The NEW-UPDATED 10 TOL Commandments

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not going to go into it right now. If your interested read my posts in a week.
A week?
Good grief.

This is a discussion board, ya know? Not a board for "You just sit there and listen to me soapbox".

Just to give you fair warning, TOL is not the place to come to soapbox, or to link drop, or to copy/paste essays or articles.
Not accusing you of waiting to do that, but just giving you a heads up in case.

From what you have already said, it appears you came here fully expecting your views to have some opposition.
And if your views go against scripture, you most certainly will receive opposition.

All that aside, have a blast here!

jman

I don't plan on going against the scripture. Unless you take the scripture word for word and don't think about the meaning behind it. The bible says a lot, some obvious some not. For example (sorry I was also at work that's why I couldn't sit down and really discuss), the bible says Jesus died for our sins. But what does that MEAN he died for our sins. Do you know? Does it mean he felt so bad that we sin that he let himself be put on that cross. Does it mean he couldn't take our sin anymore so he willingly let them put him on that cross? I thought a lot about it and I think it means Christ died BECAUSE we sin. It was our sin that killed him. You have to understand, it wasn't as complex as that horrible English translation makes it. In that time period, Jesus was a radical! His teachings were so different than what society believed back then, that our sin eventually ended him. The thought that even a lot of us have today, that we were raised that way, so it HAS to be true, over took Jesus. Sure, he was divine, he could of summoned his power to take him off the cross, maybe even killed the soldiers but Jesus was kind, he excepted his fate, like many of us lack in his time AND ours to prove to the true believers for the next 2, 3000 years how horrible of a mistake we made just because of sin in order to teach us a lesson. I really do have a lot of good interpretations of quotes of the bible. I can never think of them off the top of my head so please challenge me. Anywho, my interpretations of the bible you might like, my thoughts on god and the heavens, that goes against what is commonly believed, but not necessarily bad, just different. But I LOVE questions, so please, challenge me!

Sent from my SM-G935T using TOL mobile app

jman

"Humankind" is devolving, not evolving.

Oooh, ooooh, LOVE talking about evolution! I didn't see that one! Will have to look!
Dear Knight,

I just had someone report me because I trying to summon support of Christians to help me in my case in the "Only a Fool Believes in Evolution" thread. Not only that, but several of the people in that thread are calling my ideas stupid, and that my behavior as Christian is offensive and intolerable primarily because it flies in the face of their beliefs in Evolution. I would much appreciate if you put these people on notice ASAP, thanks.

jman

I don't plan on going against the scripture. Unless you take the scripture word for word and don't think about the meaning behind it. The bible says a lot, some obvious some not. For example (sorry I was also at work that's why I couldn't sit down and really discuss), the bible says Jesus died for our sins. But what does that MEAN he died for our sins. Do you know? Does it mean he felt so bad that we sin that he let himself be put on that cross. Does it mean he couldn't take our sin anymore so he willingly let them put him on that cross? I thought a lot about it and I think it means Christ died BECAUSE we sin. It was our sin that killed him. You have to understand, it wasn't as complex as that horrible English translation makes it. In that time period, Jesus was a radical! His teachings were so different than what society believed back then, that our sin eventually ended him. The thought that even a lot of us have today, that we were raised that way, so it HAS to be true, over took Jesus. Sure, he was divine, he could of summoned his power to take him off the cross, maybe even killed the soldiers but Jesus was kind, he excepted his fate, like many of us lack in his time AND ours to prove to the true believers for the next 2, 3000 years how horrible of a mistake we made just because of sin in order to teach us a lesson. I really do have a lot of good interpretations of quotes of the bible. I can never think of them off the top of my head so please challenge me. Anywho, my interpretations of the bible you might like, my thoughts on god and the heavens, that goes against what is commonly believed, but not necessarily bad, just different. But I LOVE questions, so please, challenge me!

Was that too long?

jman

I don't think bias is the right word, it's too negative, Jesus was never bias against anyone, even sinners. He taught those that didn't know the truth. I don't think being rude and bias. Just because you don't agree with the person (which I assume you mean by being bias) doesn't mean they r wrong. Maybe we should listen and if you THINK you know better counter point and prove yourself right. But don't be bias. I know it's a right wing site and your strong about your ways, but what if?

I really am sorry powers that be if you read this, I shouldn't of stepped on your toes. I broke the only unwritten commandment: don't insult the bosses or their rules! Sorry again.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
For Board Peer Review...........

For Board Peer Review...........

~*~*~

Hello Knight and moderators,

Please review my question of the rules regarding any profanity or obescenity in any videos that are being posted, as far as what viewers will be subjected to audibly and visually. I make an observation, with points and suggestions here.

Thank You :)

danimal98444

TOL is entering it's 12th year. The following rules are the most current commandments for our forum. Follow these rules and you will be a happy camper here on TOL. Break these rules and you will likely be banned. Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.

1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.

2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images or video to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars, usernames, and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.

3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive." We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it). Be mindful of the spirit of the discussion.

4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged. Again, TOL is a right-wing Christian forum and therefore our bias is not hidden.

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

6. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website (without prior approval). Plagiarism is also a bannable offense - If you are posting material written by others, make sure to give them credit.

7. Thou SHALL NOT troll our forums. If you are here to make outlandish, crazy statements merely to get a rise out of the membership and cause trouble, please save yourself the time and leave.

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

9. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect TOL moderators and admins (if you are asked by a TOL moderator to alter a post, your signature, avatar, or other input on TOL, please respect that request). If you have been banned, please wait-out your ban. Please do not re-register using a new username unless you have made a special arrangement with the TOL staff.

10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

All of the above commandments are subjective in nature and will be determined on a case by case basis by the TOL staff.

Other things to avoid... These items may or may not cause TOL banishment.
Please do not stalk another TOL member. If you do not agree with a TOL member, do not follow that member around the TOL forum engaging them in every thread (even unrelated to the disagreement). If we determine you are a forum stalker we will ban you.

Please do not post in ALL CAPS or in all bolded text.

Please do not post SPAM unless its by our design, and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned. Spam is making posts with just a word or two or just a smilie in an attempt to boost your post count.

Please do not make posts that are extremely long. Anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. (Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)

Please do not copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.

Please do not marginalize TOL threads or TOL members, the topics and threads that interest some TOL members might not interest you. Just ignore threads and TOL members that do not interest you.​
Hello all, I have been a faithful Christ follower for about 6 years now. I was raised Southern Baptist and now attend Assembly of God. I am married for 20 years now, we have threekuds and three grandkids. I am also celebrating 50 months sober.

Thank you for welcoming me. I am interested in learning to understand the Bible better through cultural and antholigical study. Thanks and God bless.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

danimal98444

TOL is entering it's 12th year. The following rules are the most current commandments for our forum. Follow these rules and you will be a happy camper here on TOL. Break these rules and you will likely be banned. Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.

1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.

2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images or video to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars, usernames, and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.

3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. Emphasis on "unnecessarily disruptive." We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it). Be mindful of the spirit of the discussion.

4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged. Again, TOL is a right-wing Christian forum and therefore our bias is not hidden.

5. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads or be a "thread pest" (Hijacking a thread means intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the thread's purpose. And being a "thread pest" means you pop into random threads just to make a mocking comment with no other purpose than to marginalize the discussion). If you are not interested in the topic of a thread, you might just want to stay out of it.

6. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website (without prior approval). Plagiarism is also a bannable offense - If you are posting material written by others, make sure to give them credit.

7. Thou SHALL NOT troll our forums. If you are here to make outlandish, crazy statements merely to get a rise out of the membership and cause trouble, please save yourself the time and leave.

8. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum, website, or blog. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums or websites is also a bannable offense.

9. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect TOL moderators and admins (if you are asked by a TOL moderator to alter a post, your signature, avatar, or other input on TOL, please respect that request). If you have been banned, please wait-out your ban. Please do not re-register using a new username unless you have made a special arrangement with the TOL staff.

10. Thou SHALL NOT advocate or encourage criminal behavior on TOL. Personal threats and/or advocating criminal behavior will result in an instant ban. Making racist comments and other unnecessary personal comments may also cause banishment.

All of the above commandments are subjective in nature and will be determined on a case by case basis by the TOL staff.

Other things to avoid... These items may or may not cause TOL banishment.
Please do not stalk another TOL member. If you do not agree with a TOL member, do not follow that member around the TOL forum engaging them in every thread (even unrelated to the disagreement). If we determine you are a forum stalker we will ban you.

Please do not post in ALL CAPS or in all bolded text.

Please do not post SPAM unless its by our design, and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned. Spam is making posts with just a word or two or just a smilie in an attempt to boost your post count.

Please do not make posts that are extremely long. Anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. (Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)

Please do not copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.

Please do not marginalize TOL threads or TOL members, the topics and threads that interest some TOL members might not interest you. Just ignore threads and TOL members that do not interest you.​
Thank you for welcoming me. I am interested in better understanding the Bible through cultural and historical study.

I am happily married with kids and grandkids. I am also surrounded by pets; a dog, two cats, a Coffin Cockatoo,a cockatiel, a chinchilla and a Chilean Rose tarantula.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for welcoming me. I am interested in better understanding the Bible through cultural and historical study.

I am happily married with kids and grandkids. I am also surrounded by pets; a dog, two cats, a Coffin Cockatoo,a cockatiel, a chinchilla and a Chilean Rose tarantula.

It's good to see another animal lover. :thumb: Welcome.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Talk to the owner Knight. From the sound of your post about the book, likely it is going to be a no. The premise is something this site will not want to support.