woodshed page.

I was wondering if there could be vote or poll for a brand new slogan now :)
I wondered that too.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What is your screen resolution?
Anything less than 1024 (x760) width will not fit without a scroll bar.
(For Windows right click on the desktop and click "Screen Resolution".)

old people don't want to use reading glasses on the computer