Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
    Both the bible and the Holy Spirit.
    So, you quote an error laden bible, and a subjective Holy Spirit?Is that your argument, Lamont?
    Saint John W

Comment

• Originally posted by john w View Post
      Non responsive, evasion.

I stay on topic:

Scientific evidence-empirical-"taste, sight, touch, smell, and hearing."

Have you ever seen, touched, smelled,tasted, heard Caesar?

How do you know he existed? Offer evidence.

So? How is that evidence of the existence of a specific person, named "Julius Caesar?" Because you deem it "reasonable"-below?"

So, Lamont, your "evidence, is that "it seems reasonable?" Really? That's it, Lamont? Reasonable tou you, eh, Lamont?
      I don't need to taste, sight, touch, smell, hear Caesar to reasonably assume or believe he existed. I already gave you a reason why I believe he existed. You're the one resorting to disingenuous incoherent gobbledygook and psychobabble.

Why do you believe in Jesus and the bible? Did you taste, sight , touch, smell Jesus? How and why is the bible, God's word?

Comment

The bible is a collection of ancient writings. The protestant canon or bible differs from the Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox bibles. So to say "bible", begs the question..Which one are you referring to? You need a relationship with God, in order for the bible to be of any benefit to you. You need to be born again. Born from above.
        Quite irrelevant. You argue against "the bible." You said it. And age, "ancient," is also quite irrelevant. Throw out the writings about Caesar. They are "ancient." See how that works, Lamont?
        Last edited by john w; December 6th, 2017, 05:51 PM.
        Saint John W

Comment

So, you quote an error laden bible, and a subjective Holy Spirit?Is that your argument, Lamont?
          I didn't quote the bible, if you notice. The Holy Spirit is real to those who know Him. The bible is not a useless book, it contains much divine truth and it's profitable for instruction for those who are born again/born from above, in Christ. If you are truly a child of God, it doesn't matter if every word or verse in the bible is literally correct. It's a book that conveys eternal principles and values, that when studied and adopted into your life, generates a real transformation and relationship with God. The effects of studying the bible, as a spirit filled believer, are real.

(You need the Spirit of God, to highlight the truth in the bible.)

Spirituality, is supra-rational. It's beyond human reason. Spiritual truth is foolishness to those who are perishing. The carnal mind can not appreciate it nor in any way benefit from it.

Comment

Quite irrelevant. You argue against "the bible." You said it. And age, "ancient," is also quite irrelevant. Through out the writings about Caesar. They are "ancient." See how that works, Lamont?
            I'm simply stating the fact the bible is ancient. It being ancient, doesn't in any way discredit it. That's another one of your false, straw man arguments. I never made such a suggestion. You're full of straw men.

Comment

The bible is a collection of ancient writings. The protestant canon or bible differs from the Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox bibles. So to say "bible", begs the question..Which one are you referring to? You need a relationship with God, in order for the bible to be of any benefit to you. You need to be born again. Born from above.
              In order to be born again, we have to have humility to change our hearts to fit to God's condition.
              If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post
                In order to be born again, we have to have humility to change our hearts to fit to God's condition.
                That's right Meshak. God bless you.

Comment

• Originally posted by meshak View Post
                  God changes the heart, not us. No, you cannot work your way into salvation.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Acts 15:9
                  He made no distinction between us and them, for He cleansed their hearts by faith.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
                    God changes the heart, not us. No, you cannot work your way into salvation.

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Acts 15:9
                    He made no distinction between us and them, for He cleansed their hearts by faith.
                    Did she say she has to generate her own humility? Where in her statement did she imply that? She's stating a fact, that humility is an important attribute we should have, to walk with God.

Comment

That's right Meshak. God bless you.
                      And perfection is having the fruit of Spirit.

No one can achieve perfect faith such high standards.

That's why it is wrong to claim to be sinless and saved.

But Jesus looks into our hearts. The HS will purify our imperfect faith if we are sincerely seeking to be true to Him until the end.

that is grace.
                      If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Comment

Did she say she has to generate her own humility? Where in her statement did she imply that? She's stating a fact, that humility is an important attribute we should have, to walk with God.
                        Shes stated it many times on here. Ive rebuked her many times for that lie also.

No, its not a fact that WE change our hearts, He changes them via HIS Spirit, we cannot save ourselves false teacher.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
                          Shes stated it many times on here. Ive rebuked her many times for that lie also.

No, its not a fact that WE change our hearts, He changes them via HIS Spirit, we cannot save ourselves false teacher.
                          God through His power and energies, transforms us. He created us with certain abilities and when we step into a certain position, willingly, he can reform us from within. No doubt.

Divine energies. Need a biblical reference?

Comment

I don't need to taste, sight, touch, smell, hear Caesar to reasonable assume or believe he existed.

Translation: [U]You can provide no evidence, based upon sight, smell, taste, hearing, touch, that he existed.
                            Just:It seems reasonable...I, Lamont, just assume he existed.

You can't be this stupid. Really Lamont? No one challenges your "right" to believe; The question is: evidence? Belief, and truth, are independent. Veracity exists, irrespective of belief. Belief, or lack thereof, in no way affect objective truth. Your view:It's like a person jumping of a 30 story building, "believing" he can fly, and half way down, he exclaims," So far, so good!" That is fantasy, not biblical/secular faith. Your definition of faith: the lottery.

[QUOTE=RealityJerk;5145816]
                            [/QUOTE

A man lived thousands of years ago who was emperor of an empire. Yeah? Big deal. If you tell me Caesar had a pet dragon and shot lasers out of his eyes, that's unreasonable, unless you have some really really good evidence.
                            Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                            I already gave you a reason why I believe he existed. You're the one resorting to disingenuous incoherent gobbledygook and psychobabble.

Yes, your evidence is: It seems reasonable...

Quite compelling.
                            Why do you believe in Jesus and the bible? Does you taste, sight , touch, smell Jesus? How and why is the bible, God's word?
                            No. That is my point. You have no evidence of Washington, using the 5 senses-you've never seen him(or his grave), you've never touched him, you've never heard him..............What do you have as evidence? What others have told you, via books about Washington-eyewitness testimony.

I have the bible as evidence, which has proven the test of time, as true, credible, and droids like you have attempted to "prove" it's alleged errors, spinning, "ancient...blah blah blah...,:" and have failed, for years, and will continue to fail.

But the point being-in the secular world, we accept testimony via books, of eye witnesses, and yet, these same people lose their mind,in the spiritual realm, blathering,"The bible is an ancient book.............................................. ..............You have no evidence!!!!!"

It is deceitful, and satanic.
                            Saint John W

Comment

my goodness, such grandiose statement.

Comment

• [QUOTE=john w;5145842]Translation: [U]You can provide no evidence, based upon sight, smell, taste, hearing, touch, that he existed.
                                Just:It seems reasonable...I, Lamont, just assume he existed.

You can't be this stupid. Really Lamont? No one challenges your "right" to believe; The question is: evidence? Belief, and truth, are independent. Veracity exists, irrespective of belief. Belief, or lack thereof, in no way affect objective truth. Your view:It's like a person jumping of a 30 story building, "believing" he can fly, and half way down, he exclaims," So far, so good!" That is fantasy, not biblical/secular faith. Your definition of faith: the lottery.

Yes, your evidence is: It seems reasonable...

Quite compelling.

No. That is my point. You have no evidence of Washington, using the 5 senses-you've never seen him(or his grave), you've never touched him, you've never heard him..............What do you have as evidence? What others have told you, via books about Washington-eyewitness testimony.

I have the bible as evidence, which has proven the test of time, as true, credible, and droids like you have attempted to "prove" it's alleged errors, spinning, "ancient...blah blah blah...,:" and have failed, for years, and will continue to fail.

But the point being-in the secular world, we accept testimony via books, of eye witnesses, and yet, these same people lose their mind,in the spiritual realm, blathering,"The bible is an ancient book.............................................. ..............You have no evidence!!!!!"

You're silly John. Grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X