The NEW-UPDATED 10 TOL Commandments

nicholsmom

Is this why Squeaky got an infraction for "Posting previous essays/writings" - not a Squeaky fan (I don't understand any of his posts, frankly), just didn't get this infraction. It looked like a bunch of unrelated verses strung together to me. Was that a "previous writing?"

Karl der Grosse

The copyrighted materials part....

My screen name is Karl der Grosse, who is better known as Charlemagne. I wanted to use his leader picture from Civilization 4 (huge fan of the series) as my avatar. Is this OK, or does it breach the commandment?

sdgareth

So if there are old commandments and new commandments. Does this mean
we believe in abrogation?

Is is this dispensation or covenant theology?

:)

grit

So if there are old commandments and new commandments. Does this mean
we believe in abrogation?

Is is this dispensation or covenant theology?

:)

:) I'm pretty sure it's covenantal, even though its seems dispensational, 'cause the thou shalts of "love thy LORD God with and thine heart... & thy neighbour as thy self" (Lk. 10:27, Geneva, 1560) are implied throughout, and perfectly by representative imputation rather than actual will and work of man. :yes:

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
Dear Knight, Poly, TOL,

I finally just read the TOL rules just right now.

I apologize and will behave adequately, now.

Please consider these words.

Please consider my unique Oatmeal look at life.

I was never yelling in threads, by the way.

Was only using colors, sizes, fonts.

Thanks.

Joey Arnold

Dear Knight,

I just had someone report me because I trying to summon support of Christians to help me in my case in the "Only a Fool Believes in Evolution" thread. Not only that, but several of the people in that thread are calling my ideas stupid, and that my behavior as Christian is offensive and intolerable primarily because it flies in the face of their beliefs in Evolution. I would much appreciate if you put these people on notice ASAP, thanks.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Knight,

I just had someone report me because I trying to summon support of Christians to help me in my case in the "Only a Fool Believes in Evolution" thread. Not only that, but several of the people in that thread are calling my ideas stupid, and that my behavior as Christian is offensive and intolerable primarily because it flies in the face of their beliefs in Evolution. I would much appreciate if you put these people on notice ASAP, thanks.
This is a rough place. TOL is a lot like preaching on the street, you need to be prepared to get your face spat on.

Don't let it bother you, use it against them as a weapon (Romans 12:20).

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

If by chance folks start using foul language or breaking other actual TOL rules let me know and I will take a look at it.

This is a rough place. TOL is a lot like preaching on the street, you need to be prepared to get your face spat on.

Don't let it bother you, use it against them as a weapon (Romans 12:20).

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.

If by chance folks start using foul language or breaking other actual TOL rules let me know and I will take a look at it.

OK, thanks, I wont let their behavior get me down. I have plenty of support from Christians in this forum, besides this type condemnation is common in all manifestations of society, but people usually just ignore it anyway.

Jesus says, "If someone slaps you on one cheek, let him slap the other cheek also," sounds like good advice to me.

fool

Hall of Fame
Dear Knight,

You reported yourself genius.
Then I reported you for reporting yourself.
If you had a subscription then you could see who reported you.
It's only three dollars a month, you get a bigger PM box and a free golf cart when you play at the TOL golf course.

The Graphite

TOL is entering it's 12th year. The following rules are the most current commandments for our forum. Follow these rules and you will be a happy camper here on TOL. Break these rules and you will likely be banned. Keep in mind TOL is a biased forum, leaning very far to the Christian right, and therefore we interpret our rules from OUR perspective. There are many dissenting voices on TOL who have been debating us and fellowshipping with us for years, but those voices understand whose house party they are at and are respectful of that.
You legalist. :plain:

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
TOL is entering it's 12th year. The following rules are the most current commandments for our forum.

WE+DONT+NEED+NO+STINKING+RULES.png

Adam

Hall of Fame
I think that with the outcry over certain member's actions lately, it's interesting to note these words from Knight in the OP.

"Break these rules and you will likely be banned."

That means that it's ultimately up to Knight.

oldhermit

For some of you who have read my lengthy posts:

I know that some of my posts are rather lingthy. Am I creating posts that are too long? Do I need to modify how I post these things?