Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2019 TOL Upgrade: Comments, Questions, Suggestions, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2019 TOL Upgrade: Comments, Questions, Suggestions, etc.

I suppose that the first thing I should say is that I was not asked by an TOL owner or administrator to start this thread. It isn't my intention to step on anyone's toes or otherwise overstep my bounds. I just thought such a thread's existence made sense so I decided to start it.

My intent is just to give a space for people to express any constructive comments or suggestions. It might also serve as a good place for administrators to post information about any changes that they've made.

To kick it off, I have a request/suggestion for the 'Notifications' screen...

As it is right now, when you pull up the 'Notifications' screen, you get a list of any thread that you're subscribed to in which anything new has been posted. The list includes any post whether the new posts quotes/mentions you or not and it gives a link to the thread itself.

Some threads can grow really fast and the specific post you're looking for can be sort of pain to find so it would be great if the list not only segregated the posts that quote/mention you but also gave a link to the specific post rather than the whole thread.

Clete
    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Originally posted by Clete View Post
    I suppose that the first thing I should say is that I was not asked by an TOL owner or administrator to start this thread. It isn't my intention to step on anyone's toes or otherwise overstep my bounds. I just thought such a thread's existence made sense so I decided to start it.

My intent is just to give a space for people to express any constructive comments or suggestions. It might also serve as a good place for administrators to post information about any changes that they've made.

To kick it off, I have a request/suggestion for the 'Notifications' screen...

As it is right now, when you pull up the 'Notifications' screen, you get a list of any thread that you're subscribed to in which anything new has been posted. The list includes any post whether the new posts quotes/mentions you or not and it gives a link to the thread itself.

Some threads can grow really fast and the specific post you're looking for can be sort of pain to find so it would be great if the list not only segregated the posts that quote/mention you but also gave a link to the specific post rather than the whole thread.

Clete
    I agree... in the "old days" the old "bulletin board" forums would show the new messages in a thread since the last time you viewed the thread. It would be really nice if "modern day" systems would do the same. (i.e., where you left off).

--RD
    All of my ancestors are human.
    Originally posted by Squeaky
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Originally posted by God's Truth
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

I have a suggestion: Increase avatar display size to at least 125 x 125 pixels to get a more personal feel. The forum will look a bit more like home that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
        I have a suggestion: Increase avatar display size to at least 125 x 125 pixels to get a more personal feel. The forum will look a bit more like home that way too.
        Great idea! I second that motion.
        sigpic
        "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Working...
        X