Is it offensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

folks here were humble, welcoming, helpful, patient, encouraging and friendly until being stopped at every turn. questioned, belittled and second-guessed. then insulted, antagonized and talked down to. that's what i saw mostly. "no respect, I tell 'ya" - Rodney -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
      i tried to give him a gift, but he kept asking questions about it -
      Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
      Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
        i tried to give him a gift, but he kept asking questions about it -
        Yeah, but did you give him the pos-rep DESPITE his post? HE might have actually have need to earn it (well, unless it is truly a gift)...
        My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
        Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
        Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
        Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
        No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
        Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lon View Post
          Yeah, but did you give him the pos-rep DESPITE his post? HE might have actually have need to earn it (well, unless it is truly a gift)...
          no, i was kidding about a gift. i did give him a pos rep tonight for a good post. it may have been the first i gave him. i pass 'em out like candy -

Comment

Originally posted by I drank what? View Post
            subjective being the key word...

indeed

i feel like this post in blasphemous, therefore you and whoever wrote it should be banned :P
            Good luck with that.
            Where is the evidence for a global flood?
            E≈mc2
            "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
            -Bob B.

Comment

subjective being the key word...

indeed

i feel like this post in blasphemous, therefore you and whoever wrote it should be banned :P
              There is no such thing as *subjective* on TOL. Subscribers are required to follow the rules OR post elsewhere.

It doesn't matter what you (or I) find offensive. The rules on the site should be enough to let you know whether or not something is offensive.

You are on a Christian forum. Regardless of how harmless you believe a comment to be, anything that insults God (or any part of the Trinity) is against the rules of TOL.

It's your decision whether or not your desire to be here is greater than your desire to abide by the rules of the forum.
              A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
              we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                There is no such thing as *subjective* on TOL. Subscribers are required to follow the rules OR post elsewhere.

It doesn't matter what you (or I) find offensive. The rules on the site should be enough to let you know whether or not something is offensive.

You are on a Christian forum. Regardless of how harmless you believe a comment to be, anything that insults God (or any part of the Trinity) is against the rules of TOL.

It's your decision whether or not your desire to be here is greater than your desire to abide by the rules of the forum.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                They already know monsters exist.
                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                  I got a perfect score!!!

A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man
                  we can trust with nuclear weapons.

Bill Clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                    I really don't think you'll be around much longer!
                    we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by steko View Post
                      "Do you hear that Mr. IDW? That's the sound of inevitability!"

It won't be long now.
                      should I hold my breath...?

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                        I really don't think you'll be around much longer!
                        we'll see
                        he is with the in crowd
                        and
                        I can't believe I created the greatest thread in tol history to save him
                        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Originally posted by Rusha View Post
                          1. There is no such thing as *subjective* on TOL. Subscribers are required to follow the rules OR post elsewhere.

2. It doesn't matter what you (or I) find offensive. The rules on the site should be enough to let you know whether or not something is offensive.

3. You are on a Christian forum. Regardless of how harmless you believe a comment to be, anything that insults God (or any part of the Trinity) is against the rules of TOL.

4. It's your decision whether or not your desire to be here is greater than your desire to abide by the rules of the forum.
                          i've been meaning to chat with you, why won't you respond to my posts?

1. the rules already stated they are subjective, kudos to them for being honest about it...

2. of course it matters, especially when subjective rules are enforced by even more subjective admins/mods... it becomes exponentially more offensive then

3. i already mentioned that variable, to which you are just going to have to ban everyone, eventually you are going to say or do something that is offensive

4. how does one abide by SUBJECTIVE rules? i can handle the objective ones just fine

5. do you believe the pic i posted was me intending to be blasphemous to Jesus?

i.e. do you take me for one of those Angry Atheists that hates God and all religious people, and was attempting to be clever by posting a cartoon about raptor jebus which is current political commentary for the ongoing YEC vs Evolution Anti-theist (buhllion years old universe) debate...?

have you people been living under a rock?!

5. [be honest] how you respond will quickly form my opinion about you

Comment

Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
                            You didnt agree to certain criteria when you signed up, primarily that its knights house party and not yours?

I agree on thing you said, its better that you don't post anything, if you wont abide by the little rules that are here.
                            i'm still waiting for the proof that I was being blasphemous INTENTIONALLY... i'll even settle for un-intentionally

i'll wait here patiently

again if you people, including mod-mins have:

1. no sense of humor
                            2. no reading comprehension in context

then i won't waste anymore of anybody's time and i'll just ban myself

your choice

to recap:

1. I posted the pics in response to an antagonizing poster, attempting to illustrate just how clever they are

2. I was then accused of being a person that I was clearly satirizing...

if people can't tell the difference... EVEN after I clearly explained what REALLY happened... then i do agree, you are on your own

I can't force people to learn-understand, I can only offer it

/hope for the best

Comment

I can't believe I just wasted my time reading this thread.
                              "Auto correct has become my worst enema."

Comment

Originally posted by Mocking You View Post
                                I can't believe I just wasted my time reading this thread.
                                why did you?
                                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Working...
                                X