Hello all , my name is Joe.

JosephR

Hi and greetings to all. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided to register and ask a few questions.

About me. I was raised Baptist.

I have read the Bible my whole life and still hold onto it as the word of God to this day.But have many questions.

I noticed that if you do not accept Jesus as God then you could be added to a heretic list?I know this has been discussed thoroughly and I do accept him as my Lord and Savior,but I cannot dismiss when John heard the words of," this is my son in whom I am well pleased.Not this is me.But anyhow there are plenty of scriptures going the other way as well.

I have become a student of many religions, if for no other means then to as know thine enemy as thine self.But I have found much truth in many.

ALSO I saw a new member that is banned now , he said in his greeting, I am Jesus and God and so on. Witch on the surface is outright blasphemy , but in psalm 82 we are told we are Gods,Elohim, And when Jesus said to the Pharisees is it not written in your law that ye are god, El Elohim. I would deff like to hear some more on this subject if anyone has done any study into it.

And one last opening question, After I decided to really read the bible for myself I found I had a very fundamental view of things,and got caught up in the Law,mainly the Sabbath.I know hold the view of keeping 9 commandments, the 7 gave to Noah for all gentiles and the 2 that Jesus gave concerning love of God and neighbor. Also reading Gen 2 I remember the Sabbath. I do not follow the Hebrew law of the Sabbath but just remembrance that God made it holy on the 7th day.
I do not wish to be judged by the law but I also moreso do not wish to offend God anymore then I allready have in my life.

Any responses or answers or other threads that answer my questions if you could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance and may Godbless us all
Joe

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi and greetings to all. I have been reading the forums for a few weeks now and decided to register and ask a few questions.

I have read the Bible my whole life and still hold onto it as the word of God to this day.But have many questions.

I noticed that if you do not accept Jesus as God then you could be added to a heretic list?I know this has been discussed thoroughly and I do accept him as my Lord and Savior,but I cannot dismiss when John heard the words of," this is my son in whom I am well pleased.Not this is me.But anyhow there are plenty of scriptures going the other way as well.

I have become a student of many religions, if for no other means then to as know thine enemy as thine self.But I have found much truth in many.

ALSO I saw a new member that is banned now , he said in his greeting, I am Jesus and God and so on. Witch on the surface is outright blasphemy , but in psalm 82 we are told we are Gods,Elohim, And when Jesus said to the Pharisees is it not written in your law that ye are god, El Elohim. I would deff like to hear some more on this subject if anyone has done any study into it.

And one last opening question, After I decided to really read the bible for myself I found I had a very fundamental view of things,and got caught up in the Law,mainly the Sabbath.I know hold the view of keeping 9 commandments, the 7 gave to Noah for all gentiles and the 2 that Jesus gave concerning love of God and neighbor. Also reading Gen 2 I remember the Sabbath. I do not follow the Hebrew law of the Sabbath but just remembrance that God made it holy on the 7th day.
I do not wish to be judged by the law but I also moreso do not wish to offend God anymore then I allready have in my life.

Any responses or answers or other threads that answer my questions if you could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Joe

What church or denomination are you affiliated with now?

JosephR

welcome to tol
but
I am not impressed that you would talk about the sabbath with your first post

is that your priority?

ahh no just one of the BIG questions I have been going over with myself. Maybe I put to much information in my first post? or it doesn't belong in the welcome post.. IDK.

JosephR

Grosnik, I am not affiliated with anyone other then my own personal studies.
And for this reason, my town like alot of towns in America has many churches.
And it bothers me that none of them have the same name.I visit many churches and in my heart the Baptist church I hold dear.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
ahh no just one of the BIG questions I have been going over with myself. Maybe I put to much information in my first post? or it doesn't belong in the welcome post.. IDK.

and the other one is whether or not Jesus is God

the vast majority of christians worship on Sunday and believe Jesus is God
so
looks like you are just another trouble maker

that is not a problem

JosephR

well ask away.I am reading one the the battles about the said subject.very informative.you guys know the scripture thats for sure. I just hope to soak up some of that knowledge and wisdom :)

bybee

well ask away.I am reading one the the battles about the said subject.very informative.you guys know the scripture thats for sure. I just hope to soak up some of that knowledge and wisdom :)

Welcome!
You shall read a variety of opinions on Scriptural passages.
I try to read without prejudice (difficult to do) so that I may examine my own beliefs in the light of new perspectives.
I have grown much since joining this forum.

tomlapalm

Joe

Greetings, You must have skipped a lot of Sunday School:chuckle:

Like many of us Baptist or any organized group , we have been told what to believe but not WHY it is important to believe it.
We have been told doctrine based upon an interrupters use of a word rather than the original meanings.
We have (without the required basics) have wandered and applied teachings that do not apply to us. The teachings were written for our benefit but not to us.

Elohyim. is the word used in Psalms 82, many other places and quoted by Jesus to the Jews. It is used as gods(little g) . it actually would be better as" hosts of Heaven" GOD is certainly the ruler and on of of all the hosts of Heaven. Like a king would be a citizen of the country he rules. The name also applies to all the citizens. The phrase El Elohyim would simply be Mighty of the Hosts or ruler.
The evil Jews who were wanting to kill Jesus were referred to as "elohyim". This is the same type of people who was referred to a "of your father the devil". so people can be elohyim, as well as the host in Heaven.. you can draw the next conclusions..

As for the Law, The law was written to apply to the Hebrews between Moses and Jesus. not you.

You are judge by Grace, not works keeping the Law

JosephR

TY bybee. I try and keep an open mind, in the way that my beliefs may be changed even if it shakes the core of what I hold dear and have believed all my life.Seeking the truth is what I want. TY again for the warm welcome :)

JosephR

Hi Tom..I'll chew on that but something connects it to when Jesus said, all I have done you can do more if you just had faith, was he referring to this connection of Elohim?In the Orthodox Jewish Torah it says in the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. I am just trying to make a connection here.
As far as sunday school goes ur deff right I skipped alot lol.So here is a Sunday school question for you about the Law. When Noah was told to take 7 clean and 2 unclean animals into the Ark,,how did Noah know what was clean and unclean?Probably because he was a friend of God and he told him but it seems the major components of the law was in place way before Abraham and Moses.Your thoughts on this?

Spitfire

Back so soon? :p

JosephR

Hi spitfire I have never registered here before. Im sure admin can check Ip's or something if need be. but nice to meet you :)

tomlapalm

Hi Tom..I'll chew on that but something connects it to when Jesus said, all I have done you can do more if you just had faith, was he referring to this connection of Elohim?In the Orthodox Jewish Torah it says in the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth. I am just trying to make a connection here.
As far as sunday school goes ur deff right I skipped alot lol.So here is a Sunday school question for you about the Law. When Noah was told to take 7 clean and 2 unclean animals into the Ark,,how did Noah know what was clean and unclean?Probably because he was a friend of God and he told him but it seems the major components of the law was in place way before Abraham and Moses.Your thoughts on this?

What is the problem with Elohyim creating heaven and earth? It is like saying the Mighty One from the root word el It wasn't in the beginning of all nor Heaven as where the Throne of God is.

The 7/2 split is different than the 2 of each in Ch 6 and the 7 each of the fowls in ch 7.

It may not be ceremonially clean but pure tahowr is used. Maybe not a crossbreed

We know some of the clean were sacrificed.

JosephR

Oh no problem with it just trying to put it in context just like beni Elohim is used in gen 6 and in Job.

Posted from the TOL App!