Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Why are certain things or ideas reasonable to you and others aren't? What's your metric or standard for assuming something is true?
    Last edited by RealityJerk; December 6, 2017, 01:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Originally posted by john w View Post
    There you go, TOL audience....

If all truth is relative, then your statement above is relative, and not objectively true.

Rook takes knight.

The only objective truth is your own experience and consciousness, everything outside of you is subject to faith and belief. That's not to imply that there is no truth outside of you, or that you're the only one that actually exists. That's your false imposition and supposition, I never made such a claim. That's a straw man. You can only objectively know what is within your experience, and that is why God, YHWH, Sponge Bob, whoever you believe is God, deals with people directly, through His Holy Spirit.

You need faith, trust, to live. Without being confident or believing that what you feel or sense is true, you wouldn't be able to function in the physical world. There is plenty of truth, in the area of principle and what is sensible, but nonetheless, nothing is true for you unless you exist. Existence is the prerequisite for knowing and appreciating truth, and that knowing can come directly from God. That's most likely how it will come to you, not by automatically assuming a certain book is His "infallible, inerrant WORD", that's "idiotic", as you like to say.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    That;s quite a subjective assessment on your part, Curly.

You asked us to weigh in, Curly. I'm just that type of guy, putting others' needs above my own, and understanding that most crave my brilliant insight(and humility).

How did I do?
    Are you a theist John? An atheist? Atheist agnostic, what?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
    Why are you wasting your time on a silly childish thread?
    That's quite a subjective assessment on your part, Curly.

You asked us to weigh in, Curly. I'm just that type of guy, putting others' needs above my own, and understanding that most crave my brilliant insight(and humility).

How did I do?
    Last edited by john w; December 6, 2017, 02:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Translation: Let's all go home....class dismissed....

Thanks for contributing nothing.

Your post is quite subjective.

So there.

Anyone to you: YHWH tells me, as encountered him/she/it, that he is really Sponge Bob.

You: Right on!!!!!

You're an idiot. I've christened you "Curly," stooge.
    Are you a theist?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective,
    There you go, TOL audience....

If all truth is relative, then your statement above is relative, and not objectively true.

Rook takes knight.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective, the only reality that isn't is you. Everything else outside of you is an assumption and on faith. You're only capable of being certain, about yourself. That's it. That's where YHWH will meet you. At your point of absolute certainty. You'll have an encounter with YHWH's spirit, with His sensible, discernible presence, once you willingly place yourself in a position to receive from Him.
    Translation: Let's all go home....class dismissed....

Thanks for contributing nothing.

Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective,

Your post is quite subjective.

So there.

That's where YHWH will meet you.... You'll have an encounter with YHWH's spirit
    Anyone to you: YHWH tells me, as encountered him/she/it, that he is really Sponge Bob.

You: Right on!!!!!

You're an idiot. I've christened you "Curly," stooge.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Duplicate Error.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    When you have an argument on a theological or social issue, let me know, perhaps we can have a debate.
    Ad ignorantiam....Straw Man....

How'd I do?

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    "it is truth nonetheless"

That settles it. A debate ender/stumper....We are all scratchin' our hillbilly heads on that one...

"If the words resonate with you, it is the Spirit of YHWH that has confirmed it. Walk the way and you will..."

Translation: Subjectivity...All together now, TOL members...A one-uh...a two-uh....

Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective, the only reality that isn't is you. Everything else outside of you is an assumption and on faith. You're only capable of being certain, about yourself. That's it. That's where YHWH will meet you. At your point of absolute certainty. You'll have an encounter with YHWH's spirit, with His sensible, discernible presence, once you willingly place yourself in a position to receive from Him.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    I addressed the "silly" topic of this thread, and stayed on topic-"Why the infraction?"

And thanks for another nice sound byte/cliche.You're beginning to bore me.

Here is a summary of the "silly"ness of this "thread," and you-perhaps also change your avatar, to:

We are all busy men, women....Stop your whining and pining.

Can you dig it? Good.
    Why are you wasting your time on a silly childish thread?

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Ah....The "old ad hominem attacks" trick....Next up?....non sequitur....ad nauseam...red herring...ad ignorantiam....

And The Beat Goes On....Ladi Dadi Dee .....

Thanks for checkin' in, Sonny.
    When you have an actual argument on a theological or social issue, let me know, perhaps we can have a dicussion.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    No, it's not the bible, but it is truth nonetheless. If the words resonate with you, it is the Spirit of YHWH that has confirmed it. Walk the way and you will see........................................]
    "it is truth nonetheless"

That settles it. A debate ender/stumper....We are all scratchin' our hillbilly heads on that one...

"If the words resonate with you, it is the Spirit of YHWH that has confirmed it. Walk the way and you will..."

Translation: Subjectivity...All together now, TOL members...A one-uh...a two-uh....

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Why don't you offer an argument, rather than silly insults and slurs? Try it, let's see if any of your cherished assertions will stand scrutiny.
    I addressed the "silly" topic of this thread, and stayed on topic-"Why the infraction?"

And thanks for another nice sound byte/cliche.You're beginning to bore me.

Here is a summary of the "silly"ness of this "thread," and you-perhaps also change your avatar, to:

We are all busy men, women....Stop your whining and pining.

Can you dig it? Good.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    How so?
    Your avatar-a depiction, image, of allegedly of the Lord Jesus Christ-God in the flesh. Survey Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Acts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X