Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Knight II

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by freelight View Post
    I went to 'settings' under 'paid subscription' and there was usually a note on the exact date I renewed my subscription last year...but dont see this listed anywhere. Where can I find this info. or is there a technical glitch also affecting the subscription listing? Just like to know to renew just in time before exact expiration date.
    The system should send you a PM when you subscription needs to be renewed. In your case it's September 30th. But you can renew at anytime.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by freelight View Post
      I just noticed this too, a post you just did in a particular thread does not bring up that thread in your subscription list when you go to your 'Settings' page,...and is only listed in chronological order when you hit "view all subscribed threads"...then you'll see your latest post threads. - some technical glitch.
      That's exactly what's happening. It started after the latest software change, whatever that was. Also, threads with no new activity in weeks are in Settings, showing unread posts. And when I do read the last post, then it disappears, even if it was the thread most recently active, even if, as you've seen, you just posted; that thread is not in Settings anymore, but it does show up with that other button you mentioned.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by freelight View Post
        I just noticed this too, a post you just did in a particular thread does not bring up that thread in your subscription list when you go to your 'Settings' page,...and is only listed in chronological order when you hit "view all subscribed threads"...then you'll see your latest post threads. - some technical glitch.
        Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
        That's exactly what's happening. It started after the latest software change, whatever that was. Also, threads with no new activity in weeks are in Settings, showing unread posts. And when I do read the last post, then it disappears, even if it was the thread most recently active, even if, as you've seen, you just posted; that thread is not in Settings anymore, but it does show up with that other button you mentioned.
        If I click on New Posts, these threads are gone, they're invisible, not showing, not there. But they're in What's New. So for very recent threads I've posted in, I can see them in What's New without any fiddling, but the threads are missing from New Posts, and from Settings, until I click on View all Subscribed Threads.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
          If I click on New Posts, these threads are gone, they're invisible, not showing, not there. But they're in What's New. So for very recent threads I've posted in, I can see them in What's New without any fiddling, but the threads are missing from New Posts, and from Settings, until I click on View all Subscribed Threads.
          Yes Nihilo,

          This malfunction still continues. Hello? - I have to still go to View 'subscribed threads' to see my lastest most recent chronological post activity, while all that stays on my 'Settings' page are older ones that have not been active or opened up yet, etc. There is still a malfunction going on. - This may relate to other oddities lately in the system?

          I'd also ask Knight if this current format is serving most of the needs of the community at present, and if any new format or modifications to this forum are possible or worth exploring. I do miss the profile customizations - otherwise, no complaints :thumbs:


          sigpic

          Our Real Nature
          freelight's cosmic cafe
          Free-light-Express

          ~*~*~
          Resource Nexus l Theosophical Studies l Esoteric School of Gnostic Wisdom l Sanatana Dharma lAdidaml Facebook l Thread Catalog & History

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
            If I click on New Posts, these threads are gone, they're invisible, not showing, not there. But they're in What's New. So for very recent threads I've posted in, I can see them in What's New without any fiddling, but the threads are missing from New Posts, and from Settings, until I click on View all Subscribed Threads.
            What threads are gone?
            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Knight View Post
              What threads are gone?
              AMR started a thread on it and he tagged you there. I lost all my threads and I can't see my New Posts when I click in New Posts at the top.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                AMR started a thread on it and he tagged you there. I lost all my threads and I can't see my New Posts when I click in New Posts at the top.
                Okay I see what happened. The software has been updated. Now there is a new option that I had to add to the menu "Today's Posts".

                Today's Posts will show all posts made today, even your own.
                New Posts will only show you unread posts. By definition your own posts are read by you and therefore will not show up.
                Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                Comment


                • I can't even Reply with Quote anymore. I click it and it hourglasses me forever.
                  [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION]

                  The threads that disappear from my Settings, and from New Posts, are the threads I've looked at their recent activity, and the ones I just posted in. They just vanish, although they are there when I hit View all Subscribed Threads, and if it's recently enough they're shown in What's New?

                  Comment


                  • So I have rearranged the menus.

                    New Posts now has ALL new daily posts in it, even your own and also threads that you have read.

                    Then I added an Activity menu which contains sub-menus...
                    ALL NEW POSTS now has ALL new daily posts in it, even your own. Threads you have read will remain in this list.
                    NEW UNREAD POSTS has all posts that you haven't read. By definition your own posts have been read by you therefore will not display. If you view a thread it will then disappear from this list since now it is considered "read".
                    ACTIVITY STREAM contains a list of all forum activity including new threads, new replies, votes on polls etc.
                    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Nihilo View Post
                      I can't even Reply with Quote anymore. I click it and it hourglasses me forever.
                      [MENTION=595]Knight[/MENTION]
                      Hmm... not sure about that. It seems to be functioning properly.
                      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                      Comment


                      • So therefore....

                        The "New Posts" menu is now pretty much how it used to be except it will only show threads that have been updated within the last day.

                        The "New Unread Posts" menu under the "Activity" menu filters out all the threads that you have read which can be handy if you only want to see stuff that you haven't already responded to or read.
                        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Knight View Post
                          What threads are gone?
                          When i click on my profile page to update a thread i made before, i click the link that says to find threads started by me, and it only shows a few now going back less than a week, so i have to go all through subscriptions to find older threads i want to update.

                          It used to show going back for months
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Knight View Post
                            What threads are gone?

                            Originally posted by Knight View Post
                            What threads are gone?
                            It is not threads particularly but the search function that is apparently skipping years of posts.

                            For example, this 2015 post obviously exists:
                            http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...78#post4508178

                            Now proceed to run Advanced Search, Single Content Type, with keyword eschatological and username Ask Mr. Religion

                            I get two results from 2007. Sigh.

                            Or, if I just select View Latest Posts from my profile I see some recent ones, then jumps to a couple of years, then back to 2008, despite having plenty of near term posts that would have filled up the max of 100 that are displayed using this option.

                            Something is hosed up with the index being searched.

                            AMR
                            Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



                            Do you confess?
                            Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                            AMR's Randomata Blog
                            Learn Reformed Doctrine
                            I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                            Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                            Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                            The best TOL Social Group: here.
                            If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                            Why?


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Angel4Truth View Post
                              When i click on my profile page to update a thread i made before, i click the link that says to find threads started by me, and it only shows a few now going back less than a week, so i have to go all through subscriptions to find older threads i want to update.

                              It used to show going back for months
                              Well I thought it was just me having this issue. It appears to be a site-wide issue.

                              AMR
                              Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.



                              Do you confess?
                              Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                              AMR's Randomata Blog
                              Learn Reformed Doctrine
                              I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                              Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                              Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                              The best TOL Social Group: here.
                              If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                              Why?


                              Comment


                              • Knight, what is the meaning of the tag line "..and then i woke up" for you?
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X