TOL Is dead - long live TOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Enyart View Post
    As it turned out, Eric had done so many wonderful things to make the ambiance of TOL what it was, that merely upgrading vBulletin (our software platform) meant that so much of what so many had become familiar with just disappeared.
    It's been weeks now, and functionality is no better. I try to edit my preferences and the pages time out. I try to change my profile view to show only visitor messages and it tells me I have a server error. There are no smilies. Prior to the upgrade my PM sent box was empty, after the upgrade it was full - I had to delete a bunch of old sent PMs going back to 2010 which I'd deleted years ago.

The entire place feels empty and sterile. I don't know how you're going to fix that.

Also, I can't unsubscribe from threads, the unsubscribe button is unresponsive.

Also Town Heretic if you see this, I tried to send you a PM and your box is full too.
    Last edited by annabenedetti; December 4th, 2019, 10:27 PM.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

I am working in trying to fix the avatar bug where they are so small.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

It isn't just us, everyone who is using this platform is effected. I am a member of the V-Bulletin website.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Bob Enyart Live, TOL, and Bob Hill's old forum (I think it was biblical answers dot something or another) are the three sites that have had the most impact in my theological growth. I wish I could have been more active the past few years here on TOL as I once was. I used to stay up until the wee hours of the morning on TOL. I got married, then parents got sick, I had a kid, both parents passed away within about a year of each other, kid starts to grow up and wants my attention, before I know it...it's been four years or so and I haven't even visited TOL.

The time when a group of us "raided" the Dawkins forum many years ago was a blast.

Fun to have met folks on here at Bob seminars in Indianapolis and when I visited Denver Bible Church a few summers ago.

Love TOL and wish all the biblical answers that was housed on Bob Hill's old site were still available to read.

chatmaggot
          fidelis usque ad mortem

Comment

Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
            Bob Enyart Live, TOL, and Bob Hill's old forum (I think it was biblical answers dot something or another) are the three sites that have had the most impact in my theological growth. I wish I could have been more active the past few years here on TOL as I once was. I used to stay up until the wee hours of the morning on TOL. I got married, then parents got sick, I had a kid, both parents passed away within about a year of each other, kid starts to grow up and wants my attention, before I know it...it's been four years or so and I haven't even visited TOL.

The time when a group of us "raided" the Dawkins forum many years ago was a blast.

Fun to have met folks on here at Bob seminars in Indianapolis and when I visited Denver Bible Church a few summers ago.

Love TOL and wish all the biblical answers that was housed on Bob Hill's old site were still available to read.

chatmaggot
            Welcome back!
            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
              It isn't just us, everyone who is using this platform is effected. I am a member of the V-Bulletin website.
              Is it a vBulletin system-wide problem that members can't access profile pages at all/rarely or unsubscribe from threads?

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

I tidied the Avatar thumbnails up some.

The bugs are affecting everyone that is using V-bulletin.

Comment

The next issue to tackle is going to be smilies. I am on a support forum for administrators.

Comment

I adjusted the avatar display in the threads to 100 x 100 pixels to make the forum look less sterile. I am waiting on support for a solution to fix the smileys.

Comment

I think that we need a better privacy policy
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-10_14-29-10.png
Views:	48
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	2728862
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

I think it is coming along fine, looking at it on a phone screen. btw: my avatar is just fine being small; I was gong to change it, but now why bother? I probably will not be as regular, but that has nothing to do with changes here. PS hi chatmaggot.

Can you believe it, I have a smartphone, me, unheard of!
                        So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ktoyou View Post
                          I think it is coming along fine, looking at it on a phone screen.
                          I agree.... it does look pretty good on the phone.

All of my ancestors are human.
                          Originally posted by Squeaky
                          That explains why your an idiot.
                          Originally posted by God's Truth
                          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

It works equally well on my PC lappy and my handheld Android device

Comment

Comment

No real changes I see.
                                Still as messed up as ever.

I will come back in another month to have a look.

But I won't get my hopes up.
                                Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

Working...
                                X