Hi There :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks! :cheers:
Now all we need to do is get you squared away with the quote function.

Here goes: so you want to quote and answer a poster, but you want to speak to more than one quote. There are a few ways to do that. Here's what I do. First, I hit quote.

The screen that pops up has the opening quote and the closing quote but it isn't broken down into whatever parts I want to speak to. So I look at the end of the first bit I want to address and I type in [ /quote] but without the space I put in there (if I didn't leave the space it would activate as a close quote.

Then I look to the next line or lines and I quote wrap them by clicking and highlighting the bit then pointing and clicking the quote wrap above, which looks like a blurb and is to the right of the postcard looking icon and to the left of the hashtag icon.

I keep doing that until I get to the last bit, if I want to include it, which has the closing already included and I type in the [ quote] at the beginning.

It should end up looking like this:

Anyposter123 said:
Ham stinks![ /quote]
No, you stink.

I've just never liked it. Not the smell or the taste. I don't particularly like people who like ham because they smell like ham when they sweat. I don't know how they taste because I'm not a cannibal. [ /quote]
Right. :plain:
Anyposter123 said:
Then you click on the Preview Post option below to make sure you did it right and if you did, hit Submit Reply. Easy-peasy. :D

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or doe it like this just what Town did it just copy the quote part with his name one it.
Now all we need to do is get you squared away with the quote function.[ /quote]

Then I type my reply to the sections then paste the quote tag with his name on it and the start of the next section of his post you are quoting. Don't forget to close the post section with this tag---> [ /quote]
goes: so you want to quote and answer a poster, but you want to speak to more than one quote.[ /quote]

It will end up looking like this:
The screen that pops up has the opening quote and the closing quote but it isn't broken down into whatever parts I want to speak to. So I look at the end of the first bit I want to address and I type in [ /quote] but without the space I put in there (if I didn't leave the space it would activate as a close quote.
Looks snazzy.
Then I look to the next line or lines and I quote wrap them by clicking and highlighting the bit then pointing and clicking the quote wrap above, which looks like a blurb and is to the right of the postcard looking icon and to the left of the hashtag icon.
I address each section of the post until I am done.
Town Heretic;3462197 said:
I keep doing that until I get to the last bit, if I want to include it, which has the closing already included and I type in the [ quote] at the beginning.
Looks all tidy and the ppeple viewing the thread can tell who in being addressed in the post.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or doe it like this just what Town did it just copy the quote part with his name one it.
Now all we need to do is get you squared away with the quote function.[ /quote]

Then I type my reply to the sections then paste the quote tag with his name on it and the start of the next section of his post you are quoting. Don't forget to close the post section with this tag---> [ /quote]
goes: so you want to quote and answer a poster, but you want to speak to more than one quote.[ /quote]

It will end up looking like this:

Looks snazzy.

I address each section of the post until I am done.

Looks all tidy and the ppeple viewing the thread can tell who in being addressed in the post.
That'll work too. I don't tend to address more than one person at a time so the non link quotes I use in the body don't really matter. The opening quote is the link anyway. It is an interesting look though. :thumb:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:wave2:
I just joined today, after being told about this site from my very good friend, vegascowboy. We go to the same Messianic Jewish synagogue and talk a lot. Honestly, I cannot believe he waited this long to tell me about this place! ;)

I'm excited to be here, although a bit overwhelmed so far! Not quite sure what to tell about myself... I'm relatively new to the Messianic movement, though not new to knowing who my Savior is. I love studying and discussing God's word, and among my passions, my biggest goal in life is to be a proper godly example to my twin daughters.

Looking forward to future discussions!

Welcome to TOL! We've grown quite fond of VC, here. He can be a real gem. I hope you enjoy your time on the site.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
He has this strange notion that the Bible is what it says it is.

Very odd character.

He also believes that the Earth isn't a hundred bagillion years old.

So odd.

And that funny accent. Sheesh.
He's Australian, what do you expect?

A snarky cow is not a pleasant thing. At least you didn't tell me to get back in the kitchen. ;)
Where's my sandwich?:eek:

Now all we need to do is get you squared away with the quote function.

Here goes: so you want to quote and answer a poster, but you want to speak to more than one quote. There are a few ways to do that. Here's what I do. First, I hit quote.

It should end up looking like this:
[ quote=Anyposter123] Ham stinks![ /quote]
No, you stink.

[ quote] I've just never liked it. Not the smell or the taste. I don't particularly like people who like ham because they smell like ham when they sweat. I don't know how they taste because I'm not a cannibal. [ /quote]
Right. :plain:[ /quote]​
Then you click on the Preview Post option below to make sure you did it right and if you did, hit Submit Reply. Easy-peasy. :D
And apparently we need to get you squared away with the no parse function.;)

If you want to type a code for a tutorial and show the code so that it doesn't perform its function use the "noparse" code.

[noparse]"code"[/noparse]

Ex: glorydaz' post

[QUOTE="glorydaz, post: 0"]A snarky cow is not a pleasant thing. At least you didn't tell me to get back in the kitchen. ;)[/quote]

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I just joined today, after being told about this site from my very good friend, vegascowboy. We go to the same Messianic Jewish synagogue and talk a lot. Honestly, I cannot believe he waited this long to tell me about this place! ;)

I'm excited to be here, although a bit overwhelmed so far! Not quite sure what to tell about myself... I'm relatively new to the Messianic movement, though not new to knowing who my Savior is. I love studying and discussing God's word, and among my passions, my biggest goal in life is to be a proper godly example to my twin daughters.

welcome-4.gif

IMJerusha

Welcome, Welcome!! :wave: