ARCHIVE:The 16 commandments at TheologyOnLine (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine

8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.

So would this mean that youtube videos shouldn't/can't be posted, as they are (usually) illegally uploaded with copyrighted materials? Just want to check so I don't accidentally post something if I am not supposed too. Thanks!

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So would this mean that youtube videos shouldn't/can't be posted, as they are (usually) illegally uploaded with copyrighted materials? Just want to check so I don't accidentally post something if I am not supposed too. Thanks!
It's allowed because the commandment says, "Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source." The videos give credit to the source.

bybee

Well, we must have some guidance if we are to participate in a joint effort. Civility keeps things going. Incivility either causes a shutdown in dialogue or escalating incivility. It has been said that the Law is a framework within which to live.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
10 just isn't enough here ;)

Breaking one of these commandments MAY cause you to be banned from our forum.

1. Thou SHALL NOT use profanity or insinuated profanity on this forum. Crass potty humor is also discouraged here at TOL.
2. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to upload profane images to our website or post links to profane material on our website. Profane avatars and profile images are also illegal and will result in instant banishment.
3. Thou SHALL NOT be intentionally blasphemous or unnecessarily disruptive. We will ban you if you are presenting yourself as an unneeded distraction (yes this is subjective - live with it).
4. Thou SHALL NOT call other TOL members names without cause. Appropriately identifying the wicked is not only allowed but encouraged.
5. Thou SHALL NOT post in ALL CAPS. That's rude, considered shouting and also hard to read.
6. Thou SHALL NOT hijack threads (intentionally changing the subject of a thread to discredit the threads purpose).
7. Thou SHALL NOT spam (unless its by our design and even then please be creative and keep spamming to a minimum. Do not make it your obsession or you will be banned).
8. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website
(without prior approval). Generally you shouldn't post any material on TOL that is not your own creation without giving credit to the source. If you do post material from another source... please only post a small excerpt from your source and then provide a link or other note of source.
9. Thou SHALL NOT submit posts of extreme length
(anything over 6 short paragraphs may be considered too long. Don't attempt to make your whole argument in one post. Battle Royale's are exempt from this rule.)
10. Thou SHALL NOT copy and paste your previous papers and writings (like high school or college papers) without prior approval. TheologyOnLine is for dialogue.
11. Thou SHALL NOT attempt to redirect members to another forum. (Profile and signature links may be allowed with administrator approval.) Using our PM system to redirect members to other forums is also a banable offense.
12. Thou SHALL NOT discuss the banning of other TOL members publicly if any TOL mod or admin has asked you to not discuss such matters.
13. Thou SHALL NOT mistreat TOL moderators and admins. (if you are asked by TOL moderator to alter your post, signature, avatar or other input at TOL please respect their request).
14. Thou SHALL NOT disrespect the decisions and or warnings of the TOL moderators and administrators.
15. Thou SHALL NOT advocate any criminal activity or vigilantism against another TOL member or anyone else. For instance, one might rightfully say... "The government should execute murderers" but someone should not advocate executing anyone personally or outside the criminal justice system.
16. Thou SHALL NOT break any other agreed upon rules.

Most (if not all) of the above commandments are subjective in nature. The owners and operators of TheologyOnLine reserve the right to enforce the rules of this website as they deem necessary.

TheologyOnLine is private property and all participants participate at the pleasure of this websites owners.

TOL is biased towards the truth - learn to deal with it. :)

bump

jesuspal

Should I even be on this site?

Should I even be on this site?

Please clarify- on some site profile pics are very disturbing, dead babies, feotuses.
Is this allowed(i can`t make a questionmark )É.
Can Christians be obscene hereÉ
I want to follow Jesus without calling myself a `christian`, So is this site for people who call themselves christian period and who follow a set belief system, eyes and ears closed É:cry: . What about red letter chritiansÉ

Maybe I need a different, Jesus based site.:doh: :cry:

geoff

not all people here are christians.

You know.. Christians can do what ever they want, as long as they are prepared for the consequences, one of which is "not being a christian" :p

It doesnt matter what you call yourself, as a person who follows Christ you will always be called a Christian.

Thank you Knight, I think I see the tab now.
I believe, do to my many errors in posting I will wait for a while before starting a new thread.
My hope is that with everyones feedback and patience I will learn from and contribute to this community.
Thank you for your help.

geoff

Hey, Knight,
If I particularly like one of my posts, can I blog on it TOL, as well?
How about if like several?

If you particularly like one of your posts, and feel the need to blog it, you should probably repent the sin of pride and pluck out both your eyes, and chop off at least one hand.

Trumpetfolker

Fortunately for us all, all judgment has been given to Jesus.
Joh 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

I like this passage...
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16 ¶ Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.
17 For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.
18 ¶ For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
This is a good one...
Acts 24:13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.
14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
16 And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.
Good night, Gracie.

geoff

Fortunately for us all, all judgment has been given to Jesus.

I like this passage...

This is a good one...

Good night, Gracie.

Nice.
Not as good as this one though:

1 Cor 5: 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you."

Status
Not open for further replies.