TOL Is dead - long live TOL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOL Is dead - long live TOL!

Hello fellow TOL'ers! As many of you know I have owned and operated TheologyOnline for over 20 years. But life takes twists and turns and my life has changed in such a way that I am not able to give the attention to TOL that it deserves. Therefore I have decided to donate it to the BEL ministry because I knew that they would continue it in the same manner that it has existed since 1997. Any other new owner may have cannibalized the domain and gutted the websites content.

Already our new hosts are making improvements upgrading the forum software which is something I didn't have time to do.

Let's all give them a warm welcome and thank them for continuing to give us a place to discuss the most important things in life.

Oh and please also be patient during this transition period. Not only upgrading the forum software but also the major task of the site and domain changing hands.

And as for me?? I will still be around. I love TOL. I plan to participate as much as possible.

Viva la TOL!
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

I'm sad but also excited to see what's in store for this place.
    "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom

Upgrade your TOL membership.

Comment

Can we ban the mountain bikers now?
      Where is the evidence for a global flood?
      E≈mc2
      "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
      -Bob B.

Comment

Thanks for the ride Knight . : wave2:

Comment

Caught the news on KGOV. Thanks so much for all of your work over all of these years, Knight.
          http://prolifeprofiles.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Servo View Post
            Caught the news on KGOV. Thanks so much for all of your work over all of these years, Knight.
            Hey, Servo. I just caught the "formerly Shimei" under your name. How's it been?
            "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

Comment

I love the tag cloud. It is useful in cleaning up the site tags so the site gets more positive hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Poly View Post

That guy is formerly everything.
                Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                E≈mc2
                "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                -Bob B.

Comment

Glad to finally see this plan coming to fruition.

鶴は千年、亀は一万年生きます

Let TOL be like the crane and turtle.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                    Hello fellow TOL'ers! As many of you know I have owned and operated TheologyOnline for over 20 years. But life takes twists and turns and my life has changed in such a way that I am not able to give the attention to TOL that it deserves. Therefore I have decided to donate it to the BEL ministry because I knew that they would continue it in the same manner that it has existed since 1997. Any other new owner may have cannibalized the domain and gutted the websites content.

Already our new hosts are making improvements upgrading the forum software which is something I didn't have time to do.

Let's all give them a warm welcome and thank them for continuing to give us a place to discuss the most important things in life.

Oh and please also be patient during this transition period. Not only upgrading the forum software but also the major task of the site and domain changing hands.

And as for me?? I will still be around. I love TOL. I plan to participate as much as possible.

Viva la TOL!
                    Knight,

I just want to say thank you for your years of hard work on TOL. It has been, and by extention you have been, a huge part of my life for so long I can hardly imagine my life without it (you).
                    Aside from BEL, TOL is the only place where I find like minded people. It feels like home to me. It won't be the same without you. I feel like my big brother is moving out of town or something. #tearing up!

Do you remember that summer when Turbo and I came out to Denver? We all came out to your place and were in your back yard jumping on the trampoline one minute and in your living room discussing the moral implications of traffic laws the next. Sounds sort of silly but that's one of my fondest vacation memories ever!

I hope God blesses whatever you're doing now and just know that to whatever extent you'll be absent from TOL, you will be sorely missed.

Your brother in Christ,
                    Clete
                    sigpic
                    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post

Knight,

I just want to say thank you for your years of hard work on TOL. It has been, and by extention you have been, a huge part of my life for so long I can hardly imagine my life without it (you).
                      Aside from BEL, TOL is the only place where I find like minded people. It feels like home to me. It won't be the same without you. I feel like my big brother is moving out of town or something. #tearing up!

Do you remember that summer when Turbo and I came out to Denver? We all came out to your place and were in your back yard jumping on the trampoline one minute and in your living room discussing the moral implications of traffic laws the next. Sounds sort of silly but that's one of my fondest vacation memories ever!

I hope God blesses whatever you're doing now and just know that to whatever extent you'll be absent from TOL, you will be sorely missed.

Your brother in Christ,
                      Clete
                      Thanks Clete that really means a lot to me.

And that was a fun summer it was great having you guys out to visit.

Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post

That guy is formerly everything.
                        The artist formally known as Shimei....among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Poly View Post

Doing well! Love all your posts on facebook!
                          http://prolifeprofiles.com/

Comment

I will miss the old TOL. Good to hear the site will survive. Thanks Knight for providing such a fun place to hang out, while still being at home. Hi Shemei, long time, hope all is well? Do you all post on facebook?
                            So, what?

believe it!

Comment

Guys, hey, Bob Enyart here. Eric, thanks for your years of faithfulness to the Lord and to providing a place of fellowship and outreach for so many. We inherit TOL with 1.5 MILLION posts (and I recall that more than a million earlier posts were wiped in an upgrade years ago.) It's humbling to have Eric pass the mantle on to us and to take on the responsibility to keep TOL going, not only for what may transpire in the future, but also as the repository of so much that has transpired in the past.

In addition to the other moderators, Jefferson and Sherman are also administrating the site, along with the behind the scenes work of Joe Spears of North Carolina.

As it turned out, Eric had done so many wonderful things to make the ambiance of TOL what it was, that merely upgrading vBulletin (our software platform) meant that so much of what so many had become familiar with just disappeared.

As possible, I'm sure that Jefferson, Sherman, and Joe will be happy to attempt to restore whatever features you may request to have back, but whether or not we can actually make such restorations... I don't know.

The only two changes that we have planned are 1) tidying up the homepage by reducing the number of forums there (by turning some into subforums). Sherman has already accomplished most of that! (If in this process a forum accidentally becomes unavailable to you, please let us know and we'll work to get it back.) And 2) we'd like to add a new (or perhaps just promote, a) creation evolution forum (with subforums) to the homepage.

So, thank you to everyone who has made a difference via TOL, and here's to hoping and praying that it will be a resource that God can bless moving into the future!

In Christ,
                              - Bob E.
                              The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Comment

Working...
                              X