Hello all , my name is Joe.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Not at all serpant dove however it seems I agree with some of their views on the sabbath, but cannot agree to be associated with them, I have also attended JW church and bible study and can agree on some things...

Was there ever a time when Jesus did not exist? :smokie: Jn 1:1

JosephR

no i agree with john 1 .."They both like to say Jesus is a created being not worthy of worship, I agree with john 1. "

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Welcome aboard Joe,

Psalm 82 is speaking of the judges who were to rule in God's name. Notice the verse that says, "Ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes".

Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Deut. 1:15
So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes. And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it. And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should do.​

The Jews knew full well that Jesus was claiming to be God, so they accused Him of blasphemy.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

He reminds them they were made judges and were to hear God when He spoke to them. Instead they charged Him with blasphemy...and were not judging righteously and would, therefore, come under God's judgment. "But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes" because they did not heed the WORD OF GOD when He came among them.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;​

The Jews understood what so many professing believers today don't know. That Jesus was saying He is the great I AM....before Abraham.

John 8:57-59
Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.​

Very nice, you beat me to it!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow it's so great to be among knowledgable persons as yourselves .I will have to get on my home computer to answer correctly about all the post, but one thing seems clear, a Christian is not under the old mosaic law but rev 14 clearly states the saints will keep the commandments of god and the faith of Jesus so, what cancer a me is what exactly are the commandments they follow as we can well define the faith in Jesus part ? Thanks and talk to y'all later

Joe

Posted from the TOL App!

Welcome to TOL.

There are OT saints, NT saints and tribulation saints.
These are all 'separated/holy' unto GOD, but during different times and structures.

In the tribulation there will be believing Jews who both keep the commandments of GOD and have faith in their Messiah, Jesus.

Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

What is 'the song of Moses' and........do you sing it or know anyone that does? Why would there be saints singing the song of Moses?

JosephR

Welcome to TOL.

There are OT saints, NT saints and tribulation saints.
These are all 'separated/holy' unto GOD, but during different times and structures.

In the tribulation there will be believing Jews who both keep the commandments of GOD and have faith in their Messiah, Jesus.

Rev 15:3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

What is 'the song of Moses' and........do you sing it or know anyone that does? Why would there be saints singing the song of Moses?

This song is the answer to the whole riddle is it?,connecting the prophets with the messiah,,thank you for your insight I will read more and get back to you about this later,thanks again.

glorydaz

Ok maybe I shall it seems even the JW who are experts on the saints and 144000 cannot answer the question of what commandments they follow in rev 14 12, it's not a question of do they follow them it's what do they follow , usually when the bible mentions the commandments of god it means the Ten Commandments ,

Posted from the TOL App!

When Jesus came, He "magnified" the Law, so lusting becomes adultery, and anger and calling someone a "fool" makes one in danger of hellfire.

Isaiah 42:21
The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.​

Matt. 5:21
Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt. 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.​

Jesus did this so all men would realize they were sinners and they needed to call on Him for mercy. The Law was made for sinners...that they would know what sin is....and would lead them to Christ. One must be humble enough to admit he is unable to be perfectly righteous before our Holy God. Even our thoughts will be judged, so it is impossible for men to be righteous through obedience to the commandments.

Galatians 3:24-25
Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Thus, the obedience of faith, and believing unto righteousness is the message of the Gospel. We are saved by grace through faith...not of ourselves so that no man can boast in his own righteousnes. We see a lot of professing Christians thinking their obedience to the commandments will save them or keep them saved. Only the obedience of faith will. We follow the leading of the Spirit within, which far and away surpasses any commandment that can be written on tablets of stone. We actually obey the RISEN LORD as He reveals His will to us through the Spirit instead of the law Jesus taught while He walked this earth (before the Cross).

keypurr

Welcome Joe, I was a Baptist and a Lutheran. I left them both for they teach a false God. You may not agree with me and that is OK. You will find a lot of nice folks on TOL.

JosephR

Ty guys for the welcome and key I'm sure we will try to get to that, many strange things I have learned in the last few years I have been studying the bible and religions , I'm glad to be here with all you guys !

Posted from the TOL App!

JosephR

C'mon Joseph quit stalin and answer some posts.

Posted from the TOL App!

I have decided to heed the advise of others and slow down an take my time and make some friends , but what questions or post do you want me to answer. Most post are showing me information not really asking any questions,
Thanks
Joe

Posted from the TOL App!