This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knight View Post
    The current settings for the TOL rep system are as follows (updated 03-05-2007)

Reputation Point Factor: 250
    For every 1000 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
    Knight,

The phrase above is in the OP, but it seems to be both inconsistent and inaccurate.

Isn't the reality right now the following?

Reputation Point Factor: 100
    For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulMcNabb View Post
      Knight,

The phrase above is in the OP, but it seems to be both inconsistent and inaccurate.

Isn't the reality right now the following?

Reputation Point Factor: 100
      For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
      Several of those values have since been changed.

The new values are now posted.
      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Good to know, there is no confusion at all.

THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST.

Comment

The rep limits have been altered.

Comment

You've called me out of death
            You've called me into life
            And I was under Your wrath
            Now through the cross I'm reconciled

Discount Maternity Clothes | Children's Books | Baby Gear | Coupons | Batman

Comment

I guess the rep power has been cut in half... is that correct? Mine was anyway.

"Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15.13

Comment

mine too.....either that or we both did something to tick off Knight.
                Destroy another fetus now, we don't like children anyhow, I've seen the future baby......... It is Murder.
                ~Leonard Cohen

sigpic

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
                ~Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Nah, I reckon it's across the board alright.....
                  "Either these curtains go or I do...."

- Oscar Wilde on deathbed

Comment

In the near future we may need to revamp the rep system altogether.

The problem is..... that rep power and rep points have a multiplying effect on themselves and there comes a point when the rep power is so high that every rep awarded gives out a ridiculous amount of rep.

This produces two problems....

- The rep numbers get out of control so we need to constantly adjust them.
                    - New members feel hopelessly behind and tend to get frustrated. (imagine signing up on a forum and you get excited because you get a couple of reps but then you realize that there are those on the board that have almost a billion points! )

We have also found out that because the "chase for rep" is a popular hobby it actually can cause the TOL server to be overworked (it almost becomes similar to a "live chat").

I am still trying to figure out a good compromise.

Comment

In the near future we may need to revamp the rep system altogether.

The problem is..... that rep power and rep points have a multiplying effect on themselves and there comes a point when the rep power is so high that every rep awarded gives out a ridiculous amount of rep.

This produces two problems....

- The rep numbers get out of control so we need to constantly adjust them.
                      - New members feel hopelessly behind and tend to get frustrated. (imagine signing up on a forum and you get excited because you get a couple of reps but then you realize that there are those on the board that have almost a billion points! )

We have also found out that because the "chase for rep" is a popular hobby it actually can cause the TOL server to be overworked (it almost becomes similar to a "live chat").

I am still trying to figure out a good compromise.
                      Well as long as it's 'fair' then it's fine, it's not like anyone would notice if it wasn't really so fair enough!.......

Comment

Has anyone suggested that it wasn't fair?
                        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

What we would love is that people would use the rep for awarding good or bad posts but as YOU TWO know that just doesn't happen does it?

Comment

What we would love is that people would use the rep for awarding good or bad posts but as YOU TWO know that just doesn't happen does it?
                            Uh, yes it does.....!

Comment

Someone has to make the rules and then let everyone know what they are
                              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Well, if someone hadn't gotten upset because he/she got neg repped for a stupid post, we wouldn't have to worry about rules. Would we? The purpose of the neg rep is to let someone know that you don't like what they said in a particular post. What's wrong with that? Some people seem to want to do away with allowing people to neg rep if they don't like their posts.
                                They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X