No announcement yet.

New TOL interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This upgrade should never have been undertaken if whoever did it wasn't able to do it completely.

Perhaps they didn't realize the complexity of doing an upgrade on a site of this complexity but I bet they could have gotten Knight on the phone and asked, "Hey Knight, so why so long since the last upgrade? Is there more to it than simply installing the latest version of the software?" and found out what all was involved before they showed up and hit the install button on the new version.

As it is, this upgrade is a pretty severe downgrade and so far as I know there hasn't been one word from anyone in regards to what, if anything, is being done about it.
    sigpic
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
      What changes?
      It evolved a little.
      All of my ancestors are human.
      Originally posted by Squeaky
      That explains why your an idiot.
      Originally posted by God's Truth
      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

People are going to be very reluctant to upgrade and pay for this kind of junk.

Who cares about so-and-so's blog?
        Is Jppt the new owner?
        Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

How do you expect Stripe keep trolling the Barbarian without smilies? It just won't be the same. :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
            Sherman
            I can't post in the "TOL Topic Of The Day" forum
            If you can't reply to the thread, then there's a problem, but only staff members should move or start threads there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post

If you can't reply to the thread, then there's a problem, but only staff members should move or start threads there.
              Right, I can't reply to a thread in that forum - I get the message "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page", even though I can view the page. Can't quote or respond, though.

Comment

I have notified the tech Admin of the site issues and he's working on them. This new platform should improve.

Comment

Sherman

When I click on the user names of arthur brain and annabenedetti (and others), I pull up blank screens instead of their user profiles

are they in limbo?

eta: process works as expected for active users

Comment

I would just like to say that the update has had at least one major benefit. TOL is now using https. And that means secure logins and no one able sniff network traffic and capture login credentials anymore. That is a major plus.
                    “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                    ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
                    ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                      Sherman

When I click on the user names of arthur brain and annabenedetti (and others), I pull up blank screens instead of their user profiles

are they in limbo?

eta: process works as expected for active users
                      If they are banned, you probably won't be able to view their profile under the new platform.

Comment

If they are banned, you probably won't be able to view their profile under the new platform.
                        Are you still a mod? You can't tell that I'm not banned?

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

Originally posted by annabenedetti View Post

Are you still a mod? You can't tell that I'm not banned?
                          It's probably a glitch in the system that is keeping him from loading your profile then. Banned members still have red names.

Comment

It's probably a glitch in the system that is keeping him from loading your profile then. Banned members still have red names.
                            It seems to be a glitch, it's hit and miss as to whether I can load someone's profile page, or even my settings page - sometimes it's blank and when I refresh sometimes it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.

Tried and waited then got tired, that's about it

Comment

What are you doing now to banned posters user names? Changing them to Fidel, Uncle Joe, Mao, Karl, Vladimir, Zhou, Kim il Sung, Ho Chi Minh, Nikita , etc....?
                              “Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.”
                              ― Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

“One and God make a majority.”
                              ― Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Clete View Post
                                This upgrade should never have been undertaken if whoever did it wasn't able to do it completely.

Perhaps they didn't realize the complexity of doing an upgrade on a site of this complexity but I bet they could have gotten Knight on the phone and asked, "Hey Knight, so why so long since the last upgrade? Is there more to it than simply installing the latest version of the software?" and found out what all was involved before they showed up and hit the install button on the new version.

As it is, this upgrade is a pretty severe downgrade and so far as I know there hasn't been one word from anyone in regards to what, if anything, is being done about it.
                                There were a lot of plugins that the older version used that hadn't been updated in a long time, and weren't likely to be updated anytime soon. Basically, it was either keep the plugins, and put up with the problems that are fixed in a later version or update the site and break the plugins.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X