D.J.

Dan Emanuel

Newbie Central Hello, hello, hello tell us about yourself!
Hello, hello. I've been around for a while; 'd like to introduce myself a little better:

As a dumb jock. :e4e:

"I played ball," in high school, and was pretty good in my league's but not good enough to attract any formal interest (e.g. scouting) from any program higher than Division III. My hope's to play professionally were ultimately dashed the fall of my freshman year in college, where I failed to make the Division 1 school I attendeds team as "a walk-on."

I can't imagine what it must be like to live in the world of a marquee American professional athlete for an extended time period. No matter how good you may be at the sport your being paid to for so very much money play, you may or may not be particularly adapted to dealing with the highwire act that is the world of a marquee American professional athlete.

OK?

Daniel the Dumb Jock

Dan Emanuel

Me too...
Sometime's I miss it, but I think that the older I get, the more I integrate the essence of playing ball into my daily life. :)
[...]You need a haircut...
LOL, no, my hair is "mens regular" length. Its never been as long as his hair is in that video; I meant that my complexion, hair (head and beard) color, and sort-of facial feature's are like his. :)
...P.S.
The video works.
Thank you kindly. :) I'm glad. I like the song too.

And I also appreciate how you think, Tam, but I think I even more appreciate you're lighthearted nature that you [so] easily return to, no matter how testing a particular thread or other poster may be for you.

:)

DJ

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL, no, my hair is "mens regular" length. Its never been as long as his hair is in that video; I meant that my complexion, hair (head and beard) color, and sort-of facial feature's are like his. :)
OK.
And you keep your britches pulled up too, right?

And I also appreciate how you think, Tam, but I think I even more appreciate you're lighthearted nature that you [so] easily return to, no matter how testing a particular thread or other poster may be for you.
Sometimes. ;)

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi, Dan! Welcome!

In Steven's case the moon shadow eventually became the crescent moon of Islam, though the Sufi sect has been and hopefully will continue to be more peaceful than the others.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hello, hello. I've been around for a while; 'd like to introduce myself a little better:

As a dumb jock. :e4e:

"I played ball," in high school, and was pretty good in my league's but not good enough to attract any formal interest (e.g. scouting) from any program higher than Division III. My hope's to play professionally were ultimately dashed the fall of my freshman year in college, where I failed to make the Division 1 school I attendeds team as "a walk-on."

I can't imagine what it must be like to live in the world of a marquee American professional athlete for an extended time period. No matter how good you may be at the sport your being paid to for so very much money play, you may or may not be particularly adapted to dealing with the highwire act that is the world of a marquee American professional athlete.

OK?

Daniel the Dumb Jock

yes, i've seen you awhile now. hello again, now i REALLY know you well.
maybe it's not too late. start training and practice and try-out. maybe MMA ? or NBA ? good to know ya DJ -

Dan Emanuel

yes, i've seen you awhile now. hello again, now i REALLY know you well...
Good. :)
...maybe it's not too late. start training and practice and try-out. maybe MMA ? or NBA ?...
No, its too late. Even if I were at my prime for my age, I couldn't be good enough for the pros. :(

But thank's for the encouragement anyway! :)
...good to know ya DJ -
I like you, Patrick. I hope you know that.

DJ

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hiya Dan. Could have been worse. My dad was one of those fellows who was naturally good at any sort of sport. He was offered scholarships to some SEC schools as a DB, but didn't love school and loved baseball more in any event. Pitched for the Navy and had a Feller like fastball. After he got out the Orioles brought him up and moved him up until he was ready for the show. Then he hurt his arm and the doctors diagnosed him with a form of arthritis that pretty much shut down that dream.

I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been.

Which just goes to show you...it's always something. :eek:

Welcome aboard. :e4e:

On the plus side, they paid players peanuts back then and he turned out to have an even better knack for business. All that skipped right over me, but my left handed son is already throwing with a little control at four, so who knows? We might make it there yet. :)

Dan Emanuel

Hiya Dan. Could have been worse. My dad was one of those fellows who was naturally good at any sort of sport. He was offered scholarships to some SEC schools as a DB, but didn't love school and loved baseball more in any event. Pitched for the Navy and had a Feller like fastball. After he got out the Orioles brought him up and moved him up until he was ready for the show. Then he hurt his arm and the doctors diagnosed him with a form of arthritis that pretty much shut down that dream.

I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been...
I didn't get as close to the Big Show as it sound's like you're Dad did, so I can't say that I know what thats like either. But I know that its a huge test, for anybody to have to undergo. Its like living a fantasy that suddenly come's crashing down around you; you're whole life change's in a moment, in the blink of an eye, its over.

And then you've got to rejoin the rest of the world, who has no idea what its like to "live the dream" of the marquee American professional athlete. Almost everything else pale's by comparison.
...Which just goes to show you...it's always something. :eek:...
Right you are. :thumb:
...Welcome aboard. :e4e:...
Thank you very much, Town.
...On the plus side, they paid players peanuts back then and he turned out to have an even better knack for business. All that skipped right over me, but my left handed son is already throwing with a little control at four, so who knows? We might make it there yet. :)
Its all plus side, Town. Thats what the Christian faith is all about. ;)

:e4e:

DJ