The 2009 TOL Posts of the Year Awards

assuranceagent

:noway: !!

Wow! I'm shocked.

Seriously...I'm way more excited about this than I should be. My wife has just left the room...

:roses:

The Graphite

And the best post on TheologyOnline in 2009 goes to....

:first:

#1. assuranceagent spanks Green Goblin like a 4 year-old in K-Mart

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60642
AA absolutely spanked GG with a belt with metal studs on it, there is absolutely no denying it, and massive kudos!

But I have to say, with all due respect to AA and to Knight, that I wholeheartedly believe the #2 and #1 winners should be swapped. There is nothing on this earth more pleasing to God than to see a lost child return to His loving arms. And on that day, the elect angels sang with voices that could be heard across galaxies, if only we had ears to hear them.

Truthsmack is the second-greatest thing about TOL. What TM found and shared with us members of the Body of Christ is something that will be shared unceasingly unto the ages of ages, and that is the greatest thing about TOL. Mercy triumphs over judgment. Judgment is awesome, but the mercy of God is awesomer. :thumb:

While I'm on the subject, I would like to apologize to TM for my attitude since that beautiful day in early November. I was not watching TOL closely at the time, and while I noticed that "event" at the time, I viewed it with skepticism (for what reason I cannot recall), and I never bothered to even ask or check it out any further, which it certainly warranted. TM, please forgive me for the cold shoulder I have put forth since then. It was unwarranted and undeserved.

If we share one Lord, one faith, one baptism (a Holy Spirit baptism) and one God and Father of us all, then we are family. I've no doubt we don't see eye to eye on many things even still, but that doesn't change the fact that we are both adopted into the same eternal, heavenly family that was chosen in Him before the foundation of the world. We are the family that is named after Him -- the Body of Christ. And I should act like it more often.

God bless!

assuranceagent

I'm only about 2/3 through all the posts, but there's some really great stuff here that I missed over the past year!

And a hearty congratulations to :chicken:

A well deserved honor for a guy who is consistent in both quality and character! :thumb:

assuranceagent

AA absolutely spanked GG with a belt with metal studs on it, there is absolutely no denying it, and massive kudos!

But I have to say, with all due respect to AA and to Knight, that I wholeheartedly believe the #2 and #1 winners should be swapped. There is nothing on this earth more pleasing to God than to see a lost child return to His loving arms. And on that day, the elect angels sang with voices that could be heard across galaxies, if only we had ears to hear them.

Truthsmack is the second-greatest thing about TOL. What TM found and shared with us members of the Body of Christ is something that will be shared unceasingly unto the ages of ages, and that is the greatest thing about TOL. Mercy triumphs over judgment. Judgment is awesome, but the mercy of God is awesomer. :thumb:

While I'm on the subject, I would like to apologize to TM for my attitude since that beautiful day in early November. I was not watching TOL closely at the time, and while I noticed that "event" at the time, I viewed it with skepticism (for what reason I cannot recall), and I never bothered to even ask or check it out any further, which it certainly warranted. TM, please forgive me for the cold shoulder I have put forth since then. It was unwarranted and undeserved.

If we share one Lord, one faith, one baptism (a Holy Spirit baptism) and one God and Father of us all, then we are family. I've no doubt we don't see eye to eye on many things even still, but that doesn't change the fact that we are both adopted into the same eternal, heavenly family that was chosen in Him before the foundation of the world. We are the family that is named after Him -- the Body of Christ. And I should act like it more often.

God bless!

I've been around TOL for almost two years now, and TM's conversion is the highlight of my time here thus far. :cheers:

assuranceagent

God bless!

"I'm gonna let you finish, AA, but I just wanna say somethin' here. I like your post. I really do. I like all that Obama smackin' you put in there. But let's be honest here.

TM's post is the greatest of ALL TIME! THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

:chuckle:

Sorry...couldn't help it.

In all seriousness, while I'm overwhelmed by the honor of being chosen, I'd gladly step aside if Knight decided to switch the final two. ;)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"I'm gonna let you finish, AA, but I just wanna say somethin' here. I like your post. I really do. I like all that Obama smackin' you put in there. But let's be honest here.

In all seriousness, while I'm overwhelmed by the honor of being chosen, I'd gladly step aside if Knight decided to switch the final two. ;)
:rotfl:

Except you should have started with "imma let you finish.."

Thunder's Muse

I can't believe that I actually made the list!!!! That's made my day, right there!

Congrats AA! I consistantly love your posts, whether they make me laugh or challenge me...the #1 spot looks good on you :D

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:e4e: Thank you for the honor....to be recognized by ones peers is the greatest recognition.

Congratulations on the Top Post A.A......it's well deserved. :first:

Congratulations to the Top Poster Chickenman. :BRAVO:

...and congratulations to all others who have placed. :D

Thunder's Muse

God bless!

Wow..thanks TG! :)

No hard feelings...water under the bridge :)

bybee

Awards

Awards

Well done everyone! Congratulations! We have a wonderfully gifted and talented group here on TOL. bybee

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
The 2009 TruthSmacker award goes to.....

chatmaggot

chatmaggot is a untiring truthsmacker that has earned a place in TOL history as the recipient of the first ever TruthSmack award!

What....Who....I can't believ....

The FIRST EVER TruthSmack award!?!

Thank you thank you thank you. I look forward to your Posts of the Year awards each year. Inevitably I always read something that I had missed or forgotten about and it is a good read the best all in one place.

Congrats to everyone and to Chickenman for Poster of The Year!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:e4e: Thank you for the honor....to be recognized by ones peers is the greatest recognition.
It's also grand to be recognized by those who can read and write. :thumb:

So you win either way. :plain:

Congrats to each and to every. :cheers:

Sorry it took me a while to get to your rep, AA, but you have to hand out a lot of it to cycle back. You know how it is...don't you? :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm just glad I wasn't on the receiving end of any of the top posts. :noid:

assuranceagent

Sorry it took me a while to get to your rep, AA, but you have to hand out a lot of it to cycle back. You know how it is...don't you? :eek:

I do, actually. Seeing as how I've tried to rep a number of posts in this thread and find that I pretty much agree.

Or rather than I have agreed, on quality, sometime in the recent past day or so. :eek:

So the pendulum is swinging back 'round and I'll get you all. :e4e: