X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meshak
    replied
    Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
    You admitted you had been a member of the Bible Student's Society. Are you claiming there was no indoctrination going on there? There was no association with Watch Tower?
    This is so stupid post.

I was a member of many Trinitarian churches and did not get influenced by their doctrines. In fact, I leaned to stay away from them.

I did not join JW but I fellowshipped and studied with them. But they could not get me to join them, either.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
    Your demand to make truth objective, is an arbitrary one. Truth is truth, regardless of how it is perceived. All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
    The truth cannot be known.

Is that a true statement?

Speak plainly-yes, or no, Curly?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
    Is the above true?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Theist is a word identifying a set of conditions, a criteria of conditions. The fact those conditions are subjectively understood, is irrelevant to the question. Are you a theist, atheist agnostic, pantheist, pan-psychist, which one of those designations or words, best complies with your personal beliefs in respect to God? Do you believe God exists, or perhaps you don't? What's your personal position, perspective, on the question of God's existence. Who is God to you, if anything?
    So, is your definition of a theist, objectively true?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Your demand to make truth objective, is an arbitrary one. Truth is truth, regardless of how it is perceived. All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
    So, is the above an objectively true statement?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Ok, can you elaborate on how your experience has brought you to that conclusion? Why am I an idiot, according to you.
    You can only objectively know what is within your experience, and that is why God, YHWH, Sponge Bob, whoever you believe is God, deals with people directly, through His Holy Spirit.
    Because my experience, through Sponge Bob, through his Spirit, tells me that you are an idiot.

QED.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    Originally posted by john w View Post
    How can it be true, that there is no objective truth-it is all subjective?

Curly just cannot see his self defeating "argument," one that commits suicide. And he is venturing into the ring?

When you're in a ditch, quit digging.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    My experience tells me that you are an idiot.

QED.
    Ok, can you elaborate on how your experience has brought you to that conclusion? Why am I an idiot, according to you.

Leave a comment:

• RealityJerk
    replied
    The definition of "theist" is quite subjective, don't you think?

I'm part Italian/Slovenian/Irish/German.
    Theist is a word identifying a set of conditions, a criteria of conditions. The fact those conditions are subjectively understood, is irrelevant to the question. Are you a theist, atheist agnostic, pantheist, pan-psychist, which one of those designations or words, best complies with your personal beliefs in respect to God? Do you believe God exists, or perhaps you don't? What's your personal position, perspective, on the question of God's existence. Who is God to you, if anything?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    You can only objectively know what is within your experience,...
    My experience tells me that you are an idiot.

QED.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    The only objective truth is your own experience and consciousness, everything outside of you is subject to faith and belief. ....
    How can it be true, that there is no objective truth-it is all subjective?

Curly just cannot see his self defeating "argument," one that commits suicide. And he is venturing into the ring?

When you're in a ditch, quit digging.

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Are you a theist John? An atheist? Atheist agnostic, what?
    Do you have a need to know?

So, there is no objective truth?

Is that objectively true?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    The only objective truth is your own experience and consciousness, everything outside of you is subject to faith and belief. That's not to imply that there is no truth outside of you, or that you're the only one that actually exists. That's your false imposition and supposition, I never made such a claim. That's a straw man. You can only objectively know what is within your experience, and that is why God, YHWH, Sponge Bob, whoever you believe is God, deals with people directly, through His Holy Spirit.

You need faith, trust, to live. Without being confident or believing that what you feel or sense is true, you wouldn't be able to function in the physical world. There is plenty of truth, in the area of principle and what is sensible, but nonetheless, nothing is true for you unless you exist. Existence is the prerequisite for knowing and appreciating truth, and that knowing can come directly from God. That's most likely how it will come to you, not by automatically assuming a certain book is His "infallible, inerrant WORD", that's "idiotic", as you like to say.
    Is the above a true statement?

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Why are certain things or ideas reasonable to you and others aren't? What's your metric or standard for assuming something is true?
    Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective,

That's quite a subjective question, don't you think?

Is "The truth cannot be known-all of it is subjective" a true statement?

How do you know that your statement, "Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective," is a true statement?

Kaboom....

Leave a comment:

• john w
    replied
    Are you a theist?
    Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective,
    The definition of "theist" is quite subjective, don't you think?

I'm part Italian/Slovenian/Irish/German.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X