Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the infraction?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
    The only objective truth is your own experience and consciousness, everything outside of you is subject to faith and belief. ....
    How can it be true, that there is no objective truth-it is all subjective?

    Curly just cannot see his self defeating "argument," one that commits suicide. And he is venturing into the ring?

    When you're in a ditch, quit digging.
    Saint John W

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
      You can only objectively know what is within your experience,...
      My experience tells me that you are an idiot.

      QED.
      Saint John W

      Comment


      • Originally posted by john w View Post
        The definition of "theist" is quite subjective, don't you think?

        I'm part Italian/Slovenian/Irish/German.
        Theist is a word identifying a set of conditions, a criteria of conditions. The fact those conditions are subjectively understood, is irrelevant to the question. Are you a theist, atheist agnostic, pantheist, pan-psychist, which one of those designations or words, best complies with your personal beliefs in respect to God? Do you believe God exists, or perhaps you don't? What's your personal position, perspective, on the question of God's existence. Who is God to you, if anything?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by john w View Post
          My experience tells me that you are an idiot.

          QED.
          Ok, can you elaborate on how your experience has brought you to that conclusion? Why am I an idiot, according to you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by john w View Post
            How can it be true, that there is no objective truth-it is all subjective?

            Curly just cannot see his self defeating "argument," one that commits suicide. And he is venturing into the ring?

            When you're in a ditch, quit digging.
            Your demand to make truth objective, is an arbitrary one. Truth is truth, regardless of how it is perceived. All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
              Ok, can you elaborate on how your experience has brought you to that conclusion? Why am I an idiot, according to you.
              Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
              You can only objectively know what is within your experience, and that is why God, YHWH, Sponge Bob, whoever you believe is God, deals with people directly, through His Holy Spirit.
              Because my experience, through Sponge Bob, through his Spirit, tells me that you are an idiot.


              QED.
              Saint John W

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                Your demand to make truth objective, is an arbitrary one. Truth is truth, regardless of how it is perceived. All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
                So, is the above an objectively true statement?
                Saint John W

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                  Theist is a word identifying a set of conditions, a criteria of conditions. The fact those conditions are subjectively understood, is irrelevant to the question. Are you a theist, atheist agnostic, pantheist, pan-psychist, which one of those designations or words, best complies with your personal beliefs in respect to God? Do you believe God exists, or perhaps you don't? What's your personal position, perspective, on the question of God's existence. Who is God to you, if anything?
                  So, is your definition of a theist, objectively true?
                  Saint John W

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                    All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
                    Is the above true?
                    Saint John W

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                      Your demand to make truth objective, is an arbitrary one. Truth is truth, regardless of how it is perceived. All truth is perceived and known subjectively, not objectively. Your consciousness is your prerequisite for knowing truth and that knowing is subjective. It's always subjective. That's my point. If anyone is digging himself into a ditch it's you. Just keep posting and I'll demonstrate that.
                      The truth cannot be known.

                      Is that a true statement?

                      Speak plainly-yes, or no, Curly?
                      Saint John W

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                        You admitted you had been a member of the Bible Student's Society. Are you claiming there was no indoctrination going on there? There was no association with Watch Tower?
                        This is so stupid post.

                        I was a member of many Trinitarian churches and did not get influenced by their doctrines. In fact, I leaned to stay away from them.

                        I did not join JW but I fellowshipped and studied with them. But they could not get me to join them, either.
                        If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by john w View Post
                          That's quite a subjective question, don't you think?


                          Is "The truth cannot be known-all of it is subjective" a true statement?


                          How do you know that your statement, "Exactly, it's all subjectivity. Everything is subjective," is a true statement?


                          Kaboom....
                          Because you can't know anything, other than subjectively. It all begins with you, subjectively, before you can experience anything. Nothing can exists for you, as a human being, apart from your personal experience. That applies to everyone, not just you. Truth is meaningless, without consciousness. Even science has proven that, through various experiments, in the area of quantum mechanics. Consciousness is the prerequisite for reality or for truth. The prime intelligence or sub-consciousness, is the root and substrate of truth. We call that prime intelligence or root mind, "GOD". The non-causal, non-contingent mind or consciousness.

                          My point, the one you are missing or simply don't want to recognize, is that the only absolutely certain reality, is within your own experience. It's you. You don't know if I exist, that's on faith. I might very well exist, and everything else that you perceive around you as tangible. As a human being, you have to believe certain things in order to function in this life, in this world. Nonetheless, everything, every-thing, all things are faith. Belief, apart from your own point of consciousness, your personal point of absolute certainty.

                          If you say you don't exist, when you do, then you're absolutely wrong, aren't you? Takes no faith, it's not a belief. You know that you exist, if you exist. Right? Do you know I exist, with the same degree of certainty? No. Even your keyboard, might not actually exist, in the way you perceive it, if at all. It might all be an illusion. Perhaps you're the only conscious one? Perhaps I'm a figment of your imagination. How would you prove otherwise? It doesn't matter. To believe that, would be unreasonable and impractical. You would be an idiot if you believed that and I doubt you're an idiot.

                          All begins and ends, with consciousness. Your consciousness for you, is the absolute point of certainty and that's where you're going to have an encounter with God. That's where all of the prophets, received their revelation and communed with God, before there was a bible. It's not a book, that will save you, it's a person. That's the point I'm making.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by john w View Post
                            The truth cannot be known.

                            Is that a true statement?

                            Speak plainly-yes, or no, Curly?
                            Really? The truth can not be known? Can you know if you exist? Whatever you are, do you exist? Is there someone or something having an experience right now? You perhaps? You're digging yourself into a ditch John. You're an idiot, let's stop with the silly antics. Use your wit constructively. You exist don't you? I believe you do, although I might be wrong. It's reasonable for me to assume, you exist. Right? Only you know whether you actually exist or not, right? Do you exist John? You know subjectively, that you do, if you do exist. Right? Be honest. The smarty pant troll act, put it aside for a moment if you can.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                              Really? The truth can not be known? Can you know if you exist? Whatever you are, do you exist? Is there someone or something having an experience right now? You perhaps? You're digging yourself into a ditch John. You're an idiot, let's stop with the silly antics. Use your wit constructively. You exist don't you? I believe you do, although I might be wrong. It's reasonable for me to assume, you exist. Right? Only you know whether you actually exist or not, right? Do you exist John? You know subjectively, that you do, if you do exist. Right? Be honest. The smarty pant troll act, put it aside for a moment if you can.
                              Did our hero answer a simple question? Nope-non-responsive.

                              The truth cannot be known.

                              Is that a true statement?

                              Speak plainly-yes, or no, Curly?
                              Saint John W

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RealityJerk View Post
                                Really? The truth can not be known? Can you know if you exist? Whatever you are, do you exist? Is there someone or something having an experience right now? You perhaps? You're digging yourself into a ditch John. You're an idiot, let's stop with the silly antics. Use your wit constructively. You exist don't you? I believe you do, although I might be wrong. It's reasonable for me to assume, you exist. Right? Only you know whether you actually exist or not, right? Do you exist John? You know subjectively, that you do, if you do exist. Right? Be honest. The smarty pant troll act, put it aside for a moment if you can.
                                You argue, not me:No one has the truth-it is all subjective/relative.


                                If no one has the truth, then the statement "no one has the truth" is false=a truthstatement!Then how do you know that is true?

                                =Self defeating argument. Curly the idiot just cannot see it. A 6 year old can.
                                Saint John W

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X