Amendment 62 / Personhood, gets more GOP support than in 2008

John Ladder

Nice!

Think about it: Though this political proposition is somewhat problematic--both spiritually and philosophically--it is part of an increasingly effective grand pro-life strategy.

Also think about this: Ambiguity is an intentional part of the strategy, hence the imprecision in the wording. ;)

Merry meat

Nice!

Think about it: Though this political proposition is somewhat problematic--both spiritually and philosophically--it is part of an increasingly effective grand pro-life strategy.

Also think about this: Ambiguity is an intentional part of the strategy, hence the imprecision in the wording. ;)

How is it an effective grand pro-life strategy if it keeps loosing? The GOP loves abortion because they can raise money from it. The liberals love it because they can say "pro-choice" and act all compassionate. The Supreme Court that upheld Roe v. Wade were nominated by republicans. The most effective way to stop abortion in the United States is to convince people to not do it. Using prop 62 as a way to "raise awareness" only mobilized the pro-aborts to raise money and marginalize the pro-life activists in Colorado.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Three to one would be 75% against and 25% for. In 2008 we received almost 27% yes. So this time we had an even lower percentage and a bigger defeat by comparison.

With 87% of the vote in the ratio was 70 to 30 %. I didn't have the heart to look at the final tally. Apparently it was even worse than I thought.
Where are you getting those numbers?

It's been at 29-30% for most of the morning.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's why we support pro-life candidates.

chrysostom who would you vote for....

A pro-choice Republican?

or...

A pro-life Democrat?

most likely the republican unless there were other significant considerations

in the senate, the republican for sure
for president, the republican for sure
in the house, I might vote for the democrat

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's a very good question. I wish I had an answer to it.
Well... while you think of a alternative we will continue using every tool at our disposal to save babies.

Let me know when you have a plan.

I can only surmise that the political avenue isn't working and should be abandoned.
By not working do you mean that it didn't pass?

Do you realize that because of what we started there is now a personhood movement in almost every state in the USA? We are a BRAND NEW movement (only a few years old!). Personhood is the new standard as to how we frame the abortion debate and it's getting much stronger every day. Thankfully, the Personhood movement isn't filled with quitters as I have no doubt we will build more and more steam each and every day.

I'm thankful that those who fought and lost, and fought again and lost, and lost, and lost again.... didn't give up their effort to make it so that black people were recognized as people. If they had given up the fight (as you suggest) black people might still be slaves.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From Merry meat. He says it lost by three to one 75% to 25%.
He's wrong.

Almost all the precincts have reported now and the vote is 29% to 71%. A crushing defeat? Yup. But it's still a better percentage than last election and that was our very first shot at things.

Also keep in mind, we are running on almost ZERO budget. This is as grass-roots of a campaign as you will ever see. As Personhood gains steam across the country our efforts will only improve because we will be able to more effectively raise money and campaign more competitively.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I can only surmise that the political avenue isn't working and should be abandoned.
I take it this is the same thing you would have said to the suffragettes when their plan wasn't working. Or to blacks when the civil rights movement wasn't making a difference.