Hello, Fundies! :)

The name Vulcan Logician is a redundancy. What a maroon.

It's actually not a redundancy. Not all Vulcans are logicians. For instance, Spock's brother Sybok believed that the Vulcans embraced logic too much and should get more in tune with their emotions. He was an anti-logician of sorts.

Furthermore, a propensity toward logic is not an aspect of Vulcan nature. They are highly emotional beings. After fighting a series of civil wars, they decided to hold logic in high esteem as a culture. Not all Vulcans embraced this. Those particular Vulcans would not be logicians.

I guess the final nail in the coffin would be that a logician is a person who studies logic-- not just one who uses it. Although Star Trek gives us the impression that most Vulcans are highly logical, this does not mean that they study logic.

Anyway, guys, I finally started a thread. So thanks again for the intro, and I hope to see you in the forums.

Lon

Doubly so when you "can't" see it in yourself.
You tried turning your narcissism around on me as well, something from your grade school days "I know you are, but what am I" and "I'm rubber, you are glue..." It is genuinely difficult to believe a grown old man never outgrew such immaturity.
Lon said:
No (and listen) people who come to a board with folks who completely disagree with them are these kinds of people. That man is you.
Learn to format and use the internet and you'd not be stuck with 'Lon writes...' declarations. It doesn't make you look very brilliant when you can't do this.
Yes, it does seem this forum is a place where a few people of like minds hang out and agree with each other, patting each other on the back for your willingness to ignore what the scriptures actually say and the evidence in creation.
You have nothing but pontification over what you've no idea about. Dupes might have listened to you in your church, but the rest of us find you ignorant. :yawn:

Such a place certainly does need some differing opinions.
Only if you happened to be brilliant. Or filled with the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, work on it.

2003cobra

You're not very good at reading are you?
One of the hallmarks of a liberal bias is to try to get believers to do their work for them while they claim innocence.

God's Word trumps all evidence presented by man.
He is clear. All mankind is plunged into darkness because of sin and cannot comprehend the truth without believing Him.

There is no scripture that says the earth is 6000 years old.

And I acknowledge that your prior claim that none of the five translators of the Torah in the NET Bible recognized two creation stories is just your idle conjecture with no evidence.

2003cobra

You tried turning your narcissism around on me as well, something from your grade school days "I know you are, but what am I" and "I'm rubber, you are glue..." It is genuinely difficult to believe a grown old man never outgrew such immaturity. Learn to format and use the internet and you'd not be stuck with 'Lon writes...' declarations. It doesn't make you look very brilliant when you can't do this.
You have nothing but pontification over what you've no idea about. Dupes might have listened to you in your church, but the rest of us find you ignorant. :yawn:

Only if you happened to be brilliant. Or filled with the Lord Jesus Christ. Again, work on it.

Wow, how childish.

My pointing out things to you must have really struck a nerve.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
DTS Voice - Table Podcast excerpt.
May 7th, 2013

Darrell Bock:
...So let’s talk about the relationship between Genesis 1 and 2 before we turn to any one of those accounts.

Richard Averbeck:
Well, there is an important shift between Genesis 1:1 through chapter 2, verse 3. And then there’s a particular expression: “these are the generations of the heavens and the earth” – often translated “these are the accounts of the heavens and the earth.” And it refers to what comes out of, what generates from what’s already going before it. And so we have this whole cosmos, this whole universe in Genesis 1:1 through 2:3. And then Genesis 2:4 goes on and really zeros down into the work of humanity.
There’s an interesting thing that happens. In the first chapter, the name for God is Elohim. It’s the broad name for the great God. Then what happens in Chapter 2 is there’s a shift. We still use the name, Elohim, but along with it the name, Lord. Now, this is pronounced in Hebrew, Yahweh. Some people have pronounced it Jehovah. But this is referring to Yahweh, the God of the Israelites in Exodus when he delivered them from Egypt.
And so what happens is in Genesis 2:4, going from Elohim in the Chapter 1 story, it moves to Yahweh Elohim, and uses Yahweh Elohim throughout the account in Chapter 2. And so what happens is the writer – and I do take it to be Moses, okay – the writer is actually taking and telling the people of Israel, who are the recipients of this material, this story of this account.
He’s telling them the Yahweh who is the God delivering you from Egypt is the same God who created all that we have, all that we’re in the midst of here in this universe. And so it’s really tying the history of Israel into – and the importance of Yahweh as the covenant God of Israel into – who he really is. And he is the great Creator God.

https://voice.dts.edu/tablepodcast/comparing-bible-to-other-creation-accounts/

2003cobra

<cough> Ahem "I know you are but what am I?" - Cobra

"I'm rubber you are glue..." -Cobra

:wave2:

Why are you falsely attributing those quotes to me?

Is it really necessary for you to lie?

I encourage you to repent of this sin.

2003cobra

DTS Voice - Table Podcast excerpt.
May 7th, 2013

Darrell Bock:
...So let’s talk about the relationship between Genesis 1 and 2 before we turn to any one of those accounts.

Richard Averbeck:
Well, there is an important shift between Genesis 1:1 through chapter 2, verse 3. And then there’s a particular expression: “these are the generations of the heavens and the earth” – often translated “these are the accounts of the heavens and the earth.” And it refers to what comes out of, what generates from what’s already going before it. And so we have this whole cosmos, this whole universe in Genesis 1:1 through 2:3. And then Genesis 2:4 goes on and really zeros down into the work of humanity.
There’s an interesting thing that happens. In the first chapter, the name for God is Elohim. It’s the broad name for the great God. Then what happens in Chapter 2 is there’s a shift. We still use the name, Elohim, but along with it the name, Lord. Now, this is pronounced in Hebrew, Yahweh. Some people have pronounced it Jehovah. But this is referring to Yahweh, the God of the Israelites in Exodus when he delivered them from Egypt.
And so what happens is in Genesis 2:4, going from Elohim in the Chapter 1 story, it moves to Yahweh Elohim, and uses Yahweh Elohim throughout the account in Chapter 2. And so what happens is the writer – and I do take it to be Moses, okay – the writer is actually taking and telling the people of Israel, who are the recipients of this material, this story of this account.
He’s telling them the Yahweh who is the God delivering you from Egypt is the same God who created all that we have, all that we’re in the midst of here in this universe. And so it’s really tying the history of Israel into – and the importance of Yahweh as the covenant God of Israel into – who he really is. And he is the great Creator God.

https://voice.dts.edu/tablepodcast/comparing-bible-to-other-creation-accounts/

He lists a “story in Chapter 1” and “the account in Chapter 2,” disproving your claim that none of them believed that there were two stories.

Furthermore, he presents the stories as making the point that the Creator God is the God of the covenant with Israel. His points are valid. Your claiming either story is literal history is not.

Thanks, George.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
He lists a “story in Chapter 1” and “the account in Chapter 2,” disproving your claim that none of them believed that there were two stories.

Furthermore, he presents the stories as making the point that the Creator God is the God of the covenant with Israel. His points are valid. Your claiming either story is literal history is not.

Thanks, George.

I quite enjoy it when you make false claims.
It shows you for what you are.

Lon

Why are you falsely attributing those quotes to me?

Is it really necessary for you to lie?

I encourage you to repent of this sin.
YOU are falsely accusing and dense. Pay attention, you are about to be schooled, son:
Please don't let me ruin your narcissistic back-stabbing with the truth.
You tried turning your narcissism around on me as well, something from your grade school days "I know you are, but what am I" and "I'm rubber, you are glue..." It is genuinely difficult to believe a grown old man never outgrew such immaturity. Learn to format and use the internet and you'd not be stuck with 'Lon writes...' declarations. It doesn't make you look very brilliant when you can't do this.

Wow, how childish.
See, I said YOU were infantile FIRST, hence:
<< cough> Ahem "I know you are but what am I?" - Cobra
See? You just did the copycat thing because you aren't too bright and so you've employed the school yard line. You did. All by yourself. Inept and 'childishly.' My words to you. You just copied, and pasted it back.

My pointing out things to you must have really struck a nerve.
<"I'm rubber you are glue..." -Cobra

:wave2:
Whatever your inane taunt, it amounts to being ridiculously juvenile. Saying it back virtually verbatim: Lacks depth, reinforces and sustains the juvenile perception.

Sad you picked your day for contemplating our Savior for this nonsense.

2003cobra

YOU are falsely accusing and dense. Pay attention, you are about to be schooled, son:

See, I said YOU were infantile FIRST, hence:

See? You just did the copycat thing because you aren't too bright and so you've employed the school yard line. You did. All by yourself. Inept and 'childishly.' My words to you. You just copied, and pasted it back.

Whatever your inane taunt, it amounts to being ridiculously juvenile. Saying it back virtually verbatim: Lacks depth, reinforces and sustains the juvenile perception.

Sad you picked your day for contemplating our Savior for this nonsense.

Doubling down rather than repenting that you made up quotes and falsely attributed them to me?

You multiple your sin.

Bearing false witness, claiming I said things I did not say, is what you have done.

This is an unChristian action.

Lon

Doubling down rather than repenting that you made up quotes and falsely attributed them to me?

You multiple your sin.
:chuckle: YOUR accusation will have us both before the Savior and Him reprimanding you for a cry-baby and false accusation. You are an immature child. If you were 4, it might have been cute. You act like you haven't cleared grade school. You CAN ask again why this wasn't false. That you don't GET why it isn't false? I need to put you on ignore. You lack the where-with-all to discuss anything intelligent with me.

Bearing false witness, claiming I said things I did not say, is what you have done.

This is an unChristian action.
IT IS CHRISTIAN! it is calling you on your behavior by giving equivalent example. You are being dense. The attributes were SPECIFICALLY to show the immaturity level of your accusations and poor excuse for rebuttals. You are woefully lacking in intelligence, spirituality, correct-ability, and remedial after-school class. You need to be either kicked off TOL or on severe restriction for you dismal excuse for this poor behavior. Sorry, all facts. If you report me? Guaranteed: Nothing. If I report you? You 'may' be put in time-out for several TOL infractions. You are close to trolling behavior, thread hijacking, and harassing other members. YOU are. YOU are close to that AND promised to abide by TOL rules. You can't change your poor education or personality flaws. You can correct your poor posting behavior and I suggest you do so.

None of this requires a rebuttal or response from you. It suggests, rather, a post-behaving change. Stop being a troll.

2003cobra

:chuckle: YOUR accusation will have us both before the Savior and Him reprimanding you for a cry-baby and false accusation. You are an immature child. If you were 4, it might have been cute. You act like you haven't cleared grade school. You CAN ask again why this wasn't false. That you don't GET why it isn't false? I need to put you on ignore. You lack the where-with-all to discuss anything intelligent with me.
Ah, now you claim to prophesy the future and you can predict the judgment of the Lord.

You do have a high opinion of yourself!

IT IS CHRISTIAN! it is calling you on your behavior by giving equivalent example. You are being dense. The attributes were SPECIFICALLY to show the immaturity level of your accusations and poor excuse for rebuttals. You are woefully lacking in intelligence, spirituality, correct-ability, and remedial after-school class. You need to be either kicked off TOL or on severe restriction for you dismal excuse for this poor behavior. Sorry, all facts. If you report me? Guaranteed: Nothing. If I report you? You 'may' be put in time-out for several TOL infractions. You are close to trolling behavior, thread hijacking, and harassing other members. YOU are. YOU are close to that AND promised to abide by TOL rules. You can't change your poor education or personality flaws. You can correct your poor posting behavior and I suggest you do so.

None of this requires a rebuttal or response from you. It suggests, rather, a post-behaving change. Stop being a troll.

Bearing false witness about a person, several times claiming the person said things that he did not say, is a Christian action in your mind?

I should be kicked off TOL because I point out you are lying about me?

You falsely attributed childish quotes to me, and then you pretend that I am the troll?

It is difficult to believe you went to seminary.

Lon

I never wrote those things.

Bearing false witness.
Nope, just you disagreeing with my assessment of your grade-school debate tactics.

They ARE grade-school mindless debate tactics. You employ a few more of them here in a second...

It isn't 'bearing false witness' but RIGHTLY/CORRECTLY assessing your lame rebuttals with equivalents.

I DON'T CARE if you don't like them, they ARE TRUE. Sorry, TRUE is not a false witness. It is a correct one.

You again are thick.

Ah, now you claim to prophesy the future and you can predict the judgment of the Lord.
Naw. See, unlike me, you don't have the ability to write up equivalent remarks on par with what was said. Rather, you ineptly make stuff up in your head and believe it. Again, I just need to put you on ignore. You are a total waste of time. You do this exact same conversation and banter with other members on TOL. It is hardly new to or for me. It is your modus operandi. It is childish and immature. You are childish and immature.

You do have a high opinion of yourself!
Not hard to do. I'd reckon about everybody thinks the same when talking to you.

Bearing false witness about a person, several times claiming the person said things that he did not say, is a Christian action in your mind?
Nope. Again, you don't do this critical thinking skill well. I TOTALLY hold your abilities suspect and see nothing premium about your dismal education.

I should be kicked off TOL because I point out you are lying about me?
Er, as I said, for trolling, and hijacking threads. For lame juvenile attacks? Maybe that too, but no. In fact. Not lying. Adeptly calling your garbage on the carpet more like.

You falsely attributed childish quotes to me, and then you pretend that I am the troll?
:chuckle: They WERE childish quotes. I was TRYING to by placing "I'm rubber, you are glue..." Next to your childish remarks, that you'd take a hint. You are being obtuse and childish here as well. Childish never stops with you, just further and deeper in.

It is difficult to believe you went to seminary.
Yeah, I don't find you astute at all, so agree with you. It would be difficult for you to believe. You are actually just saying you don't like that a person who went to seminary corrects you in a brash fashion. You don't deserve nor need kid-gloves. You need a wake-up call. You are a child in a man's body. Grow up.

2003cobra

Nope, just you disagreeing with my assessment of your grade-school debate tactics.

They ARE grade-school mindless debate tactics. You employ a few more of them here in a second...

It isn't 'bearing false witness' but RIGHTLY/CORRECTLY assessing your lame rebuttals with equivalents.

I DON'T CARE if you don't like them, they ARE TRUE. Sorry, TRUE is not a false witness. It is a correct one.

You again are thick.

Naw. See, unlike me, you don't have the ability to write up equivalent remarks on par with what was said. Rather, you ineptly make stuff up in your head and believe it. Again, I just need to put you on ignore. You are a total waste of time. You do this exact same conversation and banter with other members on TOL. It is hardly new to or for me. It is your modus operandi. It is childish and immature. You are childish and immature.

Not hard to do. I'd reckon about everybody thinks the same when talking to you.

Nope. Again, you don't do this critical thinking skill well. I TOTALLY hold your abilities suspect and see nothing premium about your dismal education.

Er, as I said, for trolling, and hijacking threads. For lame juvenile attacks? Maybe that too, but no. In fact. Not lying. Adeptly calling your garbage on the carpet more like.

:chuckle: They WERE childish quotes. I was TRYING to by placing "I'm rubber, you are glue..." Next to your childish remarks, that you'd take a hint. You are being obtuse and childish here as well. Childish never stops with you, just further and deeper in.

Yeah, I don't find you astute at all, so agree with you. It would be difficult for you to believe. You are actually just saying you don't like that a person who went to seminary corrects you in a brash fashion. You don't deserve nor need kid-gloves. You need a wake-up call. You are a child in a man's body. Grow up.

It is nice to see that you finally admitted making up quotes and then falsely attributing them to me. Unfortunately, you showed no remorse for the sin you acknowledge.

2003cobra

I quite enjoy it when you make false claims.
It shows you for what you are.

He did mention the “story in Chapter 1” and “the account in Chapter 2” as separate things.

I am not the one making false claims.

Lon finally admitted his claims were false. I hope you you can eventually come to that point of admitting your error too.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He did mention the “story in Chapter 1” and “the account in Chapter 2” as separate things.

I am not the one making false claims.

Lon finally admitted his claims were false. I hope you you can eventually come to that point of admitting your error too.
It's all about finding and pointing out perceived "errors" for you isn't it? You think you find errors in scripture, in people's posts and then tell people they sinned because they are joking around, and they need to repent? Then I discover you doing the same things on another forum. You're an instigator like Woody Woodpecker.

8abc5cbd51290e23845d1630f2678a47.gif