Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Greetings.

    For those who are curious about my username, it means I am very interested in anomalies, as I consider myself one. However, I am mostly interested in natural anomalies, but not usually supernatural or paranormal ones, because they are usually fakeries.

    I hope I enjoy my time here. This site looks pretty interesting.

  • #2
    Takes most of the fun out of an anomaly if there's no apparent need for a supernatural/paranormal explanation, though, doesn't it? Otherwise I don't see how it would be much of an anomaly to begin with.

    Yes, maybe you'll find some exceptions to what one should usually expect here if that's what you're hoping for.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
      Takes most of the fun out of an anomaly if there's no apparent need for a supernatural/paranormal explanation, though, doesn't it? Otherwise I don't see how it would be much of an anomaly to begin with.
      I am more interested in anomalies such as the Platypus.

      Comment


      • #4
        How are you one?

        Comment


        • #5
          What's an anomaly? Is that anything like alimony?
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          You're too literal to get it.
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kmoney View Post
            How are you one?
            Genetically, physiologically, and mentally.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
              What's an anomaly? Is that anything like alimony?
              From wikipedia:

              An anomaly is any occurrence or object that is strange, unusual, or unique.

              Comment


              • #8
                Greetings Anomalist... welcome to TOL.

                To be honest I find the platypus to be a biological oddity but relatively uninteresting compared to the anomalies of quantum theory and cosmology.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 4string View Post
                  Greetings Anomalist... welcome to TOL.

                  To be honest I find the platypus to be a biological oddity but relatively uninteresting compared to the anomalies of quantum theory and cosmology.
                  Of course!

                  Quantum theory and cosmology are among my favorite subjects.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Welcome to TOL. Watch out .. reality can hurt anomalies....
                    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                    E≈mc2
                    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                    -Bob B.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome to da "big show".
                      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Welcome to the madhouse! You will see sights and experience things here to be found nowhere else on the interwebs!
                        Last edited by HappyCetacean; November 28th, 2008, 01:08 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          WHOA! A talking dolphin!
                          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                          E≈mc2
                          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

                          "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                          -Bob B.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            anomalies

                            Originally posted by TheAnomalist View Post
                            I am more interested in anomalies such as the Platypus.
                            What about the Pelican? His beak can hold more than his belly can......mildly anomalous. bybee

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TheAnomalist View Post
                              For those who are curious about my username, it means I am very interested in anomalies, as I consider myself one. However, I am mostly interested in natural anomalies, but not usually supernatural or paranormal ones, because they are usually fakeries.

                              I hope I enjoy my time here. This site looks pretty interesting.
                              It by and large is, but you might want to take the Adhominalist with a grain of salt, if you run into him.

                              Welcome.
                              You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                              Pro-Life






                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X