2 new forums, but there is a catch.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hey TOL members we are excited to introduce two new forums to TOL: The Open Theology forum and the MidActs Dispensationalism forum located here...

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76

However, there is a catch to these new forums. These forums are unlike all the other forums on TOL. Before you can post in these new forums you must apply to be in the Theology Club group here...

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

SO WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THE THEOLOGY CLUB???
For years many TOL members have asked for a special set of forums where certain types of theology could be discussed without troublemakers and other distractions. To post in the Theology Club forums you must apply for membership (yes even TOL subscribers must apply). Almost all memberships will be approved however your membership will be revoked if you engage in anti-Christian rhetoric, repeated cases of red-herrings, quibbling over terms (equivocation), strawmen, false allegations, and other devices contrary to honest debate. In short the Theology Club is a place for honest and friendly discussion regarding theological topics.

The idea with this new forum is a place to discuss theology without the typical distractions of anti-Christian rhetoric, repeated cases of red-herrings, quibbling over terms (equivocation), strawmen, false allegations, and other devices contrary to honest debate.

If folks engage in those activities they will be tossed from the group. Currently MidActs Dispensationalism AND Open Theism are the only topics in the Club.

You do not need to be an Open Theist or a Mid Acts Dispensationalist to post in these new forums but you do have to respect the tone of the discussion in these forums. These are for honest questions and answers about these topics. And while you are free to question these doctrines we will remove you from the Theology Club if your only intention is to be disruptive.

Therefore... please feel free and SIGN UP for the Theology Club!

If you have questions about the new forums or the Theology Club please ask your questions in this thread.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Good idea. :up: My request is submitted. :D
You are all set!

However, that brings up a good point. Applications to the Theology Club are approved manually. Myself and Inzl Kett do the approving so if we are not around your application may not get approved right away.

Last edited:

sky.

BANNED
Banned
If I can't post in the "theology club" why do I have to read it? I click on a title and then I can't post in it. Could it at least be marked somehow?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If I can't post in the "theology club" why do I have to read it? I click on a title and then I can't post in it. Could it at least be marked somehow?
I added a thread title prefix in purple text that says... "Theology Club". That way people will know when looking at the active threads page if the thread is open to all or just for the theology club.

sky, you can post in the Theology Club if you are willing to follow the rules.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I added a thread title prefix in purple text that says... "Theology Club". That way people will know when looking at the active threads page if the thread is open to all or just for the theology club.

And you can post in the Theology Club if you are willing to follow the rules.

Thanks, I think the purple is helpful.

I was a member of a forum that had a sub-forum. After a while it turned into a private board that degraded the regular forum. Eventually it became a sub-group with a "look at those idiots" attitude.

I'm not saying that it will happen here. I was part of the sub-forum on the other site but I quit because they lost sight of the reason for it. Threads were started just to disparage other members of the regular forum or comments were made about members of the regular forum that they were not allowed to comment on.

When I signed up for this forum and support it with donations I was not expecting a division. TOL is now TOL and TOL-off line.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
When I signed up for this forum and support it with donations I was not expecting a division. TOL is now TOL and TOL-off line.
We have had sub groups on TOL almost as long as we have had TOL. In fact you are already a member of one sub group since you are a subscriber and have access to the subscribers forum.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
We have had sub groups on TOL almost as long as we have had TOL. In fact you are already a member of one sub group since you are a subscriber and have access to the subscribers forum.

I see, I didn't know that I was a member of that forum/club.

Is there a difference though between the "subscribers forum" and the "theology club"?

Is it correct that everyone can read the "theology club" but not everyone can read the "subscribers forum"?

What I see happening with the "theology club" is that everyone can see and read it but they have to be "accepted" to post in it.

Why not just make the "theology club" private?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I see, I didn't know that I was a member of that forum/club.

Is there a difference though between the "subscribers forum" and the "theology club"?
Many many differences. First the theology club is topic driven, while the subscribers forum is a free for all.

The subscribers forum is private to subscribers while theology club can be read by anyone.

What I see happening with the "theology club" is that everyone can see and read it but they have to be "accepted" to post in it.

Why not just make the "theology club" private?
We don't want the theology club to be private. We feel like the topics that get discussed will be interesting to read even if you are not a theology club member or even if you are not a TOL member.

The reason there is a club at all is merely so we can remove any trouble-makers.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
A kind of exclusive exclusive theology forum. If you broaden the topics it will be the exclusive theology forum but hopefully more strictly policed.

I am in favour.