Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Why not?

Does God have a past or does God experience our past just as He experiences our present?

If God is the creator do you think that He forgot what He created and abandoned it?

If God is the creator does He not lead?

How can God only be in the present and yet lead?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
If God is the creator do you think that He forgot what He created and abandoned it?

If God is the creator does He not lead?

How can God only be in the present and yet lead?

Did God exist before He created time? If so, for how long?

Is God in the past just as He is in the present?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Did God exist before He created time? If so, for how long?

Is God in the past just as He is in the present?

The Word of God declares that God came first. Before anything!

God is the same. Now and forever.

Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If you knew The Real God, instead of mere facts, you'd know that He is Omniscient, eternal and timeless. Your god is a figment of your intellect.

Good grief, Charlie Brown. I fully affirm that God is omniscient and eternal, but would be wrong to say that He is timeless (since Scripture and logic preclude this Platonic idea): J.R. Lucas 'A treatise on time and space'
Time is more fundamental than space...Some theologians say that God is outside time, but it cannot be true of any personal God that he is timeless, for a personal God is conscious, and time is a concomitant of consciousness. Time is not only the concomitant of consciousness, but the process of actualization and the dimension of change...." (p.3).

rulz: a personal being, including God, must think, act, feel with succession, duration, sequence (i.e. time). The burden of proof is on you considering every page of Scripture and the life of God-Man Jesus proves this. As well, God is triune, so His reality would be the same before creation.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
How long does it take for God to see the news on CNN? Is Heaven close enough to earth that it is the same day when He watches it to see what happened on our planet?

:hammer:

You are talking about present and past knowledge which is immediate and exhaustive for God. The future is fundamentally different (not yet). The potential future becomes the fixed past through the present.

I do not deny God's perfect knowledge of all that is knowable. He knows reality as it is and the future is different than the past/present and known as such (anticipatory, possible, probable, certain only in the things he settles vs contingencies he leaves unsettled in advance).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If God were subject to time, it would be His god. :nono:

This is illogical. You have also stooped to the Calvinistic argument that if we reject their wrong view of hyper-sovereignty that this is tantamount to having a false, non-existent God (despite affirming the same triune truths about Him?!).

You are out of your league on this one and should go back to Sesame Street vs Theology discussions.

How dare you say I have a non-existent, false god over debatable issues that are not denials of omniscience, etc. Endless time is as eternal as timelessness (whatever that means).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
He is not subject to the things He creates.He knows all time, even the beginning and end of it.

Just because God experiences duration (the incarnation came after the Flood), it does not mean He is subject to time (it is an aspect of His experience. God also loves and thinks...this does not mean God is subject to these things and not God because it is part of His experience).

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Good grief, Charlie Brown. I fully affirm that God is omniscient and eternal, but would be wrong to say that He is timeless (since Scripture and logic preclude this Platonic idea): J.R. Lucas 'A treatise on time and space'
Time is more fundamental than space...Some theologians say that God is outside time, but it cannot be true of any personal God that he is timeless, for a personal God is conscious, and time is a concomitant of consciousness. Time is not only the concomitant of consciousness, but the process of actualization and the dimension of change...." (p.3).

rulz: a personal being, including God, must think, act, feel with succession, duration, sequence (i.e. time). The burden of proof is on you considering every page of Scripture and the life of God-Man Jesus proves this. As well, God is triune, so His reality would be the same before creation.

Here we go again! You are a piece of your own work.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Word of God declares that God came first. Before anything!

God is the same. Now and forever.

Hebrews 13:8

8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

You have just denied the incarnation and proof texted out of context. This is about constancy of character, not timelessness, not absolute immutability in every sense. A God that cannot change in some ways (cf. clock that would be right only 2x/day if it did not change) is not personal, but a rock.

You are buying into refuted Platonic ideas on perfection. Grow up.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
You have just denied the incarnation and proof texted out of context. This is about constancy of character, not timelessness, not absolute immutability in every sense. A God that cannot change in some ways (cf. clock that would be right only 2x/day if it did not change) is not personal, but a rock.

You are buying into refuted Platonic ideas on perfection. Grow up.

At least God has used you to use the prefix "con" in the majority of all of your understanding of your posts.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
He is not subject to the things He creates.He knows all time, even the beginning and end of it.

Isaiah 46:10
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,

Isaiah 46:11

11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Isaiah 46:10
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,

Isaiah 46:11

11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

These verses are clear that it is His ability to bring to pass that is the issue, not prescience/FK.

I can tell you that in one hour I will drink milk. This is not foreknowledge, but intention that I bring to pass. I am not seeing me drink milk in an hour to declare this. I declare it, then bring it to pass. This is what God is saying, but you are wrongly importing your flawed ideas into the text and extrapolating it to all vs some cases.

Unless you deny free will, you should be agreeing with me.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I cannot reason with the unreasonable and you are not proving your point...you reject light, so I might as well rib you.

Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet
And a light to my path.

-----------------

You aren't the light. That's what I'm saying.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
These verses are clear that it is His ability to bring to pass that is the issue, not prescience/FK.

I can tell you that in one hour I will drink milk. This is not foreknowledge, but intention that I bring to pass. I am not seeing me drink milk in an hour to declare this. I declare it, then bring it to pass. This is what God is saying, but you are wrongly importing your flawed ideas into the text and extrapolating it to all vs some cases.

Unless you deny free will, you should be agreeing with me.

You may be getting one over on yourself but that's about it.

Hebrews 4:12

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.