New TOL interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

There were a lot of plugins that the older version used that hadn't been updated in a long time, and weren't likely to be updated anytime soon. Basically, it was either keep the plugins, and put up with the problems that are fixed in a later version or update the site and break the plugins.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.
    Sure, that helps but, for the user, the site was working just fine and how hard can it be to install new plug-ins anyway? Are you telling me that this new software doesn't let things like smilies work by default?

I don't mean to sound so negative. I get that its a complex undertaking and I'm trying to be patient with the switch over. It just seems like it could have been thought through a little better before starting the process, that's all.
    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post

There were a lot of plugins that the older version used that hadn't been updated in a long time, and weren't likely to be updated anytime soon. Basically, it was either keep the plugins, and put up with the problems that are fixed in a later version or update the site and break the plugins.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.
      The site upgrade is still a work in progress and the Tech Admin is working on them. The major issue with the old platform was security. So the upgrade had to be done.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post

Sure, that helps but, for the user, the site was working just fine and how hard can it be to install new plug-ins anyway? Are you telling me that this new software doesn't let things like smilies work by default?

I don't mean to sound so negative. I get that its a complex undertaking and I'm trying to be patient with the switch over. It just seems like it could have been thought through a little better before starting the process, that's all.
        Can you see the blue smiley tab on the right hand side of the page as you are composing your post? It's there, but at present, it looks like there's no smilies in the bin. I will notify the techs of this.

June is Gay Pride Month.Tolerance and diversity? ☞ More like tolerate perversity.☠

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post

It seems to be a glitch, it's hit and miss as to whether I can load someone's profile page, or even my settings page - sometimes it's blank and when I refresh sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.
          Same here...
          Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post

Can you see the blue smiley tab on the right hand side of the page as you are composing your post? It's there, but at present, it looks like there's no smilies in the bin. I will notify the techs of this.
            I do see the blue smiley tab. When I hit that it pulls down a list of the smilies but it's just the text code for the smilies not the smilies themselves.
            sigpic
            "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

The site upgrade is still a work in progress and the Tech Admin is working on them. The major issue with the old platform was security. So the upgrade had to be done.
              Now that I can understand.
              sigpic

Comment

It looks like the smiley tab was updated to make it easier to use, but at present the smiley are not displaying.

Comment

It looks like the smiley tab was updated to make it easier to use, but at present the smiley are not displaying.
                  The state of affairs Sherman is describing, here, reminds me of the following exchange from an episode of Seinfeld:

Car rental lady: "Sir, I know how to keep a reservation."

Jerry Seinfeld: "No I don't think you do! If you did, I would have a car right now. You see, anyone can just take a reservation...but it's keeping the reservation that's important."

Any smiley tab can be updated for easier use, but it's displaying the smileys that's important.
                  All my ancestors are human.
                  PS: All your ancestors are human.
                  PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

Comment

Looks like progress is happening. Keep up the good work.

If there was a way to look at a list of past notifications, that would be good.
                    Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

Comment

You may have to clear you cookies to see it, but the smilies are coming baack!

Comment

Originally posted by Yorzhik View Post
                        Looks like progress is happening. Keep up the good work.

If there was a way to look at a list of past notifications, that would be good.
                        You can show all past notifications by using the filter button on the notifications page ("message center"). Although it reverted back and I had to reselect.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

You may have to clear you cookies to see it, but the smilies are coming baack!
                          Yay!

Comment

Sherman

Still can't post in the "Topic of the day" thread

Comment

No one can because that forum is now in the archive. No one has replied to it since October.

Comment

No one can because that forum is now in the archive. No one has replied to it since October.
                                Ummm

You and anna posted in it yesterday: https://theologyonline.com/forum/pol...69#post2728969

Comment

Working...
                                X