I am here for a purpose

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.
Any suggestions or comments is welcome whether pro or con.
:bang:

Aimiel

Israel will never change the name of their country to: Philistine. They are Israeli's, not Philistines. They don't listen to outsiders' sermons, but you can try preaching to them. I don't think they'll listen. Good luck with your headache from beating your head against that wall.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Israel will never change the name of their country to: Philistine.

It is not required, just a welcoming suggestion

They are Israeli's, not Philistines.

Not Philistines, Palestinians & my bet is; if DNA checks were made they would be found one and the same

They don't listen to outsiders' sermons,

American and European Jews are brothers and sisters, that should listen to them

but you can try preaching to them.

Not me, I am not a preacher and even if I was they would not listen to me; but fellow Jews would get their ear

Good luck with your headache from beating your head against that wall.

It's worth the pain :)-

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Palestinians are Arabs.

Arabs do not want to be 'embraced'; least of all by their archenemy.
If they did, they would begin by seeking peace.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.
Any suggestions or comments is welcome whether pro or con.
:bang:
Or, you could preach to the Palestinians to embrace Israel and leave the area named as it is since it was GOD that set up the name for the land and promised to restore the nation of Israel in that land.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own ...

you mean welcome them as citizens of israel?

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2013 was estimated at 1,658,000, representing 21% of the country's population. The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.

or perhaps by welcoming them into the government?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_members_of_the_Knesset

genuineoriginal

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein.
Then you are aware that the land belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as an everlasting possession.

Genesis 17:8
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.​

Deuteronomy 1:8
8 Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.​

I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”
Why would you want the country of "Israel" to turn over their land to the Philistines?

Israel: Origins of the Name “Palestine”

the word Palestine ... was used to describe the inhabitants of the land to the northeast of Egypt - the Philistines.

In the 2nd century CE, the Romans crushed the revolt of Shimon Bar Kokhba (132 CE), during which Jerusalem and Judea were regained and the area of Judea was renamed Palaestina in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Or, you could preach to the Palestinians to embrace Israel and leave the area named as it is since it was GOD that set up the name for the land and promised to restore the nation of Israel in that land.

It was a promise that came with conditions. The Lord said; if you do this, I will bless you but if you do that I will curse you.

If you fail to see the difference you have blinded yourself of the truth

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Then you are aware that the land belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as an everlasting possession.

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

The Israeli's claim the land they now occupy the homeland of the Israelites while their great leaders were buried elsewhere; Israel, Isaac, Rebekah, Abraham, Leah and Sarah were not buried in the land we now call "Israel" but in a land called Canaan which was beyond the Jordan river.
Why is there such a disconnect from biblical history and the occupied land of today?

You bury your great leaders in your own homeland
Which Is Not the land falsely called “Israel” today
The truth will set you free

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
Promised Land

Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.

Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.

The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.”
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab
From there they moved to Egypt

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

Based on the above the “Promised Land” is not the land the Jews are occupying today. In biblical verse terms the Jews were nomads who were wanderers living off of the land grazing their sheep on the open plains

the truth will set you free

glorydaz

It was a promise that came with conditions. The Lord said; if you do this, I will bless you but if you do that I will curse you.

You'd best get busy and read further in the Book. :popcorn:

Jer. 31:35-36 Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name: 36 If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.​

glorydaz

Promised Land

Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.

Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.

The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.”
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab
From there they moved to Egypt

(Gen 42:25 KJV) Then Joseph commanded to fill their sacks with corn, and to restore every man's money into his sack, and to give them provision for the way:

(Gen 45:20 KJV) Also regard not your stuff; for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

Based on the above the “Promised Land” is not the land the Jews are occupying today. In biblical verse terms the Jews were nomads who were wanderers living off of the land grazing their sheep on the open plains

the truth will set you free

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. Seek knowledge...don't try to dispense it.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

If you were not blind to what scripture says, it is you that fails.

GOD will perform HIS oath because it is HIS name on the line, not Israel's.
GOD will keep HIS word no matter how badly they act.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

1 Samuel 12 KJV
(22) For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.

Isaiah 43 KJV
(25) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 37 KJV
(35) For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

Isaiah 48 KJV
(9) For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
(10) Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
(11) For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

Daniel 9 KJV
(18) O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
(19) O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Deuteronomy 9:4-6 KJV
(4) Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
(6) Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

It'a GOD's holy name sake that can be counted on, not Israel's.

jamesdyson

BANNED
Banned
If you were not blind to what scripture says, it is you that fails.

GOD will perform HIS oath because it is HIS name on the line, not Israel's.It'a GOD's holy name sake that can be counted on, not Israel's.

Yes, God will perform His oath, but it is not God’s oath that is on the line, it is his chosen.

God chose them to show us how to treat the stranger & told them the rewards they would get in return

(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:
(Deu 7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:
(Deu 7:13 KJV) And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kin, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

It is now up to the Jewish people to convince the Israelis to do the right thing in the Lord's name.