Hello

TerryD

Hello, i am posting because I want to say hello to all, and wish everyone Gods grace. Also, I created an account the other day and was banned less than 24 hours later because the system thought I was a bot!!! Would love for someone to tell me why. Thank you and enjoy reading here...

WatchmanOnTheWall

Hello, i am posting because I want to say hello to all, and wish everyone Gods grace. Also, I created an account the other day and was banned less than 24 hours later because the system thought I was a bot!!! Would love for someone to tell me why. Thank you and enjoy reading here...

With the rise of AI it's hard to know for sure who might be a bot? I was thinking about this just yesterday; now that Sophia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrV2CVDXjo ) has been given Saudi citizenship, would the ultimate Turin test be when an AI says they believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for their sins. This beg two questions, can AI robots sin? (I think they can) and will they go to heaven? (I'm not 100% sure they won't).

Welcome to TOL

TerryD

With the rise of AI it's hard to know for sure who might be a bot? I was thinking about this just yesterday; now that Sophia ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKrV2CVDXjo ) has been given Saudi citizenship, would the ultimate Turin test be when an AI says they believe Jesus is the Son of God and that He died for their sins. This beg two questions, can AI robots sin? (I think they can) and will they go to heaven? (I'm not 100% sure they won't).

Welcome to TOL
That begs another question... Can an AI "believe"? If so, does it have a soul? That's two questions, but after all, I am human and fallible...

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The post was probably bot-like. They are creating bots that make so many posts then just leave. Bots don't behave quite like humans.

BTW welcome to TOL.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No and no.

Machines, including Von Neumann architecture machines (processing, storage, I/O), no matter how elaborately programmed, are not in genuine possession of the breath of life from God (living souls).

By the way, welcome to TOL.

AMR

We have been running into some cleverly programmed internet bots, but usually they eventually give themselves away.

TerryD

The post was probably bot-like. They are creating bots that make so many posts then just leave. Bots don't behave quite like humans.

BTW welcome to TOL.
Thing is, I had not posted a thing, just signed up. I don't post much at all, but read alot. Too many great posts by great minds that know far more than I do. Keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Emjay

I’m new to this site and I have great expectations. Glad to be here.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL