This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naming Members in Thread Titles

Whenever I have seen a person called out by name in a thread title I have always spoken out against it, whether it was a person I liked or not. I remember its happened to Meshak a lot, to Grosnick Marowbe a few times, and to others as well. Recently it happened to me too.

I have said this a bunch of times and I'll say it again: When you call out a member by name in a thread title, the ONLY result of that thread can be negative. Such a thread will have no redeeming qualities and arguments are sure to sure to take place. On the one hand, nobody likes to be called out, and on the other hand the person doing the calling has some negative reason 9 out of 10 times. Its a childish schoolyard thing to do, and it happens a lot. If you have something to say to someone one on one, then do it one on one in a PM.

Personally I think this should be a forum rule. That's my two cents. But one thing is for certain: 99% of the time, whenever I have seen a member called out by name in a thread title the thread is all negative. Thats a fact.
    Last edited by CatholicCrusader; October 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM.

Originally posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    That's my two sense.
    Do you also have a 6th sense?

But one thing is for certain: 99% of the time, whenever I have seen a member called out by name in a thread title the thread is all negative. Thats a fact.
    I also do not like "call out" threads or angry mob threads.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Whenever I have seen a person called out by name in a thread title I have always spoken out against it, whether it was a person I liked or not.
      It's a good way to know when you should just ignore a thread because it's probably going to be a bunch of petty nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
        Do you also have a 6th sense?
        LOL. Whoops.

Comment

Whenever I have seen a person called out by name in a thread title I have always spoken out against it, whether it was a person I liked or not. I remember its happened to Meshak a lot, to Grosnick Marowbe a few times, and to others as well. Recently it happened to me too.

I have said this a bunch of times and I'll say it again: When you call out a member by name in a thread title, the ONLY result of that thread can be negative. Such a thread will have no redeeming qualities and arguments are sure to sure to take place. On the one hand, nobody likes to be called out, and on the other hand the person doing the calling has some negative reason 9 out of 10 times. Its a childish schoolyard thing to do, and it happens a lot. If you have something to say to someone one on one, then do it one on one in a PM.

Personally I think this should be a forum rule. That's my two cents. But one thing is for certain: 99% of the time, whenever I have seen a member called out by name in a thread title the thread is all negative. Thats a fact.
          You actually called out a group of people and threatened violence against that group. The fact you don't like people being called out by name should prevent you calling out groups of people by name.

Here's a name for you...hypocrite.
          I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
          A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
          If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Comment

When I see some self-righteous nutcase like CatholicCrusader is posting that they're going to go out and physically attack people, I'll call them out by "name" any day of the week. I'd hope that anyone here would.

Comment

I agree. Also - its unfair that such a select few get called out multiple times. Why am I never in the title?!
              If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Comment

meshak is a mob
                One lavished upon in the Beloved
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zoo22 View Post
                  When I see some self-righteous nutcase like CatholicCrusader is posting that they're going to go out and physically attack people, I'll call them out by "name" any day of the week. I'd hope that anyone here would.
                  If you and I never agree on the color of the sky, we will always agree on this.
                  "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                  Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                  By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                    meshak is a mob
                    If there's a post of the month, I nominate you.
                    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                    Terence Mc Lean

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by Truster View Post
                      You actually called out a group of people and threatened violence against that group. The fact you don't like people being called out by name should prevent you calling out groups of people by name.

Here's a name for you...hypocrite.
                      Now now, Truster...in the interest of fairness and accuracy, CC threatened to jack the jaw of the first random homosexual he met on the street, not the whole group of them.
                      Terence Mc Lean

Comment

Originally posted by csuguy View Post
                        I agree. Also - its unfair that such a select few get called out multiple times. Why am I never in the title?!
                        It happens only to unpopular members.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                          It happens only to unpopular members.
                          Hi Meshak, Resurrected named me in a couple of thread titles. I guess that makes me unpopular?
                          It doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Wow, what a negative thread

Comment

Originally posted by csuguy View Post
                              You are usually a reasonable member. Are you still attending CSU?
                              So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Working...
                              X