New public school epidemic: Teen Sex parties

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Sozo
I have no problem with Christians that genuinely seek God in such an important area as this and they believe that it is what God wills for their lives. But, to just completely make choices without consideration of His heart in the matter is self-sovereignty, and no different than WOF followers who try to get God to adhere to their will.

WOF?

You seem to indicate that "self-sovereignty" is a bad thing; I am not in the habit of considering the "heart" of beings whose existence I doubt.

If there is a god or gods, I doubt that he or they are particularly put out by my paying no attention to them.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Sozo
Which is why my original question. An unbeliever has no interest in matters beyond themselves.

I fail to see where this meshes with a decision to not produce offspring.

For that matter, there are non-believers of my acquaintance (including me) who are interested in things other than themselves.

Unless you mean "beyond themselves" in the having-a-chat-with-the-local-diety sense...?

firechyld

*blink*

If he's non-Christian, Sozo, (more specifically... not YOUR kind of Christian, which seems to be where you're heading) shouldn't you be happy that he isn't raising some poor innocent children to be nasty scummy unbelievers?

Or do you honestly think you have any right at all to imply that someone else does not have the right to make their own decision about whether or not they wish to have children?

firechyld

Iceman

Well, even if non-Christians never did procreate, the world would not be safe. We Christians do a bad enough job at parenting that many of our own children abandon the faith. :'(

It's a sad fallen world, and I fear it's growing sadder.

P

Pilgrimagain

Here's a thought, when God said "Go forth and multiply" to Adam and Eve he was placing a cure on them. I mean he was kicking them out of the garden and punishing them for being disobedient right?

So maybe through Christ who is the sacrifice for all sinsewe have been released from that particular curse?